Deconstructing Exploit

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bloodravage, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Bloodravage

Im sure other people have ran into this but ive felt the need to post on it hoping that it will be fixed asap. The issue im having is there have been a lot of people lately who are in vehicles, and when they know they are going to die they simply deconstruct their vehicle(which currently only takes 2 seconds to do) and no one gets any credit for killing it even though it would technically have been destroyed. Please either increase decontruct time to 10 seconds so people cant do this or at least make it so that you cant deconstruct a vehicle while its under fire. thanks.
    • Up x 7
  2. Dubious

How is this an exploit?
    • Up x 3
  3. Deathcapt

It's abusing a tool for something it's not meant for.

People are doing this a LOT in ESFs as soon as they're red, they bail out and deconstruct, and you actually get 0 points for killing one.
  4. Freyar

I'm not a fan of this use of deconstruction. It should take longer, but provide a reason for manually deconstructing as well.
  5. Inogine

It's basically the same as the suicide/bail that flyers are using now. They haven't addressed that either.
    • Up x 2
  6. Jaggedmallard26

What do you mean by deconstructing? Is it possible to hit a button and it suddenly stops existing or do you mean crashing into a mountain?
  7. Freyar

Page down, deconstruct.
  8. Reizod

Give me a legit reason why the option is even there?

I'm sure it wasn't meant to be exploited and used by players losing a dogfight just so their attacker can't get the desruction points. It's bad enough they bailed out the aircraft to deny the kill, but to even deny points even when they lost the fight. Lame punk move and a big sore loser!
    • Up x 3
  9. Sliced

If you have a vehicle and press Page Down then you get your vehicle options. You can then click deconstruct.
    It takes roughly 1-2 seconds to deconstruct it.
    Personally, I do it all the time. No way am I going to give them the points. I also do it if I know I'm near another terminal if I'm capping something, as I can just spawn another one instantly.
  10. Fifty6k

Wow thats a dick move..

...I like it.
    • Up x 2
  11. Rogueghost

Pathic, a real man would do a suicide run when under heavy fire.
    If you quick enough you can rush to an enemy sunderer and kill quite a bit of infantry in your last moments.
  12. TeknoBug

I remember something about this back in PS1 beta, it was a long timer to deconstruct in PS1.
  13. ed_anger

it takes more then a few seconds to deconstruct a vehicle, though it seems to depend on server load. i don't see it abused very often, if you're about to die you will usuallly die before the deconstruct happens. imho it should be a set time like 5 seconds, which isn't very abusable with the low TTKs in this game.
  14. Mansen

M'yeah it is a bit exploitative not to force a timed cooldown similarly to the repair nanites to deconstruction. If your vehicle gets shot, it won't be deconned for some seconds. Still allows plenty of room for getting rid of it in non-combat scenarios.
  15. Talizzar

To decom a vehicle it should be at 100 percent health. End of story.

Why do people have to be such derps when it comes to gaming?

Instead of playing right, so many play for the exploit.
  16. husse

well they just have to made that only 100% health cars can be deconstructed :))
  17. giaspin

I don't see the issue here, just shoot the pilot and be done with it. It's not like there's not enough stuff to destroy for full points. Also increasing the deconstruction timer would mean people would freeze up longer, personally I wouldn't like it.
  18. Freyar

People should have a 10 seconds deconstruct timer, canceled on damage.
    • Up x 2
  19. Cristari

Can we also get something done about the people that camp the Sunderers instead of trying to blow them up as this is also exploiting a game mechanic?
  20. Talizzar

How is that an exploit. Use the comms and say hey don't spawn at X.
    • Up x 5