Developer Thread: QoL Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Sep 2, 2014.

1. VikingKong

Feature: Q spot a thrown enemy grenade to make your character yell out "GRENADE!".
    Reason: Would help unaware friendlies avoid the blast. Well... it would be cool anyway.
    • Up x 1
  2. PYROxSYCO

Feature:Let the driver know the ammo count for turrents on his vehicle.
    Reason:It does not have to have the exact number just how many "possible" mags are left or even color to signify ammo is low the because, some people when the ammo runs out just jump out or the driver just does not seem to notice.
  3. zaspacer

Feature: Q-Spoting friendlies changed to trigger their name and the ally carrot.

Reason: Currently if you spot a unit of unknown faction and Q-Pot it at far ranges it will only reveal its faction if (1) it's an enemy, and (2) you are on target with the Q-Spot. This leads to confusion as to whether targets that don't display enemy faction are allies or if the Q-Spot was off target. Resulting in bad information and attemtps to respam the unit with Q-Spot.

Also:
    During a strafe run in an ESF (where ally carrots don't show up right away when tagets are placed over units), this can often mean mistaking allies for enemies and mowing them down. If Q-Spot were set to show ally info too, then it would be much easier to determine (and avoid firing upon) friendlies.

Also:
    Maybe make a sound for success (or failure) of Q-Spot (not just sound for Q-Spot lock-out). So players know when they've successfully (or unsuccessfully) Q-Spotted.
    • Up x 1
  4. STR1D3R109

Its already in the game for frag grenades, they appear as a marker.. but the other grenades that do damage should appear too (The AV grenade doesnt as why most people use it.)

This already is implemented on vehicles (not many people notice) But next to their name there is an ammo icon (Green full - Yellow half - Red empty) :eek:
    • Up x 2
  5. Kunavi

Feature :
    Quick Ejection key, with possible option to only eject people NOT in a turret position or even including the pilot- Perhaps tied to Valk AMS, Sunderer AMS, all Harassers and of course Galaxies for obvious reasons- But I'd put it on EVERYTHING because it makes so much sense, at least to me.

Reason :
    There is no visual cue, no sound, no HUD element, no way of them knowing that they can safely drop and there is no way for them to know where exactly or when I want them to drop. There is no time to explain usually, and there are no bay lights to let them know they need to drop NOW and that would be too complex in fact(But still fun). Plus, most people can't exactly decide when they should drop nor why(And are more clueless once they get there but that's not something we can fix with a macro). It will also reduce Deaths by them obliviously staying in while it's obvious we'll crash in the next 5".
  6. Kunavi

Feature :
    Map Indicator visible only to vehicle crew, placed by the driver or pilot so the crew know where I intend to go if we're not communicating.

Reason :
    It will clear up logistics, warn passengers and let people make educated choices as to which of those 10 Gals at the WG they should board, if they are not part of that Squad or Platoon and just want a ride.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kunavi

Feature :
    Seat switch delay.

Reason :
    Were all vehicles supposed to be fully manned by just 1 person? Plus it would just be a delay to stop spam on certain vehicles that benefit way too much from it, rest of their weapons considered. What's more this would promote finding a crew, which promotes actually playing with other people - The reason MMOs exist primarily, as far as the average player is concerned. The more the merrier, goes the saying after all.
  8. Villanuk

Feature.

A thermal scope on sniper rifles ( infiltrators only )

Reason.

It seems a logical step as they are used these days and this game is about the future and they are on Vehicle's already. Also it would be cool to have something new to play around with as a Infiltrator.
    • Up x 1
  9. Huishe

Bug: deployment works unreliably after bug with teleporting sundies/prowlers got "fixed".

Reason: my blood boils every time i spam BBBBBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbb on my prowler only to deploy when i should be undeploying and moving away.
  10. Kunavi

Feature : Spherical Medic Shield Regen field

Reason : It's a dome going through roofs, make it a bubble going through floors or down stairs please. If the effect benefits players in a round field, then make the visuals match that. It's not fun if I have to place the bubble always at the lowest possible step on stairs, and people one floor above benefit from it, so allow those one floor below potentially benefit as well! On top of that, the bubble already gives away Medics behind walls and from one floor above, why not make it fair and square(Spherical in this case ;P) and let it be a give away from the floor below as well.
  11. Kunavi

Feature : Since Recon darts and Motion Scanners of any kind(Like Proxi Radar) already detect below and above their level it would make sense at least grey out detected targets a bit so that the rest of the players know they are on a different floor or level than that of the actual detector, regardless of what it is. On top of that, I'd definitely limit the height and depth at which these things function, it's a bit ridiculous and defeats the purpose of multiple detection devices in one area.

