Do you use your implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Jul 8, 2014.

1. squarebug

i do use tier 1/2

to make an ultra charger:

one tier 3
    one tier 2
  2. GlueHead

No, the end.
  3. ironeddie

Nope. Never bother with them.
  4. Canaris

I use regen on my LA, best thing ever when you are out on your own away from the medics :D
  5. Demetrios

If implants are crutches then MAXes and vehicles must be motorized wheelchairs.
    • Up x 3
  6. squarebug

you guys are missing out. adv targeting is smart.
  7. DrPapaPenguin

Regeneration 1 on everything, enhanced targetting on MAX. And melting all the other implants I get into chargers.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bush82

nope and i hate the fact that they are auto equipped on a new character. looked at the implant screen on the day they came out and haven't bothered since. i must have hundreds stacked up by now.
  9. IberianHusky

I try to avoid using implants whenever possible, but I do use a Regen II on my Light Assault since it's pretty much required to make that class effective.
  10. RHINO_Mk.II

I'm waiting until I have one of everything and can convert all my spares to ultra chargers in the hopes that that will be enough to sustain the energy consumption. As for planned usage:
    Battle Hardened - CQB Bolt Sniper
    Sensor Shield - SMG and Stalker Infil
    Regeneration - Light Assault
    Enhanced Targeting - Driver Engineer
    Awareness - MAX
    Clear Vision - Everything else
  11. FieldMarshall

I havent bothered with Implants. They stress me out and thats just not worth it for me, as i play this game for fun.

Want to sit on a cap point? Here, have a look at your energy as you slooowly drain all of it, mouahaha!
    I currently have 99999 energy and too many chargers of both kinds, but i still dont think its "worth" it.
    • Up x 3
  12. ironeddie

I never feel i need it. And particularly if I'm playing stalker infil my spm isn't very high so I find it hard to keep myself supplied with chargers.
  13. Kunavi

After reaching 99K energy plus 150 small Chargers and 2 big ones, owning at least 1 of all Implants and having used NONE up until that point ;

*Use Implant*
    ....Not usefull once in 20'
    *Take off Implant*
    ....Perfect situation where it could have been usefull arises at least twice in 1'

So I'm sticking with NOT using them. Sod it.
    • Up x 4
  14. UGoBoy

Yeah, pretty much constantly. After you end up with a few Tier 3s, Ultra Chargers last a long time. Battle Hardened is a favorite, especially when running the Gauss SAW. Regen II, Adv. Targeting, Hold Breath II, Awareness (rarely), Safe Fall III (even more rarely).

I'm waiting for EMP Shield and Clear Vision so I can assemble a couple of "gas mask" builds to clear rooms. T3 implants are something I try to avoid running too often, as the drain is noticeable.
  15. omfgweeee

Implants are great i dont see any reason to not use them.
  16. Frostiken

No. Probably because I never have any decent ones. I stuck the Enhanced Targeting back on the one build that could possibly use it, my infiltrator. Every other build has nothing.

I have the "Rangefinder" implant and it's stupid. Why the hell would I use this thing? At 1 energy / second too?

I've also got another T3 implant that will 'spot' enemies who shoot or kill me. Yeah I'm not spending energy on an implant that only works when I'm dead.
    • Up x 1
  17. King Feraligatr

I never use Implants on PS2. (in the first PS I do, but let's keep to PS2) It must be due to the managing and power systems (speaking that I'm not a huge fan of managing resources). The constant power down is probably the biggest reason why I don't use them (the random drops and stuff aren't great, but meh, they're not the main problem). I also play PS2 casually and entirely free, so I have even less drops and power to manage the Implants.
    • Up x 2
  18. Alarox

I really don't know what SOE was hoping for with implants. It is a very contrived system for something that has a very minimal impact. There is only one slot so it isn't like you can make a "build" around multiple implants. The energy system is annoying, but not annoying in the way that makes people want to spend SC or certs. Annoying in the way that many people don't even bother.

--------------------------

What they should have done with Tiers is splitting them by how significant the effect is (safe landing vs awareness) and allowing you to equip one of each Tier. Instead, we have a system where the Tiers exist mostly to create a grind and where a few implants are clearly more powerful than the rest.

It should have been like this:

T1: Safe Landing. Rangefinder. Etc.
    T2: Marker. EOD HUD. Etc.
    T3: Regeneration. Awareness. Etc.

Minor things in T1. Moderate things in T2. Significant things in T3. You can equip one of each at a time.
    • Up x 1
  19. Trukk

I don't understand how an All Access member can have any difficulty keeping up with chargers. I am not a good player by any measure and I never come close to running out of chargers. All I use is level one healing though.
  20. DJPenguin

because I'm not a subscriber anymore.
    • Up x 1