[BUG] D-Pad bug this time with Engy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jul 9, 2016.

1. FriendlyPS4

I did not go looking for this bug, it just happened again this time with Engy class.

Video proof of a pay option pre-selected entering death screen:

Now for those unfamiliar with PS4, in the second video is how it looks like when you are selecting an option yourself. You see movement of the rectangle boxes being highlighted.

In the second video you see bounty as the only pay option available, because I just spawned into the game.

Now if I was to have spawned in as Engy, see the base under attack and I use D-Pad to drop a turret or drop av/ai mines then die in the process. There is a risk that the bounty option would be selected for me at deathscreen.
  2. JKomm

Okay... this is getting out of hand. This is now your FOURTH thread on this topic, which has been disproved time and time again by every single person of both platforms. This is not a bug, this is not a scam, this is YOUR fault.

Every time the community gives a logical appeal to your "problem" you go off and make a new thread without ever regarding their message, you have a complete lack of knowledge and remain ignorant by choice. Stop making threads like this.
  3. FriendlyPS4

DBG just acknowledged D-Pad Pay as a potential bug.

See here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...knowledges-d-pad-pay-as-potential-bug.241788/
  4. JKomm

You know why they are acknowledging it? Because you are threatening their integrity by calling it a scam, they are forced to look into it to see if there is any validity to your claim, which as you can see on your new thread, I've already shut down that claim. Console players have tested your "bug" thoroughly and the results were inconclusive, meaning you either lied, or faked the output. This is, once again, not a bug, it is user error. When you die, let go of your controller, stop hitting buttons, and I guarantee you, you will no longer "accidentally" pay for a bounty ever again.
  5. FriendlyPS4

DBG having integrity lol. They acknowledged it after I emailed a video of the D-pad pay bug.
  6. Exitus Acta Probat

I liked it better when you uninstalled.
    • Up x 3
  7. FateJH

Can you replicate this bug with a different controller than the one you normally use or, preferrably, on someone else's PS4?
  8. Pat22

Care to let your videos play until your spawn timer is over? Like give it a good 5 more seconds at the end.
  9. Insignus

I'm an uninvolved PC player, but I stumbled upon this thread by accident, and did some research on the previous threads, because giggles.

I think that would definitely be a valid test to see.I'm no expert on electronics, but scientifically speaking, the argument of "It worked on my controller, all PS4 controllers are the same, ergo it must affect all PS4 players" is not a generalizeable conclusion without a independent test, as it does not rule out individual hardware faults such as a faulty circuit path in the authors controller.

As other users claim to have tested this using their hardware with no valid return, and with no evidence of malfeasance or misconduct on their part, and taken with the repeated postings iterating a generalized claim without specific refutation of contravening hypotheses, I'm going to call this one as not only unsubstantiated, but debunked, as it fails the repeat-ability test.

Specifically: The experimental conditions defined by the author do not appear to produce the hypothesized results under various and often generous test conditions, and the only thing that appears to be changing is that the author's standard of proof for the claim seems to be widening with each thread.

Summation: Please stop arguing about this, and move on to other more constructive topics, if you all would please.

Furthermore, the considerate yet form-letter response of a developer to a persistent end-user complaint is not a validation of the complaint, merely an acknowledgement that the specifications of the complaint have been received.

Please refrain from reaching this erroneous conclusion in the future and persisting in unsubstantiated claims, as it does tie up developer resources, and makes one appear willfully ignorant due to confirmation bias, which reduces the credibility of future issues that you post in these venues. It also causes unwarranted panic and bad faith, which can be faithfully generated by plenty of other constructive and legitimate topics.

If you feel this thread response has been generated in error, please contact [Player_1] for assistance. Thank you, have a nice day!

Please standby for perfunctory delivery of awesomeness:
    • Up x 2
  10. Valthis78

Stop smashing X like a moron and your problem is solved.
  11. FieldMarshall

You already have several threads on the same subject that you could have posted this in.

Reported for spam.
  12. FeralBoy

Hidden video camera secretly recorded what really happened-
  13. DrakeFang

I have spent weeks in PS2 on PS4, and I have never once had this "bug." If it really existed then I would have seen it by now. I also asked two of my friends who have also been playing since launch. They both said it never happened to them either.

He's pulling this out of his ***, whether he knows it or not.

Friendly, uninstall the game and go back to CoD. That's the only community where critical thinking is not only optional, but discouraged. You'd fit in wonderfully.
  14. Sh4n4yn4y

OH and 1v1 callouts are an actual thing.
  15. DrakeFang

You've been disproven not only by my experience, but by Raevyn's testing (big thanks for taking the time to do that Sinful). You have no ground to stand on and no argument to make. Now either admit that you were wrong, as any sensible adult would, or be regarded as the immature child you are behaving like.
  16. DrakeFang

Yes, yes they are. XD