Customer Service Announcement: Premium Membership

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirdra

Players Studio, bundles and additional exclusions may apply.
    • Up x 4
  2. Lukor

I dont get all the hate - depending on the exclusions you might actually be getting more with this change.
    Works for me.
  3. Spartan 117

Dear Piestro,

Please inform whoever is responsible for this change that is has not been well received. The fact that "paying members" already have to log in daily to redeem their "passive certs" is hindering enough. Now we are being told that the best aspect of being a paying member of Planetside 2 is being changed WITHOUT OUR CONSENT is upsetting to say the least.

Maggie/Higby, what is going on here? Why is SOE punishing the very players that have made this game a success? We have financially backed your product in confidence that this would be the successor to Planetside 1. We have promoted your product to family & friends. Yet it seems every single day SOE finds new ways to push its playerbase further & further away.

I'm not afraid of change. I am however afraid for Planetside 2's financial well being. SOE laid off 200+ employees this past year. We were assured that it would not affect PS2. The following patch none of the warpgates were even present. Meaning 0 testing was conducted before it was launched. In the past 6 months we have only had 1 notable patch, optimization. Which I think everyone would agree has been a large success. However, this type of performance is what should have been available at launch. Not 1 year into PS2's inception.

As of right now, the entire community is in the dark. No one knows what to expect in the coming months. Communication has been limited to none. The best thing you can do right now is restore confidence in your playerbase. The community is very concerned for the health of this game right now. These types of announcements just compound our concern further. Giving us content ETA's of like (Mid 2014) just makes things even worse.

TLDR Version For SOE: Unhappy with this change, restore confidence in your financial contributors/non-paying members alike.
    • Up x 11
  4. Xuerian

Three options:

One, this applies to everything PS2. Bundles, PlayerStudio items, whatever. Anything 2000 or less goes. Exclusions are not going to fly. This would make membership more attractive. Best option.

Two, provide a secondary currency (Oohh, bad word!) of 500-1000 PS2-SC (Auraxium?!!?!?) spendable on anything in PS2 only.

No change, 500 SC income a month.

TL;DR: If I can't keep buying on-sale items or multiple cheaper items with that monthly allowance, membership is going to start looking a lot less worth my money.
    • Up x 9
  5. Padapong

I would be okay with it if i could stack my "1 free item" thingy like boosts, but saying "choose 1 item or go home" isn't an option. What about high BR players? I've certed my vehicles, got my weapons, camos and so on. You don't release 10 valuable weapons per month. Golden commissioner? Don't need it. Another purple, red or blue camo? Don't want. It's better to cancel my membership, buying 3,000 SC and being able to choose then getting treated like that.
    • Up x 8
  6. Cafric

I subscribed for the 1year membership to support the game and mainly because of the 500sc. I don't buy all that come out so I like to wait before I have enough SC to buy that item. I just checked on the shop, basically by allowing me to buy ONE item only valued up to 2000sc, you are not making my gaming experience better, on the contrary. There is no item on the market place that worth more than 1000sc that I may want to buy, sure I could get that NS-7 PDW in Gold with same stats as the normal one I already got, so will that make my game better ? because I don't give a damn if the gun is painted gold.

I will not be renewing the subscription when it expire, it will be cheaper for me to buy actual sc to get that item I want when I want it, I have almost all I need already and I don't care for the cosmetic items.

With sub I got 6000sc a year, I can buy 6000sc by myself and be better of money wise. Sure I will loose 50% extra certs points but since I already have most of the interesting stuff, who care.
    • Up x 6
  7. ncDieseL

So basically there isn't any point in picking a low value item. You only get 12 items a year, selecting a camo would now be a waste. At least with the 500 SC a month offer you could pool up the SC and spread it across whatever items you wanted.

I'll continue to hold fire on a 6 month membership. I was so close to signing up as well.
    • Up x 6
  8. Cafric

By the way "bundles and additional exclusions may apply" bundles are the only items that I would be interested buying with the 2000sc a month offer, so there goes another reason not to re-sub.
    • Up x 5
  9. Blasterrr

Very bad change for the premium members. The game is not doing so well and u don t have so many premium customers that you should make a worse premium membership deal. You should make it even better then before.

Anyway just when i started to support the game and became premium member you changed the premium membership for the worse. I will cancel my premium membership. I will be happy to come back next year if you improve the premium membership deal instead of making it worse.

BR
    • Up x 8
  10. Elsewhere

As mentioned briefly by a few others, it seems good for new players, but does nothing for people who have been playing for 6 months or more. Lets look at it in real terms.

