Ceres - The larger outfits.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Konfuzfanten

So i have a question for our larger outfits on Ceres, mainly Vanu but also TR and NC.

Do you have a standing order not to engage larger enemy forces or is it just by weird coincidence?

Let me give you some examples from today/tonight:

Vanu owned Regent Rock Garrison: +48 TR(75% pop) vs 12-24 Vanu
    at the same time...
    TR owned Allatum Botany Wing: +48 vanu (95% pop) vs 1-12 TR, vanu had fought at small force of TR at snake ravine and then moved to botany wing and capped that while we lost Regent Rock after 6-7 mins of fighting.

VS owned Crossroad watchtower: +48 TR (65% pop) vs 24-48 vanu
    at the same time...
    In the North of a rashnu biolap: one zone with 24-48 vanu and one zone with +48 vanu with no real NC forces.
    We lost Crossroad after 8-9 mins, while we had 1-2 platoons ghostcapping the territory between rashnu and Mao tech. NC only started to defend when our zerg go to the actual tech plant.

VS owned Esamir Munitions Corp: 24-48 NC(+90% pop in zone) vs 1-12 friendlies.
    at the same time...
    NC owned Freyr Amp Station: 24-48 friendlies (90% pop in zone) vs 1-12 NC
    Then we, vanu, capped Freyr and moved away from Munitions Corp.

VS owned Snowshear Watchtower: +48 NC(+95%) vs 1-12 friendlies
    at the same time...
    VS owned Andvari biolap: +48 vanu(+95%) vs 1-12 NC.
    This lasted for 3-4 min before NC capped Snowshear. Vanu not moving out of Andvari.

And many more examples.

I took these 4 examples because i would like to ask the larger vanu, TR and NC outfits on Ceres:
    Do you deliberately like to zerg down bases of very little resistance and avoid fighting the other larger outfits or is there an actually good explanation?

Note:
    The examples are taken when there were no alerts or cont locks.
  2. TerryTenMen

The only time large VS forces are seen against high populations are bio lab/ tower defences. Nowhere else. Never see them actually attack a largely populated base
  3. gigastar

The only two things i can count on for VS leadership on Ceres theese days if for [DORA] to be farming a biolab, and for [VEP] to be full of confused zerglings without a hivemind to direct them.

[DKCD] is a dead outfit, most in there with a shred of autonomy left for other outfits.

[UVG] and [VQD] turn up around the place, but theyve shrunk to the point where theyve actually merged to stay competitive.

And if im not in charge of the [TFDN] platoon, and i havent been for the last couple of days, then i need to start grinding heels as to why all that is being allowed to happen...
  4. Greddy

Because platoonleaders want to cap territories fast and easy. There is no real tactical leaders, who can direct people how to fight. There are leaders that play this game as a chessboard game, and just tell people where to go.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gisgo

This.
    Lot of babbling in the chat, not enough bullets flying.

I would expect a leader to do things like deploying and defending a sundy and requesting a second one to be deployed in a particular place to better surround the enemies... but nope, they are too busy playing risk on the map to bother fighting.
  6. Nyscha

It's the games fault.

People just want certs and capping fast things quickly without dying = lots of certs.
  7. Greddy

LOL, if they want certs fast, the fastest way is to fight! Fast capping only yields at maximum 100xp/min. Just go by fighting alone yields you minimum 300xp/min
  8. W0rthy

Hi

UVG definately tries to attack and defend against enemies oftentimes twice our size. That makes for some cool battles.

However we're stretched thin due to pop but also lately due to having much fewer numbers because the weather is good and such things. And for whatever reason NC and TR pop doesn't seem to be as heavily affected by this.

So we don't have a full platoon going most of the time, which means that when facing say 2 squads we can't split up the squads to various areas and have to punch through one installation at a time.

Which means that we're oftentimes bogged down in certain areas trying to punch through or doing our best defending against twice our numbers most of the time, whilst huge zergs are sitting in biolabs and whatnot, trying to farm rather than gain/defend territory or spreading out in a coordinated fashion.

