Deconstructing Exploit

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bloodravage, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Kitsune94

Lol bandwagon-ing at its finest.
  2. Wariamu

I would simply make it so that vehicles can be deconstructed a minute or so after the last time damage has been dealt by an enemy. Problem solved.
  3. xpsyclosarinx

Yup,

I've started doing this.

I'm a bad person, but after years of DotA and LoL not feeding is kind of built in to my playstyle. Sorry.... :(
    • Up x 1
  4. ziegler

5 second deconstuct. Reset timer on damage.

No to 100 % health....if I happen to be anything but a engi, and I want to deconstruct, but have take a little damage, I have to go find a engi to come over repair it and then I deconstruct it? ....nope...I might consider more than 25% health. but not 100% at all.
    • Up x 1
  5. donpost

A simple fix would be to not allow deconstruction if your vehicle has been damaged in the last X seconds.
  6. maxkeiser

Don't see how this is an exploit at all. If someone has time to get out of their vehicle, hit 'page down' and select deconstruct then they should be allowed to do that.

Nothing wrong with it at all.
  7. Ravvan

It's being done mid-air.
  8. Wibin

I got a good one for you all.

Riddle me this.

I have a sundy hidden in the mountains or somewhere on the base and I'm nowhere near it and nobody is there to repair it.
    It's being attacked and nobody is there to defend and I'm nowhere near to save it.

So I smartly use the deconstruct feature because I'm paying attention.

Why should you get points because I made the smarter play?

However, yes, it really sucks when people deconstruct and you loose the kill.
    The thing is, it doesn't happen that often.

If you have it happening to you every time, your lieing or you simply just suck at the game.
  9. Wibin

So?
    Your point?

He made the smarter play, you didn't kill him quick enough.
    Game over man.
    • Up x 1
  10. Deathcapt

This is exactly the same as binding a macro to /suicide if you know you're in a bad place, you can /suicide to avoid giving the enemy a kill.

It breaks some of the mechanics in the game, and generally lowers the experience of people involved in the game.
    • Up x 1
  11. SGT Ace

I see you are pilot (scythe in avatar) so you probably don't drive sundy a lot.

Well I do, and I got stuck a lot (I'm usually mountain driver). There are some places that it will just stuck and lock your way to defend/run while OP rocket pods are shooting at you.

... anyway, I think it should be nerfed. Like 10-15 seconds to deconstruct, not 2. Same, bailing out or crashing should give last shooter kill.
  12. Deathcapt

Deconstructing should just explode the vehicle, and give whoever delt the most dmg the kill, same with /suicide.
  13. Shralla

This is literally the ONLY REASON for deconstruction to be in the game. You're complaining about players using it for the ONLY PURPOSE you can possibly find for it. It offers no benefit in any other way, unless somebody else can educate me as to its other uses?
    • Up x 1
  14. Metalsand

Why do we even have a hotkey for this? There is literally no benefit to deconstructing your tanks, other than the deprive your enemy of the assist/kill.
  15. ziegler

The legit reason is that it starts the reuse timer. We roll into a Bio Lab, no use for armor there, I am supposed to leave it down below til someone shows up to kill it?
    Also....more assets = more lag. Deconstructing vehicles not in use helps to cut down on server load.
    • Up x 1
  16. Nintyuk

It's also kinda hard to blow them up if your any class other than a max or a heavy. A engineers turret doesn't even damage sundys and grenades do nothing. Unless you give up your ammo pack and cert out c4 all you can do if you discover a enemy sundy is damage control before help arrives.

As to the topic at hand if its a issue the deconstruction mechanic could be changed to one were the player has to hold a button similar to overloads on generators. It would still be done through the menu but you would be static an vulnerable while doing it. Plus it would be interruptible and hard to do it accidentally. Also manual deconstruction should take a chunk out of the cool-down for spawning another.
  17. ItchySox

De-constructing your vehicle shortens the timer, if you've been out of spawn 30secs and get lashed it's the best option.

Doh, the one time I don't read the whole thread. :p
  18. Skadi

The timer starts when you buy it, not when it dies...
  19. buckthesystem

Oh please. You're telling me there are people running around constantly suiciding to prevent you getting a kill? Sounds like BS to me.
  20. Leer

So your point is... No points when you tuck tail during a beat down. All just because you can't prevent someone from owning you in the first place? That is weak. Sack-up and plan better.