Chaingun Post-Patch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Rougen

MCG 100% accurate?????? I'm not sure where you get that from, anything beyond sticking it up someones **** bullets go everywhere, the only way to keep the reticle small-ish is by not firing full auto, and then you may as well use an LMG. The reticle goes from a 50p piece on the screen to the size of a tea plate if you wind it up to full speed, there is no way people could kill you at distance with it A n infil before you get them.

Yes it will be 100% accurate if you stand a couple of feet from someone in a door way, but then do you expect the bullets to fly directly vertical when someone is stood on top of you?

Why do people always whine about the opposing factions weapons when you get killed with it? There's tons of enemy weapons I hate, but just get on with it, for the most part, things are fairly balanced, it just doesn't seem like it when you come up against the a better class and load out for the given situation.
  2. ReformerTR

Moral of the story is : don't take on a heavy assault as an infiltrator and expect to win
  3. Negator

didnt zaps and nuc basically die?
  4. Jawarisin

NUC and TIW did, although they hold their standards of score quite high anyways. So they are still at the top of the leaderboard. But yes, in general, they are not what they used to be.
  5. SpectreGhostWTR

so the spawncamper is helping his team? and while he get's his 20 kills, the cap/gen timer runs down and sooner or later the base is lost. the guys he killed just respawn at the nearest sundy/beacon/gal. his team mates won't rush the point (or they would be the "crab that dyes trying to take a gen"). the team mates of this other guy however will follow him and a medic will pick him up or 1 guy might make it to the gen/cap point. the value for the team is way higher, if you leave the spawn. i've never seen a spawnroom warrior to win a battle. but i've seen loads of guys leaving the spawnroom and inspiring others to follow them and actually win the base back. so yes, the guy leaving the spawn (even if he dies) is more valuable than the guy staying inside.

back to the topic of my original post:
    it was about the skill needed to get that KD. the spawncamper's 20.0 KD isn't reflecting his skill and neither is the lower KD of the guy running out of the spawn :)
  6. Negator

Zaps did too.
  7. Danath

Wasn't this thread about the Chaingun? :p
    I got the auraxium medal on it pre-patch. My highest kill per min gun, and that's despite I was using it even in non-ideal situations because I wanted the auraxium medal.
    Now? Meet a HA with a SMG in a Biolab. We start shooting each other and strafing. He runs out of bullets and reloads while I keep shooting. He finishes the reloading and kills me. Really?
    Get the jump on a HA using a medkit, so I start shooting while he is still switching to his LMG. I die o_O I thought I was having a high ping, but no, below 100. Certainly not going to use it anymore.