Creepy/Suspicious low BR people.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Jokkie

Halloween is near...
  2. Metal Insomniac

Probably just BR 100 alts. Or they're just that good. It's really not hard to decimate squads if you know how to properly flank.
  3. Simferion

I can say that I'm seeing this situation quite often in the (European) late night-early morning.
    And I have suspects also on some medium or high BR characters, at least about ESPing and some CoF reduction.
    I'm not playing my best game these days and I'll take a regenerative break, but I'm headshotted too often lately.
  4. deggy

Accuracy is easy to pad downwards, check headshot rate.

Best way to pad accuracy down to non-suspicious levels? Shoot a wall.

I do it all the time :p
    • Up x 1
  5. Simferion

If the cheater is blatant , yes, he'll have a very high HS percentage. I found a BR14 with 21 headshots out of 47 kills with a Carv, 2 headshots in the same second too!!
    But sometimes you'll find someone who set his aimbot to do just a few headshots.
  6. AnnPerkins

I'm not sure how you can play on Connery after midnight. The 50% vs population is thoroughly not fun for anyone.
  7. Booface

Eh. I get 40-50% using sniper rifles or other high accuracy / low ROF weapons in most games, sometimes higher. (I think in PS2 my sniper rifle accuracy is hovering in the mid 40s for most of them.) And I'm not particularly disciplined about only taking sure shots--I miss a fair bit more than I should. I imagine if I really cared about that stat and stopped shooting into the air after captures/alerts or shooting random vehicles, rocks, and scrubs (and occasionally teammates' feet) as I run around that I could get it up into the 80s. So I'm not sure it's the best way to tell.

On top of that, most of my hits with sniper rifles are headshots. Why would you pull the trigger for anything else? This somewhat carries over to my other favorite weapons.

Anyway, apparently a lot of hack programs or scripts or whatever will keep accuracy in mind. They'll miss a predetermined number of times after killing a guy, or you can just go shoot a wall or something to bring down the average. You have to keep in mind that the people who write these scripts know that statistics are tracked and build in ways to make the statistics seem "average." If anything, if somebody seems really awesome in game but has poor player stats, that's a sign (though not a conclusive one) that something is up. And then, of course, there's the ones who don't even bother hiding it because they're just account switching.

Those weird names are usually dead giveaways though. I still maintain, though, that the actual prevalence of hacking is much less than people make it out to be. Maybe it's just that Waterson is different, but I rarely come across someone whom I am sure is hacking.
    • Up x 2
  8. Demetrios

Considering they ban by hardware now I doubt this is it, unless these people have alternate machines to go with their accounts.
  9. CrashB111

Personally I've only encountered one blatant hacker and that was months ago. It was an NC Heavy Assault noclipping around a tech plant that took out my MAX. No question either, I was firing at him as he flew inside a tower, around a mountain and back to me to shoot again after he reloaded.
  10. deggy

Hardware bans aren't impossible to get around. Generally, turning off and switching one of your cards to a different port on the mobo can get you another "configuration" as far as SOE is concerned.
  11. KoS-1

Seems suspicious to me. There is no harm reporting them and let SoE figure it out.

For me, I seem to see suspicious activities in spurts. Now I will say, it seems not seeing anything is greater than those times of high activity.

Also, keep an eye out when double exp comes around. I saw a ton of hacking over the 4th of July one.
  12. HadesR

Few w/e time you play .. low BR names like IlIlIl9IlIlI etc
  13. HLM

Maybe people getting pissed off getting killed by easy-mode weapons so create an alt on the other empire for some quick easy kills to prove to themselves how easy that other empire is.

That or cheaters.
  14. Nocturn0l

Well, this is the bane of f2p games, banning accounts does absolutely nothing to prevent people from doing the same thing again and again. With retail games, you at least have to buy a new copy/key to play again.
    Maybe that will be one advantage of the PS4 version.
    I still don't understand why the client does not check for common cheat/hack-software running in the background, i know it's a neverending fight but it at least prevents the dumbest players from hacking.
  15. RobotNinja

Um...what anti-hack? Oh, you're talking about PS2's process viewer that sends a report when your game crashes...that doesn't work when hack devs tell they're users to block/firewall the crash reporter process?

Also, none of the devs who make subscription hacks name them "PS2HAXXX.EXE." They're attached to system services or run from scripts on password protected websites.

Combat Arms, which has to be the crappiest FPS ever, with literally ever single game being overrun with hackers actually has a better anti-hack than PS2. Now that is sad.
  16. FredyLa Malice

SOE really needs to tone down the level of their bots...
  17. Earthman

I can almost buy the 100BR alt thing, except the motives seem vague and strange.

The "they just flanked you" thing I don't buy as much. When me and 3-4 guys in a pick-up-squad are all shooting at a guy perched on the braces of an amp station and DINKDINKDINK dead, one after another from the guy's LMG, I don't see the "flanking" from shooting at us while we're looking, and shooting, right at him.
  18. Earthman

I've seem them do this the moment after I'm dead, if they're close enough on the deathcam. Unload the rest of the magazine at a hill or a wall, then run off.
  19. Earthman

I still think having the 'free' accounts at least require a verification before they can be used would be a huge help. As in, if someone is banned, that identity is banned. It can be tied to an (unused, thus "free") credit card number or something like it.
  20. Earthman

Mind you I'm not saying "HEADSHOT=HAX". I'm calling it shady when it's specifically low BR people, using precise sniper tools like Gauss SAWs and landing multiple headshots one after another from pretty long ranges.

I'm mostly seeing this late at night, which unfortunately is my most common available play time. I guess I need to re-arrange my schedule.