Developer Thread: Auto-Turrets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Verviedi

I assume they are 1,000 certs to make them inaccessible for new players?
  2. libbmaster

I'd like to see the actual turret part made 50% smaller (to bring it in-line with the legs and make it less vulnerable).

Maybe even remove the need to resupply, so it works like a normal turret and you can just place another one.

Even with these buffs the spitfire would still be really balanced. Great work guys!
    • Up x 1
  3. TheKhopesh

The phoenix is not effective in biolabs.
    Biolabs aren't large enough for you to control the shot well.
    The general rule of thumb is that if an ESF constantly going at the max speed of a flash can't fly comfortably at that location, neither can the Phoenix.
  4. z1967

Knowing how lockdown on top of galaxies work I could see this instead just leaving a bunch of floating turrets laying around. Also, you would need to hug the ground around 30m or so to get the guns to fire on a decent area of targets.
  5. ColonelChingles

Fire Hedgehog!

[IMG]
  6. z1967

Tanks with wings and now this? did russia have a mid life crisis or something in the 20th century. Like, why would this ever be considered as a good idea even worth attempting?
  7. WTSherman

Are those... conscripts suspended from a roller-coaster harness? o_O
  8. CNR4806

Will the thing keep shooting friendly troops like an idiot, and whenever they do, will that add grief points to you (the player who deployed it)?
  9. RadarX

They will cost the same as a normal weapon yes.
  10. STR1D3R109

Any Ghost style implants in the work for it? (Implant where they wont detect you?)

I think it would a pretty neat implant xD
  11. J_LO

If anyone hasn't seen already
    • Up x 2
  12. Elrobochanco

Will they be unlocked for all factions with SC, or do their colored lights make them empire specific the way tank kobalts work?
    • Up x 2
  13. AlterEgo

I want a good fight...
    Not a simulator. Although, I must admit, PS2 auto turrets are weak. Engineers should have infinite numbers of them, and they should be able to place two at the same time. Those things have horrible kill potential.
  14. AlterEgo

What I would do for VS SHIV...
    XCOM may have defeated our brethren, but boy, they sure had some nice toys!
  15. z1967

Reliable, features bullets, has chainguns. Seems TR enough for me :).
  16. axiom537

What about an AV version for HA, that would replace their rocket launcher?
  17. FieldMarshall

Would be nice if a (maxed?) Utility Pouch gave you 2 turrets before having to resupply.
    You would still only be able to place one at a time.
  18. Wayfar

Do these count as "vehicles"? Will repair sundies repair them?
  19. doombro

PS2 is not a game that easily facilitates good fights. PS1 can at least do that much.
  20. Jerox

But don't we already have motion spotters, sensor darts and landmines along with tower turrets as a first line of defense?
    Aside from that how valuable is the addition of a turret used for first line of defense when there's often either no time to set up such a defense because zergs/tactical platoons or when there's just no defense needed at all as the attacking force decided to redeploy to another fight?