Changes to LMG's. Experiences

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Shinniok, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Shinniok

As the title says, it would be nice to have a post about the current state of the LMG'S, because the balance has been modified.

My grain of sand: As a VS HA, the SVA-88 is now pretty much USELESS. Pre-patch, i felt it was kind of a tie, maybe even the SVA-88 was better than the Orion. But now the difference is quite obvious. Besides the general nerf to LMG's , the SVA got a INCREASE in the first shot recoil... if u were a user of a SVA-88, you already know that the first shot recoil of the SVA was a little annoying, but with some compensating, it was just fine, awesome gun pre-patch. Now, it is worthless.. i can REALLY feel the kick in the first shot, and killing targets at mid distance is way harder... switching to Orion, the Orion feels like shooting in perfect straight line, no point of comparisson beetween them now, the Orion is the clear winner, IMO.
    If you remove the high velocity ammo from the SVA, it is more mannageable, but still, way worse than Orion.
    I'll miss the 75 bullets clips ):

Share you knowledge !
  2. CaptainAmeda

T9-CARV S is much more viable. It's got less horizontal and vertical recoil now, and it's reload speed it considerably better. It got less hip fire like all the others, but so what, I never used it's hipfire much anyways.
    • Up x 3
  3. Vorxil

It's getting harder to find a good gun it seems. With all LMG CQC viability nerfed to hell, one obviously need to rely on ADS but then they nerf that too. SVA-88 is definitely not going to be viable in neither CQC nor mid-long range, the former due to horrible hipfire and the latter due to recoil madness. Don't even get me started on the 2x+ scopes.

If they're nerfing CQC viability then they should buff mid-long viability. We should be able to lay down effective fire from longer ranges.
    Having extra bullets is nice yes, but they're worthless if we can't kill people with them before they kill us.
    • Up x 2
  4. Shinniok

I feel that the CQC nerf was not THAT bad. An Orion with laser sight is still good.
    The only issue here, is that now i feel that there's no motive to buy any other LMG than the default one ( orion ) if you are a VS HA...
  5. Vorxil

I just feel that the LMGs simply weren't given enough edge against ARs in mid-long range. Additionally, both were nerfed against carbines in CQC as well as SMGs and Shotguns but the LMGs got nerfed harder. Good luck finding a good CQC LMG against those behemoths. It'll be SMG/Shotgun HA all day, everyday. Until they make mid-long range LMGs more viable.

I would kill for bipod...
  6. WantedOne

I used the Ursa before this patch...it just feels...off now.

I'll probably switch back to using the Orion as well.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Honestly, I don't think the changes are that dramatic at all.
    Are you sure it's not a placebo?
    The Orions old first shot recoil multiplier is still about 10% higher than the new SVA-88's, and about 20% higher comparing both new values; and the SVAs sustained recoil over time is less than 2.5% higher than the Orions "thanks" to it's lower firerate.
    It was even lowered by a tiny, tiny bit compared to before.
    To speak nothing of the horizontal recoil, which is lower even per Shot on the SVA-88.

And if you're using HVA, well, that's just ... your problem, man. Learn to lead properly or something.
    • Up x 5
  8. RogueVindicare

They need to give the SVA access to Adv Foregrip. Have you noticed VS have NO LMGs with Adv Foregrip option?
    • Up x 1
  9. Shamrock

I have a gut feeling we are going to be seeing a lot more Shotty/SMG HA's, id just switched to using 3.4 scopes on my LMG's and was enjoying them, but I imagine the new recoil profiles are going to make the red dot dance like a cricket on hot rocks.
  10. Shinniok

Well, when the servers are up, try those two guns, and then tell me. I spent an hour and a half in the VR when the servers were up like 19 hours ago, before SOE closed them down again. And the difference is obvious xD.
    Im not here to raise any point about which gun is better, or whinning about anything, in fact i think that pretty much 95 % of the balance stuff is right. Im just stating the actual differences. You know, to help people? That's why i created this post. And if i certed HVA on my SVA it was pretty much my choice xd, i said it as an extra info, stating that even without HVA ( which was pretty much a must in the SVA ) the gun is still performing poorly.
    Pls post constructive things, like the numbers u showed. Despite that they dont reflect reality xD, as i said, i tested all this stuff, im not making any assumptions or anything ;D.
  11. UnDeaD_CyBorG

As you wish.
    Here is the weapon data; It's the old values, but you can look up the changes in the patch notes and make your way from there.
    Fact, HVA is a rather massive increase in recoil.
  12. Shanther

Per patch notes they barely changed the SVA but when I was testing it out last night in the VR the recoil was doing strange things and the CoF change is rather noticeable at range. That being said...and this is only based of very minor messing around...the SVA is mostly the same. The changes are noticeable though and I don't know if it will remain the "go to gun" it probably will though.
  13. MrEclectic

Went back to the SVA today, and it felt better than I feared. Seemed good, most engagements ~15-30m, had some nice streaks, including a 12. Usual grinder at Regent Rock (48+vs48+). Ofcourse, before the last update, I've been using the Polaris and before that the Pulsar LSW, so anything would feel better compared to those two...

For the time being, I think Orion and SVA are probably the best options.
  14. DeadliestMoon

His post was completely constructive.
  15. Cromell

MSW-R still performs really well (though obviously you need to be more disciplined while hipfiring... i have something like 1300 kills with it so I'm fairly familiar with the gun, I was worried about the nerf but it seems it's nothing I can't adapt to.

T16 Rhino feels almost unchanged. It had a bad hipfire to begin with, and I only used it in medium to long range support role. Still great in that particular usage.

Didn't have time to test TMG-50 yet, but I tested the Bull in VR briefly. I still see no reason to use it.
  16. LukasTheTrickster

Ok don't reply to the thread if you don't care and have nothing constructive so say.
  17. Pie Chasm

TMG-50 is still a beast, of course it never was for hip-fire, so ...
  18. umbrellapower

Pre-patch, the SVA-88 had a FSM of 1.5, which is the lowest possible for an LMG. With the patch, it's now at 1.75, a measly 0.25 increase that still gives the SVA-88 one of the lowest LMG FSMs. If you "REALLY feel the kick in the first shot," it means you've been accustomed to easy mode for far too long and can't deal with Still Really Easy mode.

But the hipfire nerfs? I love it. LMGs should be weaker in CQC than ARs or carbines.
    • Up x 7
  19. janeTEXAS

What about EM6 and T9 Carv?
  20. KnightCole

LMG accuracy has gone to ****. EM6, SAW, T9, CARV-S, GD22S...all those cant fire 10 rounds without blooming out horribly now. Recoil seems alot worse to. LOng range shooting just cant even happen anymore. The bloom on LMGs has been totally destroyed.

T9 CARV Horizontal Recoil is rediculous now as well.......its so damn jumpy cant hit guys 10 feet in front of me.

And I thought this game was the first to make LMGs viable.....they sure took them a step in the wrong direction.

TTK seems horrible now to. Idk if its just really bad SoE coding that has messed up the game or what...but the game has a very..horrid feel to it atm...

The only way an LMG is out doing an AR or Carbine in hipfire is if the AR/Carbine guy sucks and misses alot. Or its the HA Shield outlasting the hipfire. Cuz....umm...no, LMGs are in no way bettr at Hipfire then an AR or Carbine. My AF19 Merc with a laser, while running has a smaller CoF then my EM6 with the same laser stationary. Before and after this patch....sooo....I do gotta say, these nerfs were a bit....well, I can say I didnt see this one coming.