Do you use your implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Jul 8, 2014.

1. MasterCheef

If they changed the counters to tick down on use, then maybe it would make me feel less anxious about using them. As it is now, i cant stand to see the counter go down Im not doing anything. It bothers me for some reason.
  2. JudgeNu

Hold Breath lll - Auto-Charge
    Just got a Rangefinder lll - may check it out for fun.
  3. Erendil

Yes, it boggles my mind too. Most of them are just minor detection or defensive buffs and the effort involved in their use is minimal.

You can save one in your loadout and then forget about it for the life of the game if you want. You don't have to activate them at all, and if you have energy to run the implant, great. Otherwise you can just wait until you get an energy drop. Some of them (like Battle Hardened) even remove/reduce what are otherwise really annoying game mechanics (camera shake).

I just don't get it.

For me, I generally run:

• Regen I - for mid-range DMR work w/ the Nyx or Eidolon. I don't have a good feel for how quickly regen I/II/III drains energy compared to how quickly I acquire it through in-game actions, so I'm fine w/ level I for now.
    • Enh Targeting - When driving/gunning a vehicle or in a MAX.
    • Battle Hardened - for everything else.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bush82

just cant be arsed with them tbh. played long enough without so im happy. if they made one that counters the auto spotting one then il have a go.
  5. Saber15

I pretty much always run Enhanced Targeting. It's too useful to not have, same as it was in PS1.

Sometimes I'll take Safe Landing 3 if there's a Sunderer on a plateau or something, and I run Hold Breath 1 on my sniper. But otherwise, Enhanced Targeting 24/7
  6. Exploding Acorn

I really could care less about any of the implants. Only implant I had any interest in was Counter Intelligence, but since it doesn't work for vehicles not going to bother with it either.
  7. Demetrios

I don't know how people have energy problems, I'm constantly at >90k with 9 Ultra Chargers and 200+ regular Chargers just from gameplay, I've never bought any with certs or SC and that's with running implants 24/7.
  8. Tcsisek

yea I have never used an implant trying to get energy and a good implant.
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

Because its gives you advantage, like investing into AT mines, reaching good spot to plant it, then an EOD hud user screwing it.. while you can go LA and stick c4 and implant will not help him.
    why do i need healing while i can use med kit, or call for medic?!
    personally, i would replace some implants like healing and EOD by auto-resupply 1 mad from killed player, and anti-thermal. Because it will be more useful for solo players and more fair for players who don't needs implants to outsmart enemy.
  10. Axehilt

Uh....what?
    • Unless you're a knives-only sort of player, you use things that give you advantages.
      • An A2G ESF loadout gives you an advantage over a tank.
      • A rocket gives you an advantage over a tank.
    • Implants are just one additional tool, and not even a particularly significant advantage. (Mostly they're quality-of-life enhancements, and at best they counter one specific thing and you're still vulnerable to everything else.)
    • Do you also ask, "Why do I need a gun when I can use a knife?"
    No offense it's just that your rationale for avoiding use of this thing seems completely arbitrary.
  11. WorldOfForms

It's something the devs should have seen coming. It's basic human psychology - a term known as loss aversion. People have a very strong reaction the perception of losing something. I feel just like you - I hate knowing that whenever I have an implant equipped, if I'm not doing something now now now, I'm losing something. Every pause in combat is a "loss". It provokes anxiety in a lot of people if you make them feel like they are always losing something.
    • Up x 3
  12. Typhoeus

I've been kicking *** without them since forever now. I see no point in wasting my time micro managing all that junk. I keep wanting to try out that explosive detection one to stop getting my vehicles blown up by mines but always forget about it till it's to late. I hate mines so much but I guess not enough to make me bother with implants :/
  13. Pacster

What? Are you playing a different game than me? Come over to my magrider(whose main cannon is arguably the worst gun vs. infantry)...and I'll shove your rocket up your bumm...together with my energy ball.

Rockets are not giving you an advantage..they are just not completely useless vs. tanks like all other weapons. That's all.
  14. Scatterblak

Don't bother using regen. It's awful. No one should use it. I'm talking to all of you -- don't use regen. Particularly regen 2 or 3. They're terrible. They don't work. I think they make your health go down, and you show up on radar from farther away. Plus, they make a whiney, annoying noise, and sometimes thy can make your mouse shock you.

Don't use them.
  15. NCDaniel

Only one of them
  16. WUNDER8AR

same. I feel like I have no time for this. certing things out and resupplying infantry stuff already keeps me busy enough in the menus, sometimes to the point where it annoys me a bit. I rather pew pew
  17. hansgrosse

I don't use implants on most of my setups, but there are a few where I'll use them to supplement the loadout. They're useful, but certainly not necessary.
  18. Axehilt

It's not really relevant whether the heavy stands a chance beating a tank 1v1. The relevant point is that you have tools available (rockets, implants) and it's stupid to avoid their use for no reason other than "it provides an advantage".
  19. TheBloodEagle

Agreed. But people wanted so much about even having implants in the first place that they went with a really wimpy system.

Plus it seems like a big group of people don't like playstyle customization. They just want a basic boring CS in space.
  20. Takoita

Nope.

- Micromanagement of those puppies adds to stress; PS2 is quite frustration-inducing even without this already.
    - Things like regen and EOD implants are goddrat stupid and whover introduced them should feel bad.
    - Those chucklelancers higbied up the certline screen to cram this severely downvoted piece of nanites into the game. Down into the RNG implant reconstructor with that spawncamp.
    • Up x 1