Do people on this forum know what mine guard is?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by voldoman, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voldoman

It seems like the new thing to ***** about is AT mines, and I for one will be ****ed if the whiners win this one and they get nerfed.

See, there's this thing called MINE GUARD , and it's relatively cheap to cert into. It's not there for ****s and giggles, it's there for a purpose. To keep you from getting blown up by tank mines.

If you fail to or just stubbornly don't want to cert into it, then you best pay close attention as you're driving or risk being blown up.

If you don't want your unguarded deployed Sundy to be gibbed by an unsuspecting enemy engie, cert into it or risk having it get blown up.

It's a fairly simple concept really, why do so many have trouble grasping it?
    • Up x 11
  2. Kunotron

They only know about Whine Guard, where one cries about something enough and SOE nerfs it. Most forum posters have maxed that cert out for a long time now.
    • Up x 7
  3. FateJH

I ran into an S-AMS that had at least basic "counter 2 AT Mines" Mine Guard yesterday. I don't even care that I was shot to death because it distracted me, I was too busy crying tears of joy.
    • Up x 1
  4. Compass

My Sundy gets blown up by rockets? I cry in a corner.
    My Sundy gets blown up by Daltons and Zephers? I cry in a corner.
    My Sundy gets blown up by a tank? I cry in a corner.
    My Sundy gets blown up by mines? NERF MINES! :mad:
    • Up x 3
  5. Morpholine

I've found a manned bulldog (or two) to be a better counter to enemy engies trying shenanigans with mines.

But I rarely pull a Sunderer, in the first place.
  6. Vorxil

In other words, Blockade Armor, Nanite Auto Repair System et al will be gathering dust just like Ejection System and Fire Suppression...
    • Up x 4
  7. Compass

No, in other words, AMS needs one of two defenses. Tanks don't get the luxury of Mine Guard and front armor or side armor either, so it's not like they have it any better.
  8. Hodo

LOL I love this thread, best answer to mine nerf threads yet.

+100*100+1 from me.
  9. MaxDamage

Does the author of this post know that placing AT mines under a tank that is not moving, manually, and it then exploding, at no risk of harm to the person from said mine, or THROWING them from 30 feet in the air and some how having them activate when they land on a NON MOVING target, despite the fact that apparently the impact from throwing pressure plate mines around doesn't trigger them..... is ridiculous? When mines are fair, people will stop ********.
    • Up x 1
  10. Cougarbrit

pls it's a space mine
    • Up x 1
  11. evilduck

no
    its just about choices that matter
    or risk reward
    concepts unheard of in recent videogamehistory. shocking, i know...

the ams sunderer is the most valuable single asset in the game, if youre not protecting it properly its YOUR fault, not the fault of the gamedesign

battlebus... mineguard, machineguns
    ifv... blackadearmor, grenadelauncher
    rolling with a tank column... repair/refill module, grenadelauncher machinegun

see what i did there? its called right tool for the right job
    difficult to grasp, i know...
    • Up x 3
  12. Vangelis

Invented by the NC during Beta, taken to new heights by the TR pre-GU2, and perfected by current VS population . . .
    • Up x 2
  13. Vorxil

My point was that mineguard is becoming as mandatory as flares these days. I apologize if it didn't get across the tubes. These things happen.
    • Up x 1
  14. evilduck

look at this
    http://www.allworldwars.com/videos/Close Range Tank Fighting/1943 OKH Training Film Close Range Tank Fighting.html
    its in german, with russian voiceovers and english subtitles
    take special note of the instance the guys attack a STATIONARY tank with tellerminen, note how they THROW them

thats 1943
    i dont think this will be impossible in the future either

:)
    • Up x 1
  15. Booticus

Proximity mine....
  16. voldoman

Read the description of AT mines chief. They're supposed to be prox mines....for vehicles. If you have MINE GUARD, everything you described wouldn't blow your vehicle up. See how easy!
  17. The King

I put my certs into useful stuff. I didn't even put 1 cert into Whine Guard. They should really nerf this. Kinda OP and so many people are maxing it out.

Well, I just put 1 into Whine Guard.... I already feel OP.
  18. Selentic

Pretty much this, it is a pretty big balance problem if a specific cert is literally REQUIRED to have any chance of being viable. I have barely even touched ground vehicles since beta because ground vehicle combat is completely uninteresting when literally everyone is forced to have the exact same defensive unlock. Not to mention that new players have no chance of being viable whatsoever.

I remember they fixed tank mines so that they weren't just a way better version of c4, and actually had to be used as mine, then they reverted it almost immediately after. I guess because of all the people who immediately started crying. welp.
  19. Zapon

...I thought i heard that mine guard doesn't work if you attack with mines from different directions- at least on Jaeger, that's what i hear about complaint wise- that mineguard actually doesn't fully protect you, so you lose anyway

So yea..... really?
  20. Sharmanti

And mineguard is mandatory for the survival of sunderers.

Sweet, why not just get rid off all other certs since there's no use for them
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.