Chaingun Post-Patch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Dahwhatsdat???

No it isn't. Neither experience nor skill can be quantified or measured so easily. Those statistics you posted are nothing more then that, statistics. They don't tell how the person earned them. They aren't perfect windows into how effective that player may or may not be on the battlefield. For all you know that BR10 just held a cap point all by himself in the face of significant opposition or placed two bricks of C4 so perfectly that it destroyed the tank that would have killed his entire squad. For all those stats tell you he may die horribly a thousand times but do one thing so right that he actually turns the tide of battle. My examples may seem far fetched but people can and do accomplish feats of that level. They don't even need to be terribly skilled to do so. I am, and consider myself to be, a decidedly average player yet even I have my moments where I as an individual occasionally make a difference in the grander scheme of things. Stats wouldn't tell you that. Nor do they reflect the myriad of other factors that all play a part in what I just described. So please don't insult us by judging how "skilled" we are just based on our stats. You have not the slightest hint of a clue as to how skilled we may be. To suggest otherwise is presumptuous in the extreme.
    • Up x 1
  2. GhostAvatar

Funny thing is, people can also look up your stats also. So I wouldn't be bringing them up if I was you.
  3. Jawarisin

Not ashamed of mine, If you want them here they are for my main gun: Kills per minute 1.7, k/d r something round 3, accruacy 34%, Headshot rate 20%, kills 2600. enjoy
  4. Gutseen

i hope that's not infl. only stats
  5. Robertooooo

6. FieldMarshall

I dont know how to give constructive feedback when you use words like "100% accuracy" "near insta-kill at range" and "Chaingun OP"...
    • Up x 2
  7. Jawarisin

8. Robertooooo

9. Hoki

I find it good advice to disregard all weapon whines for at least 2 months after it becomes "OP".

I remember when shotguns, the NS revolvers, and the bolt-action buff were all going to ruin the game.The forumside sky was falling.

Nah, its just new.
    • Up x 2
  10. iXaNx

Bash everyone cuz of their stats = legit defense, bro, if you wanna shut people up, dont gimme stats , i dont care for **** , Record a video of you, 10 minutes long, no edits , just using the MCG
  11. Hiding in VR

If you main SMG Inf and DON'T comment on the up-coming HA nerf then I salute you! You are practically unique!

EDIT: Just come from the HA forum and found a few posts like this...
    *sigh* :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  12. TheFamilyGhost

Battle of the nerfbabies. I am ashamed for you...you know not what you do.
  13. Nobalification

So, you said MCG is OP but you don´t try it. This gun killed you so much time when TR HA try this weapon with new augmentation. Seems legit heretic.
  14. SpectreGhostWTR

@ Jawarisin: are you serious?

1. K/D is pointless. the guy standing in the spawnroom or farming with vehicles or MAXes has a K/D higher than his actual skill, so don't use K/D as a measure for skill. btw 2.27 isn't "near 3" ^^
    2. Kills or score per hour is just the same. depends on what stuff you use and how/where you play. some people don't like spamming spawnrooms or farming and rather want to play tactical smaller battles. those guys get lower kills per hour but have way more skill than the farm boys.
    3. BEFORE you say something is OP, try it. seriously, try it. not in VR, go to a real battle. try the MCG and then realise that it isn't OP at all. it never was. rather few people used it before the changes (that's why SOE changed it, to make it useful), now they added an attachment taking the same slot as the ext mag (most used attachment before) and many people still use ext mag even now. the way you describe the MCG sounds like you got killed by it a few times but never actually used it (at least outside of VR).
    4. SMG infiltrator is your favourite class/loadout? oh how many people complain about THAT to be OP^^
    5. strange that MCG had 100% accuracy and most people couldn't hit stuff with it, we must all be ubernoobs.

TL;DR: always funny to see people play 1 class exclusively and then tell us about how OP stuff from other classes and factions are. my advice is simple: TRY the stuff you think is OP ingame, not in VR. get a real 2-sided opinion (fight with it and against it) and i guess we'll not see a thread like this again. but still thanks, i had a lot of fun reading through this, hoping to the last moment, that you just wrote that stuff here for the lulz
    • Up x 3
  15. Jawarisin

1. I was talking about the weapon in general, for which my k/d is needs to be padded upwards. But you seem slightly ignorant of that kind of stuff, so I'll simply redirect you to www.dasanfall.com great website

2- If they were doing spawn hero, their kills per hour and score/hour gets way lower. And if they go for tiny fights and were actually good, their k/d would be way higher.

