Connery's newest fail favorite "A2AM"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 20, 2013.

1. DonC

Do not interfere, let them do what they seem fit for this game.

Do you want it nerfed or gone? make an alt and abuse it, SOE only understands numbers, this is common sense at this point, how long did the beta A2Am nerf last? yeah, unless a bunch of people abuse the living **** of it again, it will not go away.
  2. Tasogie

lol after 7 years of eve, E uni has done naff all to help newbes, as for the new player help channel ha! that is just a ****hole of spam an abuse.
    Seems to me there's 3 of you here that talk **** at everyone who likes something you dont, an try to belittle them. I would hazard a guess an say if you have ever really played EVE an left 1.0 that your Test members, eg your opinions an skills are irrelevant.
    After all test an people with their attitude are pretty only cod types an dont really rate as worth respect...

caveboy, snaffles an whatisface really need to understand that on the internet, an computer games in general NOTHING makes you harder than anyone els, an you damn sure do not rate as something special. You are "just" game customers, nothing els...
    Take a break, stop trying to put others down an play "Your" game....instead of trying to play everyone els.
  3. SNAFUS

Yes because hard core players don't spend hundred of hours and in many cases hundred of dollars on PS2. Guess we should all submit to the window licking casual player base.
    [IMG]
  4. Tasogie

interesting, I have over 900+ hours played, an well WELL over $800 spent, yet I am jsut a game player, not a casual player, not anything els... what you talking about is your ego, not any real skill.its been proven even a monkey can play games.
  5. holycaveman

You an internet game king!!!!! Be proud!! LOL
  6. Zagareth

Learn to play against them. This "I'm uber and superior, because I' don't need A2AM"-Attitude is plain BS. Combined Arms usage is the key, nothing else. Also Dogfights are a very good way to die against intercepting fighters. If you are not in control of the area around you, you are probably losing every dogfight. At least I do, when Im triggerhappy trying to dogfight a single pilot, while every foe around me is glad to find such a stupid pilot for their K/D rate.
    • Up x 2
  7. holycaveman

Alright, I like the new names. And the lecture. I think you have a good motive.

My problem is I don't take crap from internet elitists like snaffles and whatisface. I should not say a thing.

But on the other hand I know there are a ton of guys who enjoy another effective loadout on the esf. And when you hear some elitist on here telling us that their style of play is the way, then spewing k/d stats. It well just gets under my skin.

I have killed better pilots than both of them. And I will do it with A2A, the banshee, or ramming, whatever it takes. That is just fun.

But with a fps of 9-25 depending on the day, I am lucky to kill anyone some times. LOL

Crappy attitudes just make it worse on everyone. I wish the "elite" would have special tags on their esf. Or just put a bullseye on there. Because I will go after them. And if it takes me 20 times to do it I will until I get them. Ha, ha.

Don't take anything too serious fellows. Its just a game. 8)
  8. Tasogie

I am starting to wake up to these two now, they are deliberately trolling. badly, an it really shows just how young they are.

I would do yourselves a favor an just add em to block, cos I know I'm goin to.
  9. Tasogie

hmm I may have taken you the wrong way, I apologize I was wrong. I thought you were bangin on like snaffles n is mate... I find em both to be complete donuts...
  10. holycaveman

No worries. I am usually taken the wrong way. My own fault no doubt.

I speak with boldness and confidence. But I never said I was an awesome player. Or that I even try to be. I play for fun. And I play about everything. Shoot just look where my kills come from. They come from everywhere! LOL
    • Up x 1
  11. Tasogie

100% mate, exactly same as I do
  12. Gables

Snafus, I'm pretty sure I've seen you run A2A.
  13. SNAFUS

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  14. Leal

This would explain things, when I take my ESF around I've said "damn, I thought TR was supposed to be the lock on spam faction, why can't I ever go near NC or VS without getting locked?". Then it got to a point where I'm like "Ok I'm 3 hexes inside of our own territory is there a ******* heavy hiding in every mountain with a lockon?" but now it seems that the answer is that Connery have thrown away the E-bushido all pilots think they have and started using lock ons.

W-e-l-p
  15. Jump Jets

LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    Waaah Waaah Waaah

Imbalanced my **** if your dumb enough to let yourself get killed by A2A (not G2A) on any sort of regular basis, You need better situational awarness. I mean It's not like they are sitting outside render distance, (like av turrets, or burster Maxes) b/c if they were they couldn't see You to get a lock on.

Skilless, Nub tube, a Crutch, YEAAAA OK. Keep telling yourselves that. Whatever it takes to keep your Ego's inflated, I get it.
    I you don't like them don't use them and just keep dying to them. Don't figure out how to counter them or anything. I mean if your not using A2A and are a dedicated dogfighter then that should mean Stealth (to stay of prox radar) and AB tanks, which means unless you used up your AB you can outrun 95% of them. (most can be outrun with stock AB) Just break Line of Sight.

I think the real problem the OP has here is that they are to busy "dancing" with the Enemy Esf (prob high altitude to aviod ground AA) and doesn't want to get interrupted by a lock, or worse yet, die to it.

And to anyone that call someone names for bailing out before the ESF blows up, It doesn't mean they suicided remember Ejection Seat cert and JumpJets, I know when I am on fire I bail with my JJ's and land safely most times (except when my own wreckage kills me).

While I will agree with you that Lock-on's can get very annoying at times, it's not unbalanced.
  16. Riskae

yeah I suck at flying and I can't do the hover fighting with any proficiency... sorry, I need to kill you more than I need your respect.
  17. eldarfalcongravtank

everyone going a2am now?

so be it...

better than having these pesky esfs flying around with lolpods spamming defenseless groundtroops
  18. CNR4806

This BAWWWW thread is still going on? Very well, time to have a callback of a few actually useful suggestions of mine for the OP, the Pilot Master Race and all the "lockon have no place in PS2" people in general.

Perhaps it's my mistake that I didn't recommend IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 and Digital Combat Simulator for their presumably taste for hardcore simulation. My deep apologies. Double apology for DCS having a literal ton of working lockons because it's a simulator.

Basically, anything works. I simply don't know why these people choose Planetside 2 if they don't like lock ons. Because when I dig up some originial Planetside information, it isn't really like the first game has no lock on (and fire-and-forget). And really, no lockons in a game set in the 27th century? What are they expecting?
    • Up x 2
  19. Spookydodger

I mean go out specifically to fight in the air and take a screen shot at that point so that WE can see. If I look at any given point, I might see you dominating a battlefield from the air or slogging it out with your outfit on the ground. Like Corwin, for example. He posted 2 accounts and neither of them had a single death listed from A2A at the time of posting. Kinda undermined the arguement that A2A was all that powerful.

I'm not a particularly good dogfighter, but I've spent a lot of time perfecting how to avoid lockons. I'm still learning about the differences, if any, between different factions' lockons. I've tried to use them bug largely found them to be less than useful except against Liberators.
  20. Spookydodger

Granted, and honestly I think those are the best, most efficient uses of A2A missiles. Fly in packs, have a couple of people engage in close range, and then the remainder squeeze off locking rounds from nearby. In 1v1 or 1v2, or 2v2s, I usually find them to be less useful than afterburners or even rocketpods. While I'm sitting there trying to get a lockon, I'm more stationary for others to shoot.