Changes to LMG's. Experiences

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Shinniok, Dec 18, 2013.

1. csp0811

How often do you guys hipfire with most weapons? Im just curious - I don't hipfire with most weapons in most situations. I only do it if i've been caught by surprise by someone who is up in my face and requires 180 degree turns to hit, as ADS moves too slowly in that situation. I find that I don't do as well with ADS anymore, and I was wondering if that might be related to a new increase in hipfire usage.

To clarify, I'll make an example. I'm ADSing with my Carv-S against an engineer with an smg, who is probably hipfiring. The smg has slightly better dpm but more importantly hipfire is very accurate and strafing is fast. Consequently I don't do as well with ADS as I would against an enemy who is also using ADS, and I get headshot more often (headshot 3 times on average vs 1 time normally). I find that I need overshield as a crutch to beat smg users that hipfire.
  2. Rodinvac

Played around a bit with the default Carv: it feels like it rattles a bit more than it did before the patch, but just like before, a Foregrip is all it needs to be very accurate again.
  3. Edelhonk

1: Finally the SVA got it well deserved nerf. This gun had the RoF and DPS of the CARV-S combined with the accuracy and CoF-Bloom of the T32 Bull (that has a much lower RoF/DPS and lesser ammo) with a 0.75 modifier on top. Finally the Devs noticed that this gun was OP.

2. LMGs feel now alot more "in Line". The low RoF/DPS Guns are long range and when the RoF/DPS goes up the accuracy goes down. And that goes for every empire (Reason why the SVA got its nerf (simply it had the accuracy of the LMGs that were one DPS class lower (T32)) and the CARV-S got its buff (simply cause it had the accuracy of LMGs that were one DPS class higher (CARV)).

Now you got one or two LMGs for every duty instead of one swiss-knife-gun.

let me explain it at TR guns

For fights over bigger ranges you get the T32.

The TMG 50 and the T16 are the one LMGs for engagments where you are a little bit closer. TMG comes with better DPS and more ammo and T16 with the same DPS but alot more ammo but both are a little bit less accurate then the T32.

The CARV-S is now the real new "in the middle" Gun...or Jack-of-all-trades-but-master-of-none. It has more DPS then the T32, TMG and T16 but lower accuracy. It can be fitted with a lot of attachments to specialize the gun a little bit , but it will never reach the perfomance of the Mastersguns in their areas.

The CARV and the MSW-R are now a-lot more close range. With the MSW-R a little bit more accurate (hipfire and ADS) but with only half the ammo the CARV comes with.
  4. Shinniok

Very informative guys, keep it coming !
    I have a question for any VS: I have allways sued LMG's . Are carbines good? I'm looking for something usefull in the mid to long range, which is the range i preffer to play!
  5. KnightCole

But that doesnt help the NC or the newbs to the NC.

Gauss SAW is still horrid recoil but now has an even worse CoF bloom.

Other LMGs have worse CoF bloom and same ROF. Idk, I can sorta make the EM6 still work but I do notice the changes lowered it's overall effectiveness.
  6. ghostwalkn

LA1 Anchor feels tighter (bloom). It still has the same distinct recoil tracking, but even more scalpel. Hipfire is slightly effected, range is 15M max (safely 10M, earlier I could peg somebody at 20M easily). It's not so much the higher numbers as it is the combined effect with the lessened ALS. It still works in hip fire in panic situations, but it's not like the M4 in CSGO anymore
  7. SniperCzar

On the other hand, I can actually hipfire my GD-7F and kill things pretty reliably now. I guess this is how TR guns have always felt?

Seriously... playing NC almost exclusively, I'd forgotten what hipfire was.
  8. LandoCommando

As an NC player I have zero sympathy for the TR and VS affected by the changes.
    The only time the SAW could ever be hip fired was if the barrel was stuck in the enemies cheek.
  9. Shinniok

Ners were not just hipfire. In fact i pretty much never hipfire. There were other nerfs :3
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

If you're looking for longer ranges, Carbines are probably not where to look, though the Pulsar C will do a decent job at it.
    I've linked the stats for you to peruse.
    Assault Rifles are probably a better game, most are more accurate, though the Ursa will do good as well, as will (still) the SVA-88, and probably the Polaris.
  11. Odin

yes welcome to the balance train, all aboard were getting there lol
  12. Edelhonk

As mainly (95% of my playtime) TR and HA i have no Problem with the current changes. LMGs feel better imo. If you wanna hipfire there are still LMGs you can choose.
  13. bubbacon

Same here, quite pleased with the changes to TR. MSW-R is still great. Carv-S is some what reliable now. The Bull even seems a tad better, but like some of the others stated, I was pretty much an ADS player 95% of the time unless I got surprised bumping into someone around a corner and resorted to hip fire. I suppose the ppl that used hip fire alot prolly felt the changes more so than I did.
  14. Psykmoe

My experiences with NC LMGs:

SAW basically the same, who cares about the hipfire on this?

SAW S: Basically the same but very happy about velocity buff - I run this with SPA to give myself an edge up close and higher base velocity helps make up for the velocity lost to SPA. About the same, still the LMG with the least unique users, no one cares.

Anchor: Slight hipfire loss, but increased short-mid range versatility since they tamed its recoil some. On balance, I like the change.

GD-22S: 2.2 short reload is blazing fast, recoil recovery faster than other LMGs now makes bursting even better/easier, even easier to control recoil. Great buff for a cheap gun that should appeal to new players or part-time HAs on a budget who don't want to blow 400~ certs to make the SAW good.

EM6: Still the same gun, longer long reload. You weren't running into the long reload a lot on a 100 round mag, were you?

EM1: No longer the worst recoil of any 652rpm/143 gun, hooray. Still the worst hipfire of any gun with the Adv. Laser option. But the recoil adjustment made it easier to handle, and 650m/s base velocity means even with SPA the velocity is still good. EM1 with exmags is a legit short-mid range option that has access to nearly 400 rounds with only a 3.5 second short reload period. Not our best LMG, but a lot better than it was. Some of the best uptime of any infantry gun now.
  15. MajiinBuu

My Flare feels the same
    Love that raw damage
  16. ghostwalkn

Here's the consensus for NC:

God SAW: Most Damaging and Longest Range LEARNING CURVE

GD22: Least expensive, easy recoil, good at close or med-long (laser or grip?) NO COMP 50 MAG

Gauss S: 250 certs, best medium range with SPA and moderate recoil 75 MAG

EM1: highest RoF, lowest recoil, quickest reload, SPA, good close-med range, NO 2X RDS, NO COMP

EM6: close-med - can equip 200 rnd mag w/o sacrificing too much accuracy (use grip with HVA for long)

Anchor: best choice for suppressed use, tightest hip-fire, premier close range NO 2X RDS NO COMP 50 MAG LEARNING CURVE
  17. zedfonsie

As a VS HA I can say nothing changed about my sva-88, it still feels as good as it was before the patch.
    • Up x 1
  18. Shanther

I can tell they changed the Moving ADS CoF, I am constantly having to remind myself to burst fire a little more if I am strafing and shooting at mid range. Otherwise yeah the SVA is the same. The Orion on the other hand that thing can get a bit out of hand at times if you are not very focused on using it correctly.
  19. that_darn_lurker

The SVA-88 feels off. The added first shot recoil has killed it for me. I've been playing my TR alt more since this patch and I'm enjoying myself a lot more. Truthfully, VS never really clicked for me until I discovered the SVA88, and now I feel like a VS noob all over again.
  20. Corvus Corax

you have seen the light....