Deconstructing Exploit

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bloodravage, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Idiom

This is NOT an exploit. Stop calling it that. You dislike the mechanic? Fine most of us do. But the mechanic is in the game, it's like saying using shotguns is "cheating" well they are in the game. Same ****. Now you dislike the mechanic and want it changed, fine by me, lets change it, but don't try to brand it the same as that cloaking lib stuff.
    • Up x 1
  2. Delain81

Yea, i totally agree with Idiom's statement. I really don't like that thing, wouldn't even think about using it to avoid givin' my opponent his deserved XP. If he is better than me, or got me by surprise, or whatever, then he deserved these points. Using my decontruct just to not give them to him is just an extremly weak move that shows you're a real dick. Nothing more, nothing less.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hecket

Working as intended.
  4. iccle

Easy to fix, disallow deconstruct or /suicide until it has been at least 15 seconds since you last received damage.
  5. Khangor

I ran into this problem this morning. A Reaver harrassed my comrades so I jumped into my trusted Mosquito to hunt him down. The first time he headed directly for the ground to crash -> ~100 XP with +50% xp from Premium for assisting in Kills and the second time he deconstructed mid-air and I got nothing at all. Although I don't like not getting points, it kind of satisfies me to drive someone to give up instead of figthing me (especially since I'm not actually that good :D)
    When I know I'm going down I try to fire everything I can in my remaining seconds to die a worthy virtual death. I want points for my kills, and my enemies shall get them as well.
  6. Arcalyn

Deconstructing should be used if its in the game and available! ( period )

I am also casting a vote to have it delayed ... so we can get experience from destroying the vehicle.

If you can deny an nme experience then do so ... else why heal yourself? Why run? Why dodge/strafe?

Remove the ability to deconstruct quickly ... problem solved.

But don't sit there and advise people to give you more experience points.
  7. Kociboss

It's not an exploit it's a feature ;]
  8. Nate1

To The OP:
    Deconstructing a vehicle just before someone destroys it doesn't seem like something that would have been intended, however as many people have stated, it is not an exploit. It is more of an annoying tactic that is unfortunately allowed, and its never been acknowledged that this is unintended, therefore one can only assume that it is working as intended.

My Two Cents:
    Just for the sake of discussion, isn't this similar to typing /suicide to deny someone a kill when you know you're going to die?

The only solution I could think of is to take the /suicide command away, and not only extend the time it takes to deconstruct a vehicle, but disallow deconstruction under certain circumstances [damage, in combat, etc]
  9. Vasya

The last people to hit the vehicle within 20secs of it being deconstructed should grab 100xp
    • Up x 1
  10. Skaldir

Main problem is that the game is too xp centric,unfortunately; far too many games are becoming like that nowadays. I do understand why some people consider this to be an exploit, but remove the xp/reward part and this is just another form of victory : it is one less ennemy flyer; tank or whatever vehicle you want that will not hinder your faction for a few minutes.

Despites being often in an esf, i've actually never encountered any target who decon'ed their esf. But a lot of them pilots did bail when their crafts were about to blow. I don't mind suicide, i am perfectly fine with that, but before reading this thread i didn't even know there was a command to do it instantly. I don't really see the point of it, aside from making it macrouser friendly. There is already the redeploying option for intantry who is really fine as it is.

I agree that the decon timer should be stopped if the vehicle is under attack, and shall only be reseted if that vehicle has not been attacked for a few seconds. However, i am not too sure about the damage part, for example, shooting a mbt with a carbine or a rifle, it is an attack which deals no damage at all; should the decon timer be interrupted or not ?

Just don't expand the basic decontruction timer above 10 seconds; it would ruin the wraith use when going into ennemy bases.