3 - Tried it in VR, most effective weapon yet I've seen. Otherwise, - no comment.

4- With low graphics on? Tottaly agreed, since I recently changed my graphic settings to allow myself a better fps in big fights, I had to buy darklight on my secondaries to see an infiltrator. Gives me a harder time against them. Lucky me the average is pretty low, so the magshot seems to work often enough :). Otherwise, until we blow up vehicles, not really OP.

5- Yeah, you can't really say the average is great. And how many times did I point out it was for good players? too many for you to read it apparently.

TL;DR - Haha, everything you said was basically useless except trying it out as a TR in an actual battle. I'll take the VR for reference, and with the CoF I'll assume you can't really miss. I love you too!
  16. ObsidianRus

Have an auraxium on it. On the old one. Though it was long ago i still remember my impressions.
    It is nowhere near an accurate weapon. Though some kind of regular lmg accuracy may be achieved during the spinup. When expecting a point blank engagement - spinup time almost kills chamnces of a success. I prefer to pull out a comissioner. Not a completely bad wepon, it has some uses, like maybe with allias around to suppress a doorway, but in terms of kills in most situations other lmgs would do better.
    Definately not op. Not even close.
  17. SpectreGhostWTR

1. and again, K/D is pointless, no measurement for skill, no measurement for for the weapon itself. players have different ways of playing and this is reflected by KD (as well as the other stats). some players have awesome KDs with bad weapons and the other way around. but having a high KD doesnt mean you're a good players, you know farm boys have usually an above average KD....are they good players by skill? nope. stay in a spawnroom kill 20 people and get a KD of 20. no skill involved. and players who play for team and objective MAY have lower KDs, they die trying to get to a cap point or generator.
    2. see it this way: spawncamper kills 5 people then dies - KD 5. some other player dies while fighting a real battle, kills 5 people dies twice - KD 2.5...which is the better player? see what i mean now? stats depend mostly on the fight you choose and the way you play. i've seen bad players with a KD of 3+ and awesome players with a KD of 2. KD =/= skill. same for the other stats. skill cannot be measured in stats, that simple ;) planetside2 isn't like "UT deathmatch" where everyone has the same stuff and killing is the objective. planetside has infantry, vehicles, air and objectives like capping bases, defenders and attackers,...too many variables.
    3. tried burst fire carbine in VR, felt awesome shooting those non-moving, non-nanoweave puppies at close ranges that won't even fight back. trialed it ingame and it felt WAY different. VR =/= ingame
    4. the point isn't the graphics. even on ultra settings a cloaked infiltrator is less visible than a normal soldier. especially at night. the combination of cloak (aka easier to get close) and SMG (aka CQC weapon) is what people are complaining about. and certainly a pain for all the poor low setting guys :(
    5. come on, you can't balance something by only looking at a few top players (never saw ANY with 100% accuracy on the MCG) and at the same time ignore the average players.

conclusion: just read what ObsidianRus said
  18. Gutseen

so if a spawnguy kills 20 guys and gives tactical advantage for the team (enemy has to spawn) is bad and the crab that dyes trying to take a gen out is good (mission failed)
  19. Sinistersmith

Huh. Well, before the patch, it had basically 100% accuracy for first couple shots while ADSing. Guess what? ALL WEAPONS WITH ADS HAVE PRACTICALLY 100% ACCURACY FOR FIRST COUPLE SHOTS WHILE ADSing!

Secondly, the TTK when spun up is around the number that SOE loves: .5 and because of the spin up, it is drastically increased. Other weapons don't have such a bad ttk except for the lasher(Suppression based weapon, so that makes sense) and a shotgun passed roughly 20-30m.

Finally, the ADS COF was recently changed to have a fixed cof. So we can't hit anything passed roughly 40m and expect to kill them.
    • Up x 1
  20. dreamcast87

Regardless whether PS2 dev team buffs/nerfs the T7 Mini Chain Gun I'll always love it, the sound it makes is very relaxing and therapeutic for me. Every TR Heavy Assault should be using this with the BRRT I've actually been winning more 1 on 1 gun fights than before. You do have to pay attention to your ammo clip now though but I adapted to it quickly.