Developer Thread: Auto-Turrets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Bixli

..ladies & gents , this turret isn't that bad .. i got 7 kills out of 1153 till yet!
    • Up x 1
  2. ezaroo

Now I don't have sensor shield 2 yet so maybe it does this but if not, sensor shield needs to make you invisible to these things. They are by no means op or anything else but you can not be sneaky within a 50 m radius of them. Yes you can kill them quickly but by that point the damage is done. So many fantastic spots in this game have been made no go zones by these and there is no way to counter them without shouting "i'm actually in this tree with my tsar not 150 m away on a hill"
  3. Alizona

May I ask - previously, before these turrets, what was the counter to you being in a tree with your tsar and appearing to be 150 m away on a hill? Was there a counter at all? Because there should be a counter to everything. Seems like you didn't have one, which obviously made you a happy camper, but now that you do have a counter you're all upset about it. That's how your words read, to me, anyways. My reaction is "deal with it". Find a counter to the counter.
    • Up x 2
  4. ezaroo

Of course there was a counter, the same as with any sniper, tracers, your eyes, vehicles with thermals? Plenty really. Now I admit that only used to work because so many people have 0 situational awareness but because lots of people have 0 situational awareness that doesn't mean they should be sold it for 700 sc or 1000 certs does it? Shall we sell them auto aiming guns as well?

Right now lots of people just watch these turrets and see if they shoot something.

And on counters, yes that is what I suggested sensor shield do, well done.

Right now there is shoot it. You can emp then shoot it. But then you can kill 4 at max, or if you just go for shoot them, it takes 3 hits for a sniper rifle to kill them, which is more than enough time for them to lock on to you, you can cloak between the shots but your cloak doesn't last long enough for it to spin back off you and if it is aiming at you it locks and fires a lot faster than what they normally appear to do.

And if there are two turrets within 50 m of you? Forget it you can not stay there.

All they do is grant situstional awareness to people who don't have it.

And makes sensor shield stop these things shooting you in situations where you wouldn't show on the mini map seems s fair compromise really doesn't it? The person using sensor shield has to use something they normally wouldn't to stay hidden and even then all the old counters would still work.
  5. Goretzu

If someone is sat in a good position (like a tree) you won't see them ("situational awareness" is a canard in this context). You'll only likely see them IF you see them shooting someone.

The Spitfire Turret is a counter to that...... but only within 50m.

That's life, be happy you got away with it for so long.
    • Up x 1
  6. ezaroo

Ok fair, in the exact situation I'm mentioning it is going far beyond situational awareness it is actually a legal esp hack...

To any flanking attempt though it is buying situstional awareness, you can place mines and a turret around a corner behind you and you don't need to check it unless you hear a bang or beep...
  7. skruffy

to be blunt i dont even have them but the spit fires suck they need at least some kindo of buffing
    • Up x 2
  8. iller

I'm not an engineer player, I play infiltrator, and IMHO, it needs a 40% damage buff and a 66% HP buff...
    • Up x 2
  9. MikeyGeeMan

You should add cert unlocks to the turrets.

Is
    Flashlight to spot and shoot infiltrators
    Longer range.
    High velocity ammo
    Shields

So you can choose what kind of turret to get.

But to be honest, nothing else needs to be done.
    Maybe make it only kills me with explosives....but I think they have been fine.

Good job guys on a winner out of the gate
    • Up x 3
  10. Tiggah

Unless it gets a buff its the worse thing I have ever bought. You could even make it okish if it just respawned after use or ability to repack. Honestly though I'm better off with a mana turret.
    • Up x 2