Do you use your implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Jul 8, 2014.

1. MasterCheef

I tend not to use them, even though i have a few charges banked. I dont know why im saving it, but i just feel uncomfortable using them. Its like when you're playing a SP game and finish the game with a bunch of healing items.

anyone else hoarding their implants and charges for no reason?
    • Up x 11
  2. Paragon Exile

Yep.

Sometimes I go to my implants screen and oggle my 99 thousand energy and 70 chargers.
  3. Regpuppy

I just throw on clear vision for most of my classes and call it a day. I find that my usual playstyle isn't helped much by anything else. Conc and flash nades tickle now. Only exception is EOD for max and safe landing for engineer, when gunning for aircraft.

So yes, I do use mine.
  4. Rift23

I treat it as a collection--right now I have two Tier 1s, four Tier 2s and three Tier 3s with 40 chargers.

But otherwise, no, I don't use perks.
  5. Prudentia

Safe Landing for Light Assault and Battlehardened for everything else. i'm not even sure many of my loadouts are set up in that way, just those were i noticed that i didn't have it and it would be useful...
  6. Mekeji

One day I will use all this energy...one day....eventually....get off my back dammit.
  7. andy_m

I've been using "hold breath" from time to time. I'm still collecting the implants and reconstructing when I have enough to do so, just to see what happens. I've now got a tier III "holdbreath" but I've not used that yet, and I have now got over 120 chargers and a couple of supers.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tommyp2006

I constantly have implants on, usually either battle hardened, safe fall 2, regen 2, or awareness when using vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  9. Nubm

I almost got all implants, i never used one. I had a thought about clear vision but it would probably feel like cheating (because hardcounter) so i didn't even try it. I'll leave the 'We require more energy'-Problem to the Zerg. Also i do not like the whole idea of the energy consumption.

However, implants are quite useful IMO. Every boost that help you increase your level is exactly that: a boost. May it be small or may it be big (thats what she said).
  10. faykid

Safe landing III gives you flexibility when dropping on a tech plant or Hossin tree canopy
    Enhanced targeting lets you know whether you should continue shooting that MAX/vehicle or run away
    Battle hardened helps your aim with accurate weapons in busy battles
    EOD HUD III saves your tank while you prawl slowly through XP rich jungles of Hossin

Full energy plus several ultra chargers from extra T3 & T2 implants
  11. DorianOmega

Implants are nice, I have em for every other class that needs em for whatever build running but they should be a bit more complex and less tiered then they are now.

Right now, Battle Hardened, Enhanced Targeting, Range Finder, EOD,counter intelligence, and safe landing are the most appropriate to be called "implants" when you consider the abilities you can get for each class already available like adrenaline pump and nano weave.

Implants like Sensor shield, Hold Breath, Emp Shield and Regeneration however based on both title and their use should clearly be abilities you could opt to use over nanoweave to let you use the other implants listed, as far as implant diversity, having all of these individual aspects for implants makes them kind of a meh aspect to use considering the energy cost, what you SHOULD have done was combine the effects into all in one implant sets and not even consider tiering them while forcing the implant cost to be 1 per second to help enforce the new more powerful nature.

For instance take battle hardened and EOD hud and combine it into 1 new implant that featured both, on top of flak armor this would allow for even more individual build priority instead of diversity, take safe landing and and counter intelligence and combine them together to be used with the new sensor shield for example, take enhanced targeting, rangefinder, and awareness and put them all into one and call it Optical implant, this would kind of destroy the "crafting" system but as it is the "crafting" system for implants is EXTREMELY lame, all the implants should just be given away for free and make implant energy be the new resource in town that you either unlock in game, get a boost by being a member, or buy the energy as you already can now.
  12. Iridar51

Are you kidding? Regeneration is amazing. I use rank 2 on almost all classes/loadouts. No energy problems, once I accumulated enough implants to craft Ultra Chargers.
  13. Maljas23

Surprised no one has mention Enhanced Targeting for flying an ESF. Lets you know how you did against that pilot that killed you, and whether or not you should finish off that tank below you.
    • Up x 2
  14. Alarox

I have all the implants except Rangefinder and Regeneration 3 since RNG doesn't want me to have them.

I use Regeneration 2 on most of my infantry classes, Hold Breath on my Infiltrator, and Awareness for everything else. Awareness for when in a vehicle as well.
  15. MasterCheef

how do some of you accrue all those charges? i thought i was doing ok, but i dont have anywhere near 40 charges saved.
  16. SeanFree

Battle hardened on everything except for C4 LA (regen 3) and I call it a day. It's nice not having to mess with anything other than a couple ultra chargers to last flipping forever.
  17. SSRemly

I am using the regen implant because I hate wasting a whole medkit when I only have a little health missing.
  18. TwwIX

Mainly Regeneration since Medics tend to have a short attention span unless you are constantly spamming the voice cue. I only wish that there was a key bind for re-charging it so i don't have to trudge through the game's convoluted menus just to recharge it. And no. I won't use auto recharge since i am quite frugal with my implants.
  19. Leftconsin

Implants are crutches.
  20. DJPenguin

on the main yes. can only use them half the time on my alt though. it's just not possible to keep up w/ energy even with a tier 1 implant from drops alone.