Darker Night is in trouble

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Oct 30, 2013.

1. SeanFree

I'm not very impressed by Malorn's response when the majority of people seem to support dark nights...the community is giving great advice on how to not screw this up (on the official forums) and yet he's being a complete smart *** about the whole situation. Devs are doing a great job with optimizing but ffs they need to listen to the community more.

Plus I can't imagine actually using a flashlight for anything...could you imagine if they actually had a use :O
  2. ForeFront0fFear

Why is it that nothing ever cool, fun or unique makes it into a video game?

Everyone is always trying to copy the other guy and never tries something new because, god forbid some people might not like it. You know that's great an' all but, you're ignoring the majority of players who actually will enjoy it and are in fact, calling for it.

There is no night and day in this game! There's yellowish day and bluish day (with washed out tracers).

I mean come on SOE get your heads out of your *****! Your community is asking for darker nights, and you choose to ignore them because it would actually take effort to implement. Because its easier for you to turn your head the other way!

But, but, we can't have darker nights because COD, and Battlefield don't have dark nights, our players aren't used to that, people might cheat, we wouldn't want to offend anyone,...

By all means keep doing EXACTLY what you're doing and wonder why your "innovative" FPS is losing players!

LOOK AT US WE'RE LIKE EVERY OTHER FPS OUT THERE ONLY WITH MORE PEOPLE!!!!

COME PLAY OUR GAME IT'LL BE EXCITING AND DIFFERENT... BUT NOT REALLY.
    • Up x 1
  3. BRG7780

242 posts on a computer game's forums isn't indicative of a majority opinion within the playerbase. We have 10,000 players logging in each night on PS2? Something like that.

The vast majority of players simply never bother visiting the forums, much less post an opinion.

The feedback from the test forums is apparently negative towards the idea. Count me with that group. I don't like the darker nights. It adds nothing to the gameplay.
  4. Teod

This is fallacy. Forums, while numerically provide only minority's opinion, don't filter players by any parameters (aside from language) and thus are indicative of the playerbase.
    So, first you say that forum feedback is not important, and then that it is? And you are also wrong: while there is some negativity, feedback is mostly positive and constructive.
    I played with dark nights back in beta. It actually changed stuff around pretty interestingly. My favourite difference is: you can be almost invisible even without cover, but only as long as you don't shoot. And when you start shooting - it becomes almost impossible to hide, even if you have cover. And there were also some other nuances, like healing and repairing being far more dangerous, because of illumination, and sometimes you would rather stay damaged. That was an interesting choice to make.