Claymores versus Bouncing Betty and Prox Mine?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Damianamaru, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Phrygen

you can purchase an improved sidearm, there are no other AP mines to upgrade to.
    • Up x 1
  2. Xocolatl

Totally agreed.
    I have stepped on a lot of BBs, never actually stepped on a Claymore (TRs on my server don't use them), and I do believe VS mines have very small radius. I know dropping them at generator base is not enough to trigger it while it is being hacked.
  3. Ztiller

We do not have the option to purchase a machine-gun sidearm, so that's not really a valid argument.
  4. Get2dachoppa

Same here. Can't recall the last time a claymore killed me but those BB's get me daily. Last night I did find a claymore though, set up in the middle of a doorway. Stood out like a sore thumb, so I detonated it with my pistol and went about my business.
  5. Phrygen

it really is cause the rebel is much better than that, and the machine piston isn't that good. Not to mention everyone is getting the nanite systems magnum soon.

for whatever reason you want TR to be gibbed in this regard.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ztiller

Your burst-fire gun is a ***** to fight, so i wouldn't call the Rebel better.

You're mistaking me. I don't want the TR to be gibbed. What i don't want is people ******** over assymetrical balance.

""QQ, but their thingy is much better than our thingy!"
    Yeah, and you have some thingies that are better than ours. Unless you want a grey, bland, boring-*** shooter, then stop complaining every single time something is different. It's call asymmetrical balance, and that is not something we can have if the players constantly complain about everything not being equal.

If you want your mines to be as good as ours, then we want a Machinegun sidearm. Either that, or accept that the game is asymmetrical balanced, and deal with it.
  7. Dusty Lens

Claymores are rather poor. It would be nice if they were better. A little more range would probably turn the trick. Something to compensate for their handicaps.

This thread is pretty fun. There's a lot of amusing posts in here.
    • Up x 4
  8. Ronin Oni

^This is the only thing I'd change.

The beams should be visible to faction only. If VS and NC want some kind of allied faction indicator to see their own mines better as well (primarily so people can make sure not to get blown up with the enemy) then I'd support that as well.

But having our mines put out a visibile green laser to any enemy that was within 30m when placed (and not on low settings) is kinda a unnecessary crutch. They already are the easiest to see of all the APs (on my NC I've avoided a few claymores from physically spotting them.... have only seen one Bouncing betty and NO prox mines before they blew up in my face.)

And I'm fine with that. I really am. I'm also fine with having ours single directional even though 9 out of 10 times omnidirectional would be better. This is a 3 faction assymetrical game, so I'd support more differences and this one is really fine TBH.

But dat laser o_O
    • Up x 2
  9. Phrygen

there is an difference between asymmetrical balance and Imbalance. Often its subjective between the two, but in this case the claymore is clearly far worse than the others to the point of being worthless. The beams being visible is just ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  10. Radec594

It's not 90°, looks more like something around 45-50° :p
    Wish it was 90°.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nehalen

So the last few days i´ve got the feeling my claymores are getting disabled more often than usualy. People rember the places where i put them :p. BB and Vs mines are superior imho, the are also invisible if you put them on stairs or infront of an phalanx turret ( i think they sink into the ground). I think they should redesign it. I liked the BF2142 APM design , it wasn't that big and still a claymore.
  12. Ztiller

I'm pretty sure this is just another case of L2p.

Almost all the Claymores i encounter are hidden in plain sight in the middle of a doorway. The claymore should be placed AROUND corners, not right in the middle of it.

If the TR can't even figure that out, well maybe it is not the Claymore that is wrong.