[BUG] DBG acknowledges D-Pad pay as potential bug

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jul 9, 2016.

1. FriendlyPS4

After I forwarded the Heavy class video of the D-Pad pay bug I got this reply:

Greetings,

I will certainly forward your report to the correct people internally so that this potential bug can be looked into further.

If the issue persists, then the best course of action would be to submit your report on the Community Issue Tracker: https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

My reply:

The issue did persist I came across the D-Pad bug in Engy class as well. I have video and posted it on forum. So the bug is effecting Heavy and Engineer class, and imho D-Pad is the trigger of the bug.

Who knows if this bug is ever fixed, especially since (once paid) imho the bounty screen animation makes it looks like you unlocked an achievement.

That, and the fact that it only takes a little bit of BC each "accident". Makes me think that kids on PS4 who bump into the D-Pad pay bug and trigger it may think yay I won something, and not even notice BC missing. Leaving the only one left out of pocket, the parents.
  2. JKomm

And now your fifth thread on the topic, only regarding it as a "potential bug" one that has yet only affected you and once again, been disproved as a bug as other console players have tested this thoroughly and found no similar results as to what you have described.
  3. Sinful Raevyn

lol Standard "Could be a bug. We'll pass it on just in case.' auto-reply.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. FriendlyPS4

Im using a PS4, the same hardware all PS2 players on PS4 have. That means the D-Pad Pay bug effects all PS2 users on PS4.

Unlike PC players who each use different hardware and may have macros and shortcuts for their keyboard/mouse; which may trigger something unique to that PC player. No such case with PS4 users. We all play with the same hardware. So what effects one, effects all.
  5. JKomm

Re-read my statement where I said, "other console players have tested this thoroughly"... I understand PC and PS4 are different, and I'm pretty sure other console gamers do as well, but only you have ever run into this problem and there have been no successful attempts in recreating this "bug".
  6. FriendlyPS4

You are relying on "other console players" word for, what? I am posting VIDEO PROOF. Anyone can say anything, video says it all.

DBG did not take my word for anything when I first complained. They were like oops pay up! Then when I emailed them a video of the bug then and only then did they reply back with a change of story and called it a potential bug.
  7. JKomm

Your "proof" involves you smashing buttons after death, video evidence can be very easily misleading. Your only claim is that "all console gamers mash buttons to get into the game faster", yes they mash the X button, not the D-Pad, if you are hitting the D-Pad after death, then that is your own fault... your claim never even involved the Engineer before, and now suddenly that's what you talk about, dying while deploying a turret... seems like you are playing the class wrong actually, don't deploy a turret while under fire.

People have tested everything you have said, no results came back positive for you. In fact every time it comes back negative, you abandon the thread, do not acknowledge the post made, and start over again. Stop hiding from the truth and face that you are lying in an attempt to scam DBC for your own incompetence in a game you apparently "love".
  8. FriendlyPS4

Your reply is ignorant to PS4 consol gaming on PS2. You can't smash d-pad buttons in this game. You can only press it to select the item you need. Then use R2 to effect that item.
  9. Exitus Acta Probat

And last I heard that was illegal in NY:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  10. JKomm

Another reply you made which only tackles one tiny argument made in the post... what do you have to say for the rest of it? As well, I was quoting your statement on another thread of this topic where you said all console gamer mash buttons... are those not your own words you are now claiming are ignorant?
  11. FriendlyPS4

Make sure to follow all my threads. I like pets. : )
  12. FriendlyPS4

Console gamers smash the X button. X doesn't select anything in death screen. X actives what is selected.
  13. JKomm

I'm well aware of that... but as I can see here you still have a severe case of selective reading skills, what do you have to say to the rest of the words present in my posts? Where is your acknowledgement of every console gamer who has made posts on your thread disproving your claim? You have made no attempt to speak with your peers, you attack those who play PC with the idea that they are ignorant to your system and as such you have an advantage to make yourself seem correct. Where is your post regarding Sinful Raevyn's findings after thoroughly testing your claim in the PS4 environment? You made none, in fact you replied to my post which was a direct reply to theirs. You avoided the confrontation with other console players because you feel it's easier to support your claim by attacking PC players... saying they don't know how your system works. Well apparently, neither do you.
  14. FieldMarshall

Couldnt you have used one of your other threads on the same subject. I mean, come on man seriously.
  15. Sinful Raevyn

No we don't. Maybe you do, but not all of us do.

You keep spamming the forums with the same stupid ****... -.-

You do realize the LEFT STICK ALSO MOVES THE CURSOR, RIGHT?!

In fact, if you press right on the left stick, it shoves the cursor to the very last option.

I have tested this AGAIN today. And again. And again. Oh and again. Three different characters. Always the same results. It doesn't move on its own. It needs input from your controller. Every. Single. Time.

And just for king special ed here, I too have made a video.

See how it's sitting on the bottom option? Because my left analog stick leaned right when I was dying. Never once moved in over 50 deaths unless I was touching dpad/analog stick.

It's funny that this apparently effects 'all console gamers', and yet YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE BRINGING IT UP. I have done a ton of searches for any other topic regarding this. Even reddit posts. And the only people to have accidentally bought a bounty... ADMITTED they moved the cursor too far.

I can't do this anymore. This level of ignorance just blows my mind....

I suggest that anyone sick of these petty argumentative threads just start reporting them when they appear. Doesn't require 5 topics for one discussion and therefore it's spam.
    • Up x 2
  16. JKomm

Good idea, I think I'll start that right now. I can also see once again he doesn't reply to anything you ever say because he knows it's too much evidence he's lying. He might reply to what I say here though because he thinks he can win if he can plead ignorance of the PC community.