Creepy/Suspicious low BR people.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Earthman

Oh, when I say "precise sniper tool" and refer to a Gauss SAW I am being sarcastic. Just in case it wasn't clear.
    • Up x 1
  2. TheNewNCGuy

Some might be hackers, but most are just alts I think. I do the alt thing, not good enough to be one of the annoying guys yet, but I do it because... Well because sometimes I want to feel free to look up into the skies and not feel afraid. (I play NC on Mattherson. The Air support is often incompetent, if it's there at all. Having proper air support that does real work is so uncommon it actually makes up about half of my memorable gaming moments on PS2 so far. XD) Also the lack of recoil on TR is amazing due to mynewbery and low FPS.
    My 2nd NC account is just there to reserve the name for a future date when I plan on doing something with it. (After I get a lot better) As for my TR alt, my first drop in as LA I killed 2 NC before going down, I'm sure those guys must have been confused. XD Someone in our outfit has a Vanu alt to test weapons, I know a few guys that do this, and that includes using them in combat scenarios... There's plenty of reasons to make alts I think. As for other motivations... Some people might do it for the sake of getting those 3 day xp boosts (have one character of each faction, log on often enough to get the boost), others to switch over to the winning side when they get mad from being curb-stomped (I'm certain a lot of cowardly NC people do this on Mattherson).

TBH BR isn't synonymous with Skill in this game. There's too many variables. FPS, who you roll with (I bet if you have friends in EXOC and you play with them, or even against them, a lot, you'd get better really fast), how often you play, how many accounts you have,heck even luck plays a factor. Some days are just better than others as well. Same with K/D.. Really the only reliable way to tell who's skilled in this game is to find the person in game and fight/observe them.
  3. Earthman

I assume these alts of yours start to rise in BR, at least past the 1 to 5 range that seems to be dominated by the guys with creepy LIilililiiiiiiiiiilllI-style names.

That's why I still find this suspect, and while I read you, I don't fully agree that this is fully explained away legitimately.
  4. Simferion

Seriously I don't buy this idea anymore, because it's all the time since I started to play that "high BRs make alts". I'm not saying they don't have alts, but they should create one alt a day and don't sleep.
  5. Stromberg

6. TheNewNCGuy

If that's really the case and not some exaggeration,(maybe the issue's not as bad on my server yet so I don't see this as much?), then I conceded my argument. I have run into a fishy BR 9 who got an entire clip to his face and didn't lose but 3 bars of shields and no health loss. (He didn't throw shields on despite being heavy and considering the distance and the fact I shot first this really can't be explained by flinch mechanics). He was also doping the entire team faster than some players notorious enough to get remembered.. IDK if because it was a smaller battle it was more apparent, but, that was a while ago. Nobody's really stuck out to me like that. Also a lot of the lower BRs I'm seeing don't have as absurd of names as your reporting. What servers are you guys on again? Maybe some servers have it worse than others?
  7. Zorro

Sometimes new recruits are just natural-born soldiers.
  8. TheNewNCGuy

I would like to propose an alternate theory... The Koreans have Discovered PS2.
  9. Nocturn0l

Absolutely a hacker,
    the best players only have 30% HSR, 60% is impossible

edit: with automatic weapons that is
  10. tproter

When it comes to gaming, especially PC gaming, you'll simply have to accept that there are lots of adult gamers who don't have much of a life outside of gaming. They probably take great pride in the fact that they're still living at home with their parents and calling their basement their "man-cave"....
  11. Earthman

I can buy this, mostly.

However, I think you overestimate the integrity of these guys. Let's go with your premise: shut-ins obsessed with winning in a video game. Why wouldn't they use third party "assistance?" So many temptations to do so, especially for them: attention and praise they aren't getting elsewhere, the petty rush from "pwning noobs" with the cognitive dissonance attached, and they might even have personal stakes in doing so, such as "cone of fire is RNG and it shouldn't be in shooters ever" so they get scripts to compensate and effectively disable it.

In short, I think you're going pretty far assuming they WOULDN'T use this stuff.
  12. tproter

You misunderstand my post. I agree with your premise.

I do think many of these "leet" gamers do use artificial aids when gaming. For them, gaming is all they have to look forward to in life.
  13. Simferion

I have characters in 6 servers. I cannot speak about Waterson or Mattherson because I'm not playing a lot in those server (at least on Mattherson, on Waterson I have played some weeks ago).
    But I have a character in each European server and I can tell you from the 2am to about 10am I sometimes find this kind of people.
    I was on Cobalt, Sungrey AMP station, I climb the ridge between the south satellite and the Amp Station walls (I was coming from the satellite) I see a sundy 50 or 60 meters far away, near the tower and I was killed by the following character:
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428123302638128961/stats
  14. Metal Insomniac

If they're getting nothing but headshots, they're aimbotting for sure. I've encountered two so far in my PS2 career. Report them asap to get their ***** banned.
  15. MikaelX

Unless you have privileged access to some real special data, I don't know how any of you can even speculate on how many cheaters this game has.
  16. khai

It's not that hard no sway put it on single shot with a decent scope and know your ranges because the bullet will drop alot. Used to do it before I started playing an engie almost exclusively. Not late at night with a weird named alt with a bunch of friends but if you don't mind that even a headshot does little damage it is not actually difficult to hit with the LMGs. Or it wasn't 6 months ago with the TR or NC ones at least, maybe that's changed.
    • Up x 1
  17. tproter

Your response and "learn to play" are oft heard from hackers as they try to disabuse others of the notion that hacking/cheating exists in games.
  18. Shadowyc

But we can speculate pointlessly!
  19. DK22

well I play medic quite a bit, which usually means following people around, and I don't see alot of cheats.
    But I have seen a few very obvious ones once and a while.
    someone is always watching....
  20. HappyT

Here's an idea... SOE introduced AI. :eek::eek: