Congratulations Higby!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drealgrin, Jun 30, 2013.

1. SteelMantis

I'm finding both the burster nerf (as both a MAX and a pilot) and the ZOE nerf reasonable and am still pulling about as many MAXes since the resource change.

Unless of course that situation includes taking damage. I'm noticing the increased damage so much that I am back to using Charge on my AI load-out (ZOE level 2 vs. Charge level 1). I can't say how it is working at max level but for a good portion of the player base using ZOE in combat is borderline suicide.
    Which I'm fine with, I like to think all weapons and abilities should be side-grades and which to use should come down to play-style. I still use ZOE for my AV load-outs since I am often behind a spawn shield or in another position where hopefully I won't be taking much return fire. Seems pretty situational to me currently.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phrygen

You are exagerating, a decimator drops a zoe maxes health by more than half in one shot. By all means provide us with a video of a ZOE max getting hit by a devinator and shot by 3-5 infantry. Even with maxed kinetic armor the zoe will drop pretty fast, and if thats the case, the zoe would die to one c4 brick insantly without flak armor.

Zoe basically takes one less bullet to kill a target and increased speed in exchange for 30% damage. You really think the ZOE can solo 4-5 heavies?
  3. IamDH

I like how OP was celebrating that there wasnt a ZOE thread and we just turned HIS thread into a ZOE thread
    • Up x 4
  4. Garbageman

Well he asked for it. That was a leading comment which he knew would result in the inevitable.

This reminds me of an old Huckleberry Hound cartoon from my childhood. He's in the French Foreign Legion, which he joined in order to "forget", e.g. the pain of a lost love. One day, after 10 long years in the desert, he realizes that he can no longer remember "her" name. He is so happy that he decides he must celebrate. This calls for music, but he has only one record to put on the turntable. It's the song "Clementine", where the lyrics go, "Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my darling Clementine, you are lost and gone forever..." At this point, you can guess what "her" name was. Heh- heh.

Moral of the story: don't mention some controversial topic that people seem to have forgotten about. Or to use a more folksy phrase, 'let sleeping dogs lie"
    • Up x 1
  5. IamDH

Lol Well said :)
  6. Roarboar

ANd you wont be missed, this game isnt meant for terribads. GL HF in hello kitty online where you belong.
  7. Roarboar

Like the scatters you mean?
  8. ManualReplica

Yesterday I pulled ZOE MAX's for well over an hour.
    I gained more resources than I lost pulling ZOE MAX's at times with how much score I was getting, and I could pull one every 6 or so minutes if I wanted to.
    And just to point it out, I only have dual bursters and the default VS MAX weapons to use, haven't spent a dime on my VS character, and I do just fine with those and a level 2 ZOE. :I

iunno what you guys are talking about when you are on about this "new resource costs mean that no one pulls ZOE MAX's!11" or "ZOE MAX's are terrible!" or whatever strange excuse you guys happen to have, ZOE doesn't feel all that different from pre nerfs to me, and the slight increase in damage taken and abysmal nerf to ZOE's effect on bursters feels negligible.

But I do see fewer ZOE MAX's out there now a days, you guys are doing a very good job at making players freak out over nothing.
    So keep up the good work.
  9. Bill Hicks

ZOE is still a straight upgrade
    • Up x 1
  10. DreamlessLiberty

ZOE is broken but there is no point complaining about in anymore since it's here to stay. What can you do? Write ZOE in a piece of poop and mail one to the development team every week until they get the picture.
  11. DreamlessLiberty

Play quake 1 on the hardest difficulty and fight shamblers. You might learn then why the ZOE is so strong.
  12. Phrygen

don't insult shamblers by comparing ZOE to them.
  13. Kevorkian

It's still op, just that since there's far fewer maxes in general, the constant complaining has died down some. If they ever readjust the resource costs and maxes are easier to pull again, people will be right back to complaining about the swarm of ZOE's, and justifiably so.

Wrong.
  14. Phrygen

30% damage increase balances the benefits. If TR and NC maxes had similarly strong utility options it wouldn't be an issue.

The currently problem with ZOE is that Lockdown and Aegis shield aren't good enough.

also, not enough people fully cert into charge. it makes a huge difference and makes charge just as viable.
  15. Grotpar

ZOE was never OP.

I'm sticking to it.
  16. Kevorkian

30% won't cause a one-shot. I can still jump around a room with 3-4 infantry and come out on top with it on.

Aegis is "ok". Good enough to warrant using it enough over Charge in many situations.

Lockdown is pretty useless. They need to dramatically reduce the anchor time. Charge atm is the superior option.
  17. Phrygen

i'm sorry if i'm misunderstanding you, but are you implying that if you can't one shot a ZOE, it will kill 3-4 infantry in a room without those infantry being able to respond? If so, that just sounds like garbage infantry to me. If thats the case, my Mercy max can kill 4 garbage infantry players rather easily even with flak armor, though its easier with kinetic.
  18. Kevorkian

I'm saying other than C4, you cannot OHK a ZOE. Still have 4 hp bars with a direct Decimator hit. I have no problem killing multiple infantry without Flak or KA. Of course difficulty increases if they're competent, but its still very doable if you have descent aim. ZOE still doesn't have enough risk associated with the reward. This is coming from a dedicated and unbiased ZOE user. You can kill 4 garbage infantry with any max, but you can't do it as efficiently as you can on a ZOE.
  19. TheRealMetalstorm

>implying i quit

also, inb4 >implying you didn't
  20. TheRealMetalstorm

sadly for people like you who don't understand the value of things easily (its ok, it comes with age and/or intelligence),
    vehicle resources and aerospace resources are much less valuable than infantry resources.

It's like saying Zimbabwe dollars (or whatever it's called) and Canadian dollars are worth the same amount.