Claymores versus Bouncing Betty and Prox Mine?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Damianamaru, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Azimaith

Do claymores have a longer trigger range in their arc of fire? If that were the case that's a pretty significant advantage in many areas. If not...... I can't think of a reason why SOE would make that big of an oversight much less why they wouldn't fix it. At the very least getting rid of the lasers would be a huge benefit. I don't know that you necessarily need them to place the mine, at the very least, make the lasers vanish after the mine arms.
  2. Takoita

Bump this.

We need to know the details on this one and have the issue fixed if there is a bug somewhere here.
    • Up x 1
  3. Takoita

I was able to use the thing as a shotgun blast to the face successfully and survive the explosion point-blank while my opponent did not. I think it confirms that clays are directional.
  4. Damianamaru

5. Scuzzle

Obviously there is an advantage over TR with proximity mines, but the only way of fixing that is convincing SOE to give us a more futuristic version of it. There is really no debate in the matter. Like others have mentioned, they could at least give it a better radius. I have fairly good results with the claymore, but i can't help but wonder what it would be like with a 360 trigger / explosion.
  6. Falanin

I can confirm that enough claymores on a jump pad landing can indeed take out a MAX.

I can also confirm that people often walk right past them and no explosion... not sure why.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about with the lasers (I play on low settings).

I actually really like the things, though I've never played NC or VS long enough to try out the other factions' version.
  7. NoXousX

I just love how they have green beams to give them away.
  8. Tyzh

It's really dumb that enemies can see the green lasers. Why would that even be in the game? Who was making the game and thought that was a good idea?
  9. Biggaayal

Will you stop it already. Obviously by the amount of bumps you need it is not an important issue. All your claims about imbalance are based on assumptions.

Just another thread of someone asking to buff their weapons.... Join the freakin line dude.

Afaik claymores are more deadly. Until you get facts plz stop the whining threads. People like you crying foul for imbalance is what ruins games like these. You made your point now trust the devs and move on.

Otherwise you aren't one cent batter than all the "OMG X IS SO OP IM NEVER PLAYING THIS GAME AGAIN" posts.

I'm really scared to be honest that SOE will end up ruining the game if they start listening to the never satisfied imba-crowd. It is an awesome game but I've seen good games ruined by the same kind of people in the past.

Play the game for fun instead of worrying constantly whether an opponent might possibly have some 1% advantage... Oh well, or keep whining, your pick. I know which one is more fun for me.
  10. Prinsn

Incase no one has mentioned this, since you're all so stuck on balance:

You can use claymores to guard yourself, Proxy and Bouncing Betty will kill you if you're in teh blast radius, claymores have a safe zone you can use to guard yourself.
  11. Toshogu

Claymores can be recolored, I don't care.
    No trigger to 180, keep it 90degs but make it blast out to 10ft and trigger out to 10ft
    A MUST is getting rid of those green lasors, pointless and ******** counterproductive renders them useless.

or give us betties like the dude said.
  12. voigt

As far as I can tell this is how they work:

VS get an instant explosive that hits in all directions
    TR get an instant explosive that hits in a directional cone
    NC gets a time delayed (2 second) explosive that hits in all directions.

Problem with the NC Bouncy Betty is when you walk over one, it takes so long to explode you can walk all the way out of the radius before it goes off, not even running just walking past it. You hear an explosion behind you and wonder what that noise was.
  13. Damianamaru

14. Damianamaru

15. Stinneyt

Out of interest, when I place a Claymore, how long does it last for? Does it ever expire? Does it disappear when I log out?
  16. TheBloodEagle

I believe they disappear when you die now and/or log out. I'm not sure if they disappear if you switch class but I'd assume so.
  17. Kaittycat

Is it not possible to place a claymore behind a door so that you would never be able to see it before stepping into your doom? Would love a screenshot of the green lasers, since I've never encountered it in-game.
  18. Togashi

claymores do not go away when you die or change classes. don't know the exact duration but pretty much long enough so that you'd replace it with a new one at another spot of log off before it goes away is my guess.
  19. Stinneyt

I play TR and I have a very high success rate with these things. You just have to be smart about your placement of them, but by no means do you have to take any real care.
  20. PanzerGoddess

claymores are insta kill for everything except when an HA has his nano shield on, EDIT* and max units. If I had to guess the reason for our claymores, the fact we have the TXR pistol, that would be my only guess. Every class has its ups and down, ours would be the claymore....one of the few things you can see a mile away unless it is well hidden.