Customer Service Announcement: Premium Membership

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti-Skub

Inflating the prices of the already overpriced in game items is not a solution in my opinion. Adding more of the absurd premium junk like 20 dollar gold pistols is in no way appealing.
    • Up x 3
  2. Sanguinary

By all means, SoE has a lot more experience running a large-scale F2P (or P2P) model than the people posting, so it's not like we're in a position to tell them how to do their job - only to provide feedback and suggestions based on what we as consumers want.

Not to mention different expectations and opinions on things like SC and membership benefits.

So yeah, let's see what happens. Hopefully we get some feedback ourselves.
  3. Sanguinary

It doesn't have to be inflating anything, it's creating a (more) luxury market for people who are prepared to spend that money. I know people who've bought gold trims or weapons and are happy - you may not like that but some do.

It could be discounted boosters for longer durations, you could use your 2K towards a Hyper/Heroic boost, for example. That in turn you could use to buy the item you wanted with certs. Just a though.

It could also mean higher-detail or more impressive vanity items. Hopefully touching on where they were looking at the models for vehicles and intending to allow more diverse customization (there was a video somewhere about them rebuilding some of them from the ground up to allow more options).

As it stands now, there aren't enough expensive options to make this appealing, adding in more is an option. Making it worth that much is the tricky bit.
  4. Forkyar24

SOE you will lose a lot of money if you put in this stupid idea, stop being greedy, you, your self said your making a lot of money off F2P PS2!.
  5. GoodFight

Free solutions to the failure points:

Failure: Changing the agreement mid-stream for long subscription purchasers
    Solution: Either let the 500SC plan continue until the end of the prepaid term, or offer prorated refunds for those who want out. (Or, possibly, make a deal that is truly is additional value.)

Failure: 2000SC voucher in a game where there are few items worth 2000SC, i.e., "wasting" 1400SC to 1750SC or more
    Solution: Split the vouchers in to smaller parts. Two 1000SC coupons would eliminate a chunk of the trouble with the proposed deal. Four 500SC coupons would be seen clearly as "additional value."

[These coupons are essentially PS2 specific currency without making the explicit currency.]

Failure: The vouchers are set to expire during the month.
    Solution: Allow the vouchers to be used perhaps up to six months after they are earned.

[Real life happens. Maybe a military person gets deployed and cannot log in. Or some other factor makes someone stop playing for a while. Don't punish these people by removing their reward.]

Note that I play PS2 only, so I can't address people with All Access Passes and whatnot. Also, people who were counting on the PS2 500SC rewards to stock up for use in another game still won't be happy with a PS2 specific coupon system, no matter how good it is.
    • Up x 1
  6. Anti-Skub

Right except it's not is it...it's creating items to make something I'm already paying for look more valuable. I'm paying for premium already...the proposed changes reduce the value of premium membership...adding in a bunch of over priced vanity item doesn't increase the value, all it does is reduce the value of SC.
  7. Cooper

An issue with PS2 is there is nothing in the store anywhere near 2000SC.

This is a good thing; prices in PS2 are fairly high, but at least their not that high!

What would be really nice with this change are bundles that gather together multiple items into one item. These bundles need not be discounts like current bundles, just offer the ability to buy multiple items in one go for subscribers.

Suggestions for bundles:
    1) Camo packs
    - Armor, Infantry & Weapon versions of each camo type.

2) Dual packs of vehicle weapons
    - 2x Bulldogs for Galaxy
    - 2x Walkers for Galaxy
    - 2x Fury, Ranger, Walker, Kobalt etc. for Sunderer

3) Lumifibre packs
    - Air pack (Gal, ESF & Liberator)
    - Tank pack (MBT, Lightning)
    - Ground pack (Flash, Harasser, Sunderer)

4) One weapon per faction (for those with multiple faction characters)
    - 3x Carbine/AR/LMG etc., one TR, one VS, one NC
  8. Deepjay

However we are in the position of giving them our money - or not, therefore entitled to give feedback on what may or may not affect that.
    • Up x 1
  9. Luperza Community Manager

Please continue discussing the PlanetSide 2 Premium Membership changes in this thread, so that we can easily monitor all feedback. Thank you in advance!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.