Darker Night is in trouble

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Xasapis

Would you equip it though? Infiltrator cloak shimmer is totally invisible through the night vision scopes.
  2. Cinnamon

If it was very effective I would expect it to show cloaks at least as well as regular daytime vision.
  3. EmmettLBrown

I'd like to see darker nights and white phosphorous shells that light up area/burn infantry. They'd probably have to be high resource items though.
  4. VanuSovereignty

Give me nights so dark where I must have my person who goes into a room first to use a flashlight, and I'll be happy. Also, I wouldn't mind some infantry luifiber for myself.
  5. Ned

We need those darker nights, don't listen to the whiners, bring back darker night!
    • Up x 1
  6. Torok

I'm ok with darker nights only if we get Better flashlights, otherwise it can all stay as it is right now.
  7. Camycamera

left a message on that tweet....

the ones who are hating are certainly the minority.
  8. AJay

BRING BACK THE NIGHT \m/,
    • Up x 2
  9. NinjaTurtle

I want darker nights however VS camo needs nerfing otherwise they will get a direct buff from this change.

They need a glowing purple trim on their classes.... the NC have enough yellow on theirs for crying out loud
    • Up x 3
  10. Goretzu

A few things.

1. It needs to be sorted so that night doesn't give VS such a significant/ridiculous advantage over TR/NC (and this is now, not with darker nights).

2. It needs to be sorted so people can't just play with gamma to negate it (an old trick, and one SOE should know well about from EQ1).
    • Up x 1
  11. Richardblabla

OK I came all the way to the forums and logged in to say this: Dark nights were absolutely awesome, and I'm gutted that they were removed, along with cool weather effects like sandstorms.

It all added to this game's immersion and "badassery" so much that it persuaded me to buy a new computer just to experience this game fully, only to realise that it doesnt seem nearly as cool anyway now that I've got said PC.

It actually added a gameplay element where I was always aware of how soon night was coming, and how it would effect things. Now I literally dont even notice the "night-time", it might as well just not be there.

I don't care if others turn their gamma/brightness up, I'll just be really high creeping around with a flashlight. On ultra graphics.

I've almost put 1000 hours into this game now, I love it. This would make it so much better. I wouldnt object to VS getting some kind of bright stripes/lights in our armor just to accomodate the darkness.

So yeah, I want these nights dark as **** please
  12. Goretzu

You wouldn't if you can't turn it off.
  13. Jachim

Sorry, fellas. Darker nights will only make for more exploiting ie: lowering lighting settings and increasing brightness/gamma. Your 'dark' nights will be just as bright for those who want to exploit it.

It's gotta go, man.
    • Up x 1
  14. Goretzu

This would almost certainly have to happen, along with % camo cover finally being properly sorted, however a lot of the purple would have to be made teal, because the PS2 purple is basically black at night, unlike the old PS1 purple.

The problem is so many will do it, and have a massive advantage.

EQ1 was great with their orginal dark nights (almost pitch back for human characters - scary as anything when you ran into a L2 wolf pup never mind a L5 skeleton from no where!), but a lot of people just gamma messed (instead of carrying a light source) and in the end they lightened the nights there too.
  15. whitupiggu

We need darker nights. VS are still too easy to see at night.
  16. MasonSTL

Keep the nights that are currently in Test
  17. Ash87

No, because the projectiles will be that much more visible... at least the AV Turret will be. Just make the Lock on missiles as bright as that one, and it wont be an issue.
  18. Ash87

This was covered on page 1, they told people to express their responses on the forums.
  19. gzero

THERE IS NO POINT OF A DAY/NIGHT CYCLE IF IT DOES NOT CHANGE GAMEPLAY OR TACTICS, MAKE THE TEST SERVER NIGHT EVEN DARKER THAN IT IS.
    • Up x 1
  20. Izriul

Hell yes I want dark nights back. I looooove playing DayZ at night, it adds so much suspence IMO.

Add flood lights to base's, 1 man operated. Fairly large range.

Add NVG's (250 certs / 500 SC)

Allow the Galaxy to have huge great lights on it's belly, operated from seat 6-12. Give's the galaxy a sort of hunter-killer role.

Add different variants of flash lights - Red, Green, White etc. Red harder to be seen with but give's of less light for example.

Add flares, being able to toggle between them or grenades. 25 inf points each. Lasts 2 mins.

Add a new suit slot so it's not just nanoweave nanoweave all day long. Lowers heat signature (not completely but also range dependent lowering the distance of thermal/NV (which can be increased in distance to compensate)

Add spot lights to base's, coloured for the faction's so you can see rave parties going on from miles away, also able to spot ESF's

Hell, let's go over the top and add base turrets, where the base's controlled flood lights also has a laser pointer and if you manage to "lock on" to someone with the light for a set amount of time (5-6 seconds) the base turret's shoot at them (Break the "lock" and it resets, and not lock on like lock on missiles, just so the turret snaps to the trajectory, spins up and fires)

Blinking lights added to air so their not completely stealthed at night.
    • Up x 1