Reason : I think I described this perfectly above.
  12. Kunavi

Feature : EMP Grenades turning EVERYTHING off or disabling EVERYTHING if they are already active, then putting a X" timer until affected targets can use their equipment properly again. Consider EMP Grenades momentarily disabling equipment similar to that, found on Vehicles, such as the VG's shield or the Deploy Shield of the Sunderer, or even the Ammo Supply capability of a Sunderer.

Reason : It's an EMP Grenade but right now for no reason there are clear and definite distinctions which at least to me, don't appear to be intentional- If they are, I definitely disagree on this but in that case just ignore this. Plus it's more of a "Bug" I guess? Or a request?
  13. BetAstraal

Feature: update minimap base levels as we go higher or lower, show the correct plan for the current floor

Reason: easier navigation inside multi-level bases; some bases like bio-labs and towers (among many others, ofc) get confusing if you're following the minimap and it's on multiple levels - it basically shows the top like from a satellite - the majority of bases are already designed in a multi-180-degree-walking-lines fashion which is... quite weird (+ spawning works that way too, most of the time you get spawned with the back at the fight)

PS: staircases and lifts could also be marked
  14. MonnyMoony

I have just logged in to post exactly that. Either that or always display all friendly names/doritos so you don't need to Q-spot them.
    • Up x 1
  15. VikingKong

Huh. Never knew that. Thanks. I'll be sure to try that out next time I'm playing.
  16. zaspacer

Or at least make the dorito show up right when you move your crosshair over them. Delayed appearing dorito are a distaster, especially for certain types of quick aim and shoot attacks.
  17. Zotamedu

Feature: MAKE THE FREAKING AI MINES RENDER!

Reason: It's extremely annoying to get killed by something that you have no way of avoiding. It's super frustrating having a bouncing betty pop up out of thin air in front of you when you made sure to look for mines. It's super cheesy and beyond frustrating.
  18. BetAstraal

Feature: let us choose the level of the airframe we want to use on aircrafts, similar to vehicle scopes

Reason: A clear example is the close range guns, the Reaver AH especially (referring to dogfighting primarily, but accelerating quickly can also apply to escaping from whatever). You want to stay close to your target in order to hit and deal the intended damage. However the powerful vertical thrust combined with afterburners will say 'NO YOU DON'T!' to forward thrust (the forever existing input bug for any air vehicles with afterburners available). Just recently i started playing NC because i wanted to do runs with the airhammer, so i started upgrading. When i got lvl 2 hover, it was amazing. Harder to land, maintain hover and generally fly low, but i could run at stuff easier or away from it and manage a very good control (outright insane actually). Then i got lvl 3 today, thinking i might do even better. It got worse, i regret ever spending 400 certs for something fully ireversible. The afterburning + vertical thrusting (even just for a split second) will launch me in full vertical afterburning mode, completely refusing to move forward. Even if i stop afterburning and vertical thrust it takes for ever to even nudge forward. So to not ask for a cert refund, please let all of us choose the airframe level. Thank you.
  19. BetAstraal

Feature: have a button we can tick on the implant screen to automatically charge the energy if we hit 'charge' or 'do not display this again' on the accept / decline window (basically i don't want this to appear again)

Reason: reducing time / annoyances

Question: does 'charge automatically' recharge energy at 0 energy left or when the available chargers would not trespass 99.999?
    • Up x 1
  20. BetAstraal

Feature: minimap transparency (levels by player choice), ability to also choose items / icons in the minimap that should stay opaque, like player / vehicle / control point etc. icons

Reason: pressing 'H' to enlarge the minimap takes a good portion of the screen, it would be a bonus if the minimap still showed us our surroundings, but we can see that tank / ESF / MAX etc shooting at us through it

Suggestion: if it doesn't already have it, give it a slightly visible frame in case we decide to go 100% transparent and display only icons on it