Ceres - The larger outfits.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Jun 11, 2013.

1. SizeDoesMatt

You are right.
    As an EvE Online veteran i really avoid playing in outfits other than my own (1-man-army) or joining platoons. Most of the platoon leaders lack leadership skills, but its also a problem of the player base and their non existent skill. If you see a Medic or an Engi you cant be sure that this guy knows how to play and you cant rely on him, even if he has an outfit tag of a well known outfit.

While EvE Online rewarded a better performance of your group with a higher reward PS2 is not really rewarding it - only your personal performance (certs). If you take a look back at all the FPS games and their player base, the player base of PS2 is somehow different.

In EvE (not FPS) players are forced into collaboration / teamplay. Leaders who cant lead wont be doing it a second time. Players who suck will be booted from the group. But in PS2 nobody cares for nothing. If you command players to do this or that they will more likely leave the squad / platoon because they dont want to follow orders and some arent even capable of following orders. There is not much to expect from TR outfits on Ceres.

(no intention to promote EvE Online. Played it for three years, it sucks. Dont play it!)
  2. IamSalvation

Not true.. i know for sure that TRID and OWND on Cobalt have lots more than 200 Members...
  3. Torok

I like where this is going and I've only read one page as of now!
    Rage two reminds me that we need some ******* Server Forums, i still miss them from Warhammer online
    terrytheguy could use someone on his side aswell! he's one vs all!
    • Up x 1
  4. TerryTenMen

You can be on my side Torok! I dont see any whining or crying from you on Ceres!
  5. Torok

I'm fine thanks, but hey i've got some spare over here that i can share with you, want some?
    [IMG]
  6. Backf1re

How strange to force one self to play which he does not enjoy.

I played EVE for just under 5 years, and loved every minute. But back on topic, PS2 is a whole different game; your input and reflexes decide if you get a kill or be killed. In EVE it's completely different for obvious reasons (unless you have not played it), it's an MMO with a different interface and function. Click, click, etc...

This also caters to a whole different genre of gamers, as some enjoy MMOs while others enjoy FPS. So there is no reason to compare the two, as they are miles apart in design and gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  7. WUNDER8AR

As for the VS, I played with DORA on Amerish a couple of times recently, and it was...interesting. We were not really participating in the largest battles on a continent, probably mainly due to us being vastly outnumbered pretty often. We were one Platoon consisting of around 20-25 players for the most part. So there wouldn't of been a point in fighting against a massive enemy zerg. Instead we had small scale ops, quick and effective. I didn't experience a Biolab or any other sort of farm. Actually there was a lot of situations that probably would of made up for a good farm. I would have loved to stay and farm away, but redeploy orders arrived incredibly quickly. Not sure whether DORA is actually one of the larger VS outfits on Ceres. I see their tags quite regularly when I'm playing TR though, and also in large(ish) battles every now and again. The only other VS outfit I consistantly see in bigger fights is TFDN.
  8. Reavx

Yea man.
    I played EVE also off and on since 2006 and the so called 'leaders' I see about these parts are a complete and utter joke.
    I suggested to my old Outfit things they could do to improve them selves and the out fit and was practicaly lynched as it would impact their 'casual' playstyle.
    Yea casual playstyle when most of them played every day for at least 6 hours.

They were just simple lazy and did not want to put effort into something that could be more than a mindless zerg of simple minded rejects.

The opportunity for such awesome epic things in PS2 is huge yet hardly anyone bothers.
  9. xvader

One problem I've witnessed and still experiment to this day, while soloing and while playing in a platoon, is that in PlanetSide 2 it is harder (compared say to PlanetSide 1) to redeploy a platoon, heck, even one person, from one place to another if they are far apart.

This brings problems to any platoon leader. Of every empire.

A simple example: Indar. Capture 3 BioLabs Alert. Saurva up north, Rashnu to the east, Allatum West-Central-West.

Say NC controls Allatum and Rashnu. TR controls Saurva. VS controls nothing but is heavily attacking NC at Rashnu. TR is holding off NC at Saurva. Allatum is "safe".

Some VS decides to be smart and attack Allatum to split up NC defenders and weaken them at Rashnu! Oh noes, Allatum is under attack and NC has to send 1 platoon from Rashnu to get over there to defend ASAP.

Out of luck. The way the spawn system/redeploy works now it can take that NC platoon a ******** of time to get there. Right now you have limited spawning options based on how many bases you control from your redeployment place. If NC controls plenty of territory near Rashu ; only the bases near Rashnu and, of course, their WG will be available for redeployment. So in order to get to Rashnu they have to: redeploy to WarpGate to get a Gal; drive all they way to Allatum or respawn in the nearest outpost which can still be very freaking far away. In other words, they pretty much lost it, not because of they didn't want to defend it, but because they options to defend in it promptly are not given to them by SoE. By the time they get there, they, maybe have 4 mins or less to take all adjacent outposts AND make the recap.

