Do people on this forum know what mine guard is?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by voldoman, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nonsensei436

It should take more than one guy and more than five seconds to eliminate a deployed AMS, regardless of the equipment of that AMS.
  2. MaxDamage

Well they shouldn't be prox mines at all.
  3. voldoman

Only mandatory for deployed Sundy's that are to be left unguarded. As pointed out in post 11 there are many choices for different situations. It's still a better situation than flares being mandatory far any ESF, no matter what. Not all certs are created equal, it's just the nature of the beast.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cougarbrit

Takes a lot more than 5 seconds.
  5. DaninTexas

Deployed sundys need mineguard - period. If you can't be bothered spending 30 certs for it - don't deploy. Let a smart sundy driver deploy instead. Blockade should be in place on a gate crashing/battle bus sundy.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dethfield

Ill be honest, i dont run into mines that often, and take certain precautions to avoid being blown up by them, so i do not use mineguard, No problems so far.

However, i usually have a turret on my sundy with IR/NV, which can spot mines pretty well.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cyridius

I have max level Mineguard and I will still complain about AT Mines.

Why? Because they're forcing certing into Mineguard exclusively, rejecting everything else because of the saturation of mines. Maybe we'll reach critical mass where everybody uses Mineguard so people start using C4 instead of Mines, and then we'll see a shift away from Mineguard. But I think that it should take a minimum of 3 mines to kill a Sunderer, right now it's put a very small amount of certs for instant profit. A well placed spawn beacon = gg Sundy.

While this is starting to fade and the focus is shifting towards C4(I have it maxed on my LA by now in anticipation), there are still too many times where you get your easy kills with 2 AT Mines.

I wouldn't want to see Mines nerfed, I'd like to see Sundys buffed, or at least allow them to deploy a cloaking field so they're not so easy to locate for us suicide bombers.
  8. Sifer2

The main argument is that there are other nice things for that slot which would be fun to use if we were not required to use Mine Guard to avoid being instant gibbed. You will still take significant damage even with it. I would even be in favor of nerfing the Mines but removing Mine Guard. So that essentially it's the same thing only now you can equip other stuff. Granted with teamwork it's not an issue. Just have the MG Sundy take point in the column to sweep. It's just one of those things that is extremely annoying in all other situations where it's either use your slot on MG or expect random instant death.
  9. RadarX

As the original posters point seems to be made and this went in a little non-constructive direction (not to mention is a vehicle topic) we'll go ahead and close this up.
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.