Customer Service Announcement: Premium Membership

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renuse

This sucks! Now we wont get SC to spend on membership sales as well as other gear! You could buy 500 "1 cent" membership sale items with the 500 SC~~~!!!! Now we HAVE to use the one item a month, rather than saving it, and we HAVE to buy SC!!! Getting the 500 was one of the reasons i got membership in the first place. SO i could have a little something to use rather than blow it all on membership! What if I was happy with the member sales and hoping something good was going to come up! Then i have to BUY MORE SC?!

This is a move to get people to buy more SC as well as jip the members of sales opportunities, as well as prevent people from collecting all the market gear. Spreading out the time people have to get their one items makes them want to spend more money on the game to get it sooner.

BAD CALL. We are getting ripped.
    Bad. Bad. Bad.

Keep in mind you would use your one item for a camo, or a decimator, regardless of price. Its used up. Done.
    • Up x 13
  2. Lazaruz

My first impression is that I don't like this change. It forces me to choose an item each month, instead of allowing me to save up the 500SC until there's actually something I want to buy. It's getting increasingly difficult to find any semi-useful items in the depot at this point of the game... why should I be forced to "buy" something I don't want/need, in order to get the most out of my membership?

For me personally, this change actually devalues the membership, and most likely I won't be renewing my sub after it runs out in April.
    One more in a long line of bad decisions...
    • Up x 14
  3. likwidneo

I think this is a great idea. It's a great way to slowly build up an alt on another empire that maybe you don't play as much as your main. A good compromise however might be to give people that don't use their 1 free monthly purchase the 500 SC instead if the month expires instead of losing it outright.
    • Up x 4
  4. Baalorsbane

My biggest gripe with this is that it really limits what I can purchase. Being lvl 100 on my main and having only a passing interest in alts means I own most items on my main toon. The only Items I could have wanted were new releases of weapons (rarely happen) or the player studio items. If player studio items are not purchasable then what am I supposed to buy? New content is slow in being released so now one of the reasons for the membership is gone because there is nothing for me to spend my purchase credit on. This really burns the long time players who stuck with the game and play it a bunch.
    • Up x 8
  5. Amarsir

That's exactly why they're doing it. They don't want people combining deals. That some people are viewing this as a bonus is a neat trick.
    • Up x 3
  6. 4nother3ntity

Sure are alot of cheap gamers these days.

I for one am happy to be an Auraxium level supporter and look forward to the additional content these purchases will provide.

Great work folks!
    • Up x 1
  7. Gavyne

This is happening SOE-wide by the way, to all SOE games. There's going to be a lot of angry members as people find out about this. There are already tons of upset posts on EQ1/EQ2 forums where they also announced this.

Seeing that this is done SOE-wide, I don't see them pulling the plug on this. It's going to happen whether we like it or not. It'll be interesting to see how they spin out of this one in the upcoming days & weeks.
    • Up x 3
  8. Andy04

Well SOE, thanks but no thanks, way too many good games coming out this year and as much as planetside 2 is a fun game and good to look at the mass of it all, it lacks depth, design and good content. And after the last years mistakes and poor marketing and not to mention base design routs I can not see the game becoming anything more than the farm fest that it is lol Some of the reasons why I will not be buying any more from planetside 2..... Dose anyone remember hossin ?
    • Up x 3
  9. Baalorsbane

The loss of players is going to be dramatic, especially with the high level veterans. Lack of fresh content and the glacial pace of recent fixed and development is leading to huge burnout for frequent players. Add in this new system of membership and you get a lot of pissed of customers. This deal is ok for the fresh guys, you buy the huge bundle and get lots of stuff, the people who have played since beta get zero from this new system.
    • Up x 9
  10. Conzb

a more reason for me not to continue the membership, I don't understand why you have to change the current system, there's nothing bad with 500 SC
    • Up x 6
  11. Gavyne

ps, bundles are excluded, just like player made items.

But you guys are right, this hurts the vets and those long time supporters the most. I myself spent over $200 on station cash during the first 6 months playing this game, and I also bought a 6 months station pass. I've given plenty. Taking 500 SC away from subscriptions guarantees that I will not be buying a membership at all, in any SOE games.
    • Up x 9
  12. Spartan3123

Will this apply to new memberships only?

I prefer 500 SC per month rather than the ability to buy 1 item. Most of the time I wait for stuff to go on sale, then it is possible to buy multiple items.

I think SOE want to force member to buy SC and this looks like a complete money grab. I am not going to renew my sub and not going to spend any more money on this game.
    • Up x 8
  13. Kalendric

Sorry SOE but no, this isn't adding value to my subscription. You charge too much flat rate for most items and I only buy when things are on sale and become somewhat more reasonable. My typical purchase thus is 350 SC for a gun, 250 for a camo. I might be willing to pay more for some cool armour but we've had near bugger all in 14 months except the Drakon "Composite Lite" gear and the Ogre stuff for Maxes (which I picked up on deal the other day - thanks for that!).

Everybody would agree I think that the PS2 subscription represents poor value for money and that it needs to be addressed. Please don't insult our intelligence by pretending that these changes are in anyway to our benefit.
    • Up x 14
  14. Decian

Garbage SOE. Ill be canceling my membership. I have most of the items I want and would rather save my SC for something I actually want. I don't want to buy a bunch of random crap because I am forced to. You are taking away player freedom.
    • Up x 7
  15. WyrdHarper

Reminds me of the Anniversary bundle silliness, as well. Judging by their development priorities (whole 'nother thread), they seem to be going much more for the casual over long-term player. They don't seem to appreciate how much of an effect outfits and experienced players have in keeping new players interested and helping them get started. This game is overwhelming and not very newbie friendly, but a lot of older players go out of their way to help them out.
    • Up x 8
  16. skifton

I agree, this is stupid.

Pay around $15/month for membership...and they take away the $5.00/month thing you get for it.

Sure, you'll get to pick one thing per month...but Player's Studio (aka the GOOD stuff) will be likely off-limits?

I've NEVER said this before in any post...but screw you SOE. Screw you on this one.
    • Up x 9
  17. Gavyne

So much for "Free to play. Your way." SOE trademark huh?
    • Up x 7
  18. fatcash

a lot of things i see in the shop are only 1000sc and or lower. we get to pick 1?
    im thinking this just might not be as good a thing as SOE is saying.
    ?????? to buy or not to buy my next membership ???????
    • Up x 2
  19. Soulthule

Actually, I'm not sure Sony can make this change particularly with an All Station Pass. I'm prepaid (contract) and have an understanding of what the "Alll Station Pass" gives me - 500 SC a month plus access to a group of games.

Sounds like a bit of anti-trust to me. You can place anything in your T.O.S., it doesn't mean it will hold up in a court of law.

We had a contract. I don't have to worry about being forced to pick something every month as it stands currently. Now if I miss the deadline I lose out...
    • Up x 5
  20. Gavyne

Like someone said on EQ2 forum, you would actually get more for your money if you cancel your monthly subscription, and take that $15 to spend on double SC days to get 3,000 worth of SC (or 4,500 worth of SC on triple sc days). You at least will be able to spend that SC however you want to.
    • Up x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.