Changes to LMG's. Experiences

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Shinniok, Dec 18, 2013.

1. CaptHaddock

The N6 SAW is now... awesome after the hotfix. I don't know what has changed in the net code, but this feels even more lethal than before PU2. After getting purple, I've hated moving to the EM6. Similar accuracy, but missing the punch
  2. Mootar

GD-22S is now ridiculously good, 500+ kills in 2 days, feels almost like cheating.
    Reflex scope and laser, I used to hate it, now I want it to have my babies.
  3. Posse

I didn't feel much of a difference in the Orion, of course, I almost never hipfire it now, but using it in ADS is pretty much the same as before.

Btw, good for people to finally realize that the Orion is better than the SVA-88, that was probably the most overrated weapon in the game before.
  4. Shanther

Lies Possee lies! SVA master race ftw.
  5. Ganjis

The Ursa feels better at medium range now.
  6. Sanglier-IV

I was a huge Ursa player before the patch. I have an auraxium on it, and was going for a second.

I'm not sure how this can even be possible as the Ursa has barely been nerfed, but it handles like **** now. I switched to the SVA-88 which in my opinion is now the only decent LMG. Because of the kick though, I went with a x1 scope instead of a x2. It handles good up to 25 meters in long bursts, 50 in smaller bursts and over in 2 or 3 rounds max. bursts.

My Vanu Heavy Assault choice from now on would be either the SVA-88 or the NS-15. However, I play vanu because I love the disco vibe it has. Which pretty much doesn't leave a choice anymore. Plus, I paid a lot for that Ursa. Plus, that Ursa looked god damn good.

But the SVA-88 still definitely handles decent.
  7. lilleAllan

GD-22S was FINALLY buffed. The fast reload makes it somewhat worthwhile now.

Also, the EM1 now has 650 bullet velocity. So I'd like to pose this question to SoE balance guys:
    WHY on earth do NC CQC LMG's have higher bullet velocity than mid range weapons like EM6 and GD-22S?
    • Up x 1
  8. Unclematos7

OP, did you know that SVA escaped the .75 ADS blanket nerf?:eek:
  9. Crackulous

It still got nerfed nonetheless.
  10. Bankrotas

SVA needs to get in line after N6 Gauss Saw in the overrated weapon category. Nobody implied SVA-88 (for quite some time best performing LMG) to have a "GOD" title...
  11. MajiinBuu

I've always used the Flare, and it still works great
  12. Shanther

GOD-88?
    • Up x 2
  13. MrEclectic

SViour-88, surely :p
  14. KnightCole

Thats my question to all Long range weapons....DMR, supposedly a longer range, 555ms...Warden, 500ms...

Really SoE?
    • Up x 1
  15. Saool

In terms of VS LMGs I have always found the Orion to be a bit spray and prey. I resently went back to it, post patch and it just felt awkward. The Flare on the other hand is still a joy to use. When ****** out with compensator, forward grip, 2x reflex and soft point ammo it's piss easy to control and is the highest damage per bullet Vanu LMG.

At 250 Certs this gun is a steal. Yes the upgrades will put you back a bit more but it is so very worth it. I messed around with the Ursa but felt it was a 1000 cert poor man's Flare. My big fear now is TR and NC players will realise just how good this thing is and the Nerf calls will start.

Close quarters it's functional but a little unwieldy. But that's why I have a Thanatos.

On the NC side I have only used the Gauss SAW. It's upgraded much like my Flare and still feels same. It needs slightly more control but just rips through anything in its sights. The Jackhammer is on my shopping list for close in work.
  16. vsae

NS-15M feels bit weird. It seems they added a nice touch of horizontal recoil to it now.
  17. vulkkan

I felt zero difference whatsoever (except for slightly smoother handling in the NS-15M) and I still want the Orion on my TR. Paint it red, take away the pew-pew, make it purchaseable with only 3000 certs, I DON'T CARE I WANT AN ORION
  18. Captain Sierra

I play NC. NC LMGs are pigs. It's no better than before, at least it hasn't gotten worse. FEAR MY NC6 GOD SAW!