Connery's newest fail favorite "A2AM"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Spookydodger

I wholeheartedly agree that is it as pointless demanding that lockons go *poof* as people demanding their certs back for weapons that get changed. I find lockons to be rather clumsy to use and better in packs, so not generally useful to the average pilot. The people who insist that aircraft should be the sole domain of the nose gun illuminati that have spent hours perfecting their craft... are dooming their vehicle to obscurity from lack of fresh blood.
  2. phungus420

You told me to l2p. Given your profile, it's apparent you need to learn to play:
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428021759051158337/killboard

Like I said, specifically in the threat you quoted only terrible players lead with the response "L2P nub" like you did, and we can now easily see that you are not the exception to the rule. I don't know why you are still trying to talk on the subject like you have any clue whatsoever considering all you do is play infantry, poorly. We might as well be asking the bag lady at our grocery store about how A2Am work, they'd have just as much of a clue.

Secondly you don't get to make up straw man arguments for me.

I HAVE FROM DAY 1 BEEN THE BIGGEST ADVOCATE OF USING A2Am. Pilots should use them, they are effective, and something needs to clear ESFs out of the sky so burster could be nerfed (notice how the burster nerf directly followed the A2Am fix/buff?). My issue is that A2Am are a low skill floor and high skill ceiling weapon that are incredibly powerful at all player skill levels. That's not right, it's indicative of them being overpowered; in a competitive game like this weapons should either be all around solid, low skill floor with a low skill ceiling, or high skill floor with a high skill ceiling, or in some way incomperable and unique. You know what, go actually ******* read what I said that you are quoting, just ******* read it, don't quote me and then ignore what I said, stop using teenage expressions and actually respond to my goddamn points. Next response from you that doesn't acknowledge or refer to any actual point I made is getting you on my ignore list because you're obviously not worth engaging in a discussion with. And for the record here are the two most important posts I have made in this thread that express the points I am making about the actual problems with A2Am:

3. KaneSeere

Did you just call me Test member? That is the deepest insult. I'm a proud CFC member on PS2 vacation from EVE.
  4. Tasogie

CFC ROFL!! Well I have not been playing alot last few weeks, but far as I know Test got reset. I used to be Fcon,XXdeath(shadows),GC(Gentlemans Club)
  5. exLupo

redacted. serious sleep dep. reply got weird.
  6. GraphicJ

You are better than this Connery pilots. Shame on you on using Cheese-lock ons. Shaaaaame.

No Vanu A$S for you.

[IMG]
  7. holycaveman

I really don't have time for your long wind.

No offense.....
  8. SNAFUS

Dat ***:cool:
  9. phungus420

Like I said you have nothing of substance to say, and you are unwilling and unable to address even a single point I made regarding A2Am. You also don't fly, at all, so I don't even know where you think you get off telling all the experienced ESF players in here what's what, but keep up with your bad self.

Also there is no reason to quote someone (which notifiys them you are quoting them) and tell them you aren't willing ot respond to them because you don't have time and think what they are saying is "long wind" other then to try to offend them (and you did not succede). So not only are you ignorant about all the details of what you are trying to talk about, but you're also a liar.
  10. KaneSeere

Hehe Test go reset ages ago, but the war is just a few weeks old, but I even though Test is awesome to blow up I feel I need more vacation from eve all together. But it's a delight to be able to shoot Test in PS2.
  11. Ronin Oni

You're talking 3 to 1.

Your argument is invalid.
  12. Corewin

How is it invalid?

I have a hunch that you are talking out of your ***.
  13. smokemaker

The ESF's need more toys.
    auto cannons
    dumb bombs
    AT missiles
    more options vs. rocketpods or A2A
  14. Ronin Oni

You're talking 3 to 1 and how because noobs can then take down a better pilot that that defines them as OP....

NO.... 3 noobs teamed up to bring down someone better than them.

That's bloody balance. That's TEAMWORK. And if said pro solo lonewolf pilot kept a wingman or 2 and flew with teamwork himself then they would have stomped all over the noobs A2AMs or not.
  15. Bipolo

If they could make it so we could hide behind structures, terrain, etc again like we could before, i would have nothing against Lock On weapons, be it Striker, A2Am and on.

Right now i just /facePalm every time i see these damn missiles find me behind cover, some doing insane 180 degree turns, others i have seen go through the walls of a Tech Lab and then there are those special ones who manage to warp through mountains...

Not cool man, not cool...
  16. holycaveman

I am not thunderhawk for certain.

However I can avoid at least 85% of all lock ons, ground and air.

It was too easy before. I think its spot on. I just hop you guys don't figure it out too soon. Because I load out A2Am. Lol
  17. Corewin

Plowing into the ground and committing suicide does not count as "avoidance" of missiles. That's dying.
  18. holycaveman

Well at least you have s sense of humor. 8)
  19. Decelexevi

To be fair to purple and blue, they did have strikers to contend with while we got off pretty easy not having any enemy heavies with lock-on missiles.

Ironroids and Datablue still scare me more than anyone's A2AMs.
  20. Bipolo

Might have forgot to mention that it think most of us still know we can Flare and lose LOS.
    You can still out-fly Lock On missiles with AB's, then turn and still have Flares to use.
    You can even still avoid LOS and the Lock and not have to worry.

Sometimes you can still get out of LOS after Lock and Launch and make the missiles miss... Sometimes...

The Not Cool Man, Not Cool thing i meant, is the "cool" feature that most missiles still find their way to their target after Lock and Launch. I cant remember the GU they redid the tracking but, after that GU the sudden appearance of "magical smart missiles" that could still hit you in what use to be full cover, say behind a Bio Lab, Tech Lab, tower, mountain, hill, gorge and so on...

This made Lock Ons a bit over the top if you ask me, it just doesn't feel right being hit by something thats trajectory makes no sense (yes, its a game, iknow ;) but still). If its a result of lag/dysync, some bug or just an over-tune of "terrain avoidance" i do not know?