Player A begins playing and starts his membership. He plays 4 out of his 6 character slots over all 3 factions and multiple servers . He uses his first 3 months "free purchases" to get a NS44 Commish for all his toons, NS11A for all his medics and a NS rocket launcher for all his Heavys. Great, he has got some really good deals.

Lets look at me now. I have been playing for well over a year, but only became a member 2-3 months ago.
    I already have 95% of the guns I want, (picking up the NS7 + NS44 over Christmas on the cheap), and really couldn't give a monkeys about camos and decals. As a result, I feel really stretched to think of something I want to buy, whereas SC can be used for anything (and more importantly ANY SOE GAME)

A lot of the SC I spent on PS2 was carried over from the SC I bought from my Everquest days and I plan to use the SC accumulated with membership to use on EQ-NEXT, so for purely selfish reasons, I would prefer the SC.
    • Up x 9
  11. Zagareth

This is pretty much of a joke...
    500 SC are worth ~5 Euro, which can be spend freely in all games where SC counts, but now you dont get the 5 Euro (500 SC) back, but instead you are forced to choose a single virtual item (that could be worth upto 2000 SC (which currently dont exist and all items worth 1000 SC are excluded) that you probably dont need anyway in PS2, because most members probably got already everything they need.

That doesnt add more value from my point of view, it takes my freedom to decide what I wanna do with my SC.

I would call that: "Change in the terms and conditions in favor of SOE"

Btw... paying 10 or 20 bucks for a virtual item is insane profiteering anyway!
    • Up x 13
  12. Sordid

Welp, I guess that's yet another reason to not become a member.
    • Up x 8
  13. LordMondando

This is not additional value.

This is taking away the ability to save up and spend on sale bundles and during sales.

Which is what most, if not all members do. The biggest attaction of the extra SC is its fungability, which is being completely removed under the guise of giving us 'one big thing a month'.

Which given members also have in many cases enough certs to buy most things anyway, is not increasing our total access to content, and like the SC now, will likely not be used most months.

If this is really an attempt to offer premium members a better deal and not just an attempt to increase revenue streams, this needs to be another U-turn.

This is a terrible idea, if in honesty it is a misguided attempt to give us better value, it is just that misguided. IF it is an attempt to simply make more money, it is transparent and in presenting at as 'its better for you' its hard not to be extremely hostile to it.

Edit, you really want to give us additional value increase the SC amount.
    • Up x 17
  14. ConsGrymm

I'm happy paying for premium membership, I spent years playing PS1 and got nothing but the ability to log in for my sub, especially as it helps keep the game going. The 500SC or 2000SC item is all icing on the cake. Saying that, I certainly think premium members should get substantial in-game rewards in return for essentially funding the game, I would prefer something more specific to my loyalty though, perhaps exclusive member items or camo's.

I also think cosmetic items that are exclusively linked to achievements would also be good. Variant weapon versions when you achieve Auraxium Medals with a gun or something. The game needs more long term goals and reasons for spending time in it.

And pleeeaaase bring back OS's, we need something to clear the spawn camping zerg! ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. Vanumorrison

How about you give subscribers the choice of what reward they would like?
    • Up x 9
  16. pnkdth

Let's all lose our minds before we get more concrete information. It is the sensible thing to do, after all...
  17. GalaxyKillers

Dear SOE,

Sorry to be this blunt, I don't accept this change, this is not in favor or players whatsoever, I need the ability to spend my SC I get from my premium membership the way I want not the WAY YOU WANT ME TO, secondly I was in favor or more SC per month as someone who has 1 year premium membership I believe the 500 SC per month is not enough, I deserve better and this new membership is a FRAUD and I am seriously concerned for SOE, I think you will need to change this new deal in favor or 1000 SC per month and that can be carried forward if not used.

Please treat this as urgent,
    • Up x 12
  18. Azarga

Obvious money grab. Strongly disapprove.

Won't say that OMG I CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION NAO!!!!11111 or OMG WILL NEVER BUY MEMBERSHIP AGAIN!!!111 but moves like that seriously discourage me to trust a company.
    • Up x 12
  19. recuring wolfe

How would it not allow for that? You just pick the item. and the next month, pick another.

That said. I do also like to stock pile my resources. You never know what is new that is coming out. Also, i pretty much only ever spend my station cash on the daily sales. I am a conservative person in that respect. Thats because i dont always know what i want unless i need it. I need anti air, should save for sky guard. for example. I dont always know what it is that i will be needing next. Also with the sales, i could buy cosmetics. with this new change i would not be buying any cosmetics. It would all be weapons.
    • Up x 1
  20. Blaiz

This is crap. Having the option to use accumulated SC in other games is so awesome, please don't change this. Your breakin my balls SOE.
    • Up x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.