In other words, redeployment options, in this game are sooo unpredictable, sometimes lacking, that makes it VERY HARD to coordinate full fledged platoon movements from one place to the other.

In PlanetSide 1 you had a spawn/redeploy option called the Manual Bind. From PS1 webpage:
    One common question you asked to your platoon upon login to PS1 was: "Were are we bound." You then procedeed to bind there and go do your stuff.

In this example you could have that same NC platoon have a bind (assuming they controlled it) at Vanu Archives or TI Alloys. Or any case, closer to Allatum. That would at least make the deployment faster while not converting it in a sure victory.
    ----
    The other things I have noted from VS. I am sure it happens in NC and TR. Is that for everything that is holy. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE ENEMY HAS 5 MINS OR LESS REMAINING IN THEIR TIMER TO WIN TO ASK FOR HELP. Recognizing the degree of a threat is very difficult. Granted. But sometimes I just witness calls for help with 120 secs remaining for the enemy to win. That will not work. Bettter safe than sorry guys.

TLDR - SoE please improve redeployment options in this game so that it is easier moving a platoon from place to place without making it overpowered. While PS2 has some good options for redepolyment, sometimes, they are too restrictive and limited in distance. Not to mention that they are inconsistent. In PS1 I always knew what my redeployment options were. With its faults and its advantages.

Xvader
    AKA. Calcante -VS Ceres.
  10. Reavx

I agree the deployment options are very limited.

When NC own most of the map I sometimes find my self picking up my Reaver for a simple taxi if I want to snipe some stuff.
    It is a pain.

Other things can be done to show better leadership though and none of the outfits are doing a good job of that atm.

Am I going to help fix this? No. I told my self I would not join another outfit on this game, at least for a very long time.
    I am having much more fun solo.
    However with the new faction transfer coming if you want to keep the server healthy you better pick up your A game or else any decent player will simply leave and this server will become a graveyard.
  11. SwordofCyric

During one of the recent alerts, I think it was on Amerish, Vanu was operating really great on the strategic level.

The came out of nowhere and pushed us out of no less than three hexes where most of us where just waiting for the inevitable switch to our control so that they could move one. Suddenly we went from chilling until the capture was complete to hard fighting vs. a Vanue force that wasn't there a second ago to be pushed out and seeing the territory sliding safely back to Vanu.

It really seemed as if there was a large and well drilled "emergency response team" just to go to hexes soon to be lost and prevent it. They even saved one hex at 8 seconds left before it would have been ours.

In the end they won with over 40% and that was basically thanks to this "response team". If we had gotte these three hexes, it would be 6% more for us and 6% less for them, turning 42% vs 30% into a 36% vs. 36% draw

In general I find Vanu to be the worst opponents on Ceres. Against TR we have intense battles that go one way or another. Against Vanu we also have intense battles, but it feels like 70% of them ending with Vanu winning.

I can almost hear my K/D hit the floor when having to fight Vanu as everybody is [ORC] and [DORA] and not a single one seems to be below BR 60+

Maybe it's just bad luck, but I try to get to the TR front whenver possible.
  12. HappyT

Yes, Thank you for breaking the stereotype. Someone actually took time to investigate what DORA is doing and what we are about. We pretty much gave up from talking sense into everybody else since they are so eager to blame us for unsuccessful alert "Look DORA is farming biolabs again". What I've experienced in this outfit as a member and occasionally platoon leader is that as soon as I or someone of the officers say "redeploy..." you will see members of our outfit on killscreen doing suicides and quickly appearing on new platoon waypoint. So when you think the base is yours think again because DORA just might appear and turn the tide.
    • Up x 1
  13. RoMoronik666

I solo on Ceres.

I havent found an outfit which seems to have any plans or tactical ability. i'm all up for for following orders, but the only orders are 'follow the waypoint'.
  14. Greddy

You should hear HBW voice, very sexy voice.... hahahahaha!
    • Up x 1
  15. MrMurdok

Oh, what do we have here.
  16. TerryTenMen

Where is this "abuse" you keep talking about? If you take me saying that I dont think VS aren't very good in Ceres or that I don't think you are vey good as abuse, then that's your issue, you are clearly overly sensitive.

As for your other theory, you think Wackoo had time to rush to BR 100 as well as make a character on the same server and faction(why would you do it's?) an level that to 74? Completely ridiculous!

As for hotblackwoman, stick to creating names, it's what Ur best at
  17. HappyT

What is going on? This game is not even that much competitive. It's a grindy mmofps. I would hate to see this community follow the steps of dota community into one of the most toxic communities out there. Just chill out, play your game.
  18. TerryTenMen

What can I say, some people engage in a bit of friendly banter in the game, some people take it a bit too seriously and like to get abusive, write massive essays on the forum and concoct wild theories on people having dual identities.

Luckily you and most of DORA can take a joke in game an engage in a bit of friendly faction banter
  19. HappyT

I eat trash talk for breakfast. :D
  20. TerryTenMen

You dont want to do that, whiney forum essays and fabrications are the way to go nowadays.