Therefore imo the pop numbers in installation battles which you describe, is more accredited to non outfit players or people with the philosophy that they get more certs from camping a specific installation than they do taking the fight to the enemy.

In general imo the outfits don't really sit at biolabs but actually try to make stuff happen. And the solution might be to join the various outfits to help make more of a coordinated effort.

Eventhough we have very skilled players, numbers is a big part of planetside especially when vehicles and aircrafts are utilized, and there are limits to what you can achieve without these numbers. You can do well as infantry against vastly superior numbers, but when prowlers with 3 engies for each or libs/esf's and such are pulled things get dicey.

So when the coordinated outfits don't have those numbers but the zerg does, well then you end up with a tough situation for the faction.

Yesturday we spent about 3 hours during primetime just trying to get to and secure our native biolab before pushing crimson bluff, because people zerg up and camp crossroads and such instead of fanning out. We did manage to succeed but it was a pretty intense fight.

So i think we're doing pretty decent with what we have available.
  9. TerryTenMen

3 hours to secure a bio lab?!? You're VS, just spawn 20 ZOE's.... Job done
  10. Nyscha

ZOE whining is old now.
    • Up x 1
  11. Exoz

For us in DORA we ALWAYS go where we're outnumbered and needing help, we generally never go with the zerg unless it's of actual importance, but once we can see the zerg can handle it we move out and go somewhere else. We enjoy the challenge of fighting while being outnumbered and pushing it to see how far we can go.

I can also tell you that attacking into bases such as biolabs or tower bases with spread apart control points is quite hard if they are being defended properly, so any platoon leader with half a clue will not attack into it and either wait for the population on that base to disperse or attack somewhere else and try to pull them away.

Nobody wants to get farmed, and if you attack into a base that's easily defendable where they already got the numbers and are set up with tanks/aircraft already spawned it's ineffective. The way to play is to play proper defense and have the other faction hit a brick wall, it discourages them and it makes them spread out after a while of attacking a well defended base. Picking your fights is a big part in this game, well it used to be, now that the lattice system will go to all continents, it will be only about following the magic line

As long as VS responds properly to defend border areas of influence that are being hit hard by the enemy, It will be fine, I can notice that people are realizing that defense is very important and are responding better these days.
    • Up x 1
  12. TerryTenMen

ZOE whining may be old, but until its nerfed it will carry on! Also my point was pretty valid, all VS need to do is spawn them to win!

DORA don't like to be farmed? Had me fooled :)
  13. Exoz

Below you have all VS outfits with over 200 members worldwide, check the kills per member, we don't get farmed, and if we EVER do, it's because we're trying to delay something before an alert finishes or something along those lines. I appreciate people's opinions but at least be somewhat informed about what you're saying. But I guess that's hard to expect in a day and age where people just spew bs without ever checking up on actual facts because everyone like to have an opinion and it doesn't matter how accurate it is.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. AlexTurner

I'm new with this game I join TFDN because they have a platoon up most of the time. And they are really friendly and helpful for a newcomer like me. I just follow order and waypoint.
  15. TerryTenMen

My comment was a bit if banter, all that table shows is that you have a lot of members with very average k/d. To be fair though DORA are more useful than other VS outfits on Ceres
  16. Prownilo1

Yay! i'm useful!

Counter point! KD is a terrible stat to compare, it means little, and ESPECIALLY if you are a DORA member since our preferred means of transportation is /suicide (Re-deploy just takes too long and suicideing has 0 consequences other than a meaningless KD stat)
  17. TerryTenMen

Your glorious leader started posting k/d tables, not me!

At least DORA can enjoy a bit of banter in game as well, unlike some worthless others in this thread who have a crying fit anytime they receive a tell
    • Up x 1
  18. W0rthy

"TerryTenMen"

Nobody asked to or wants to talk to you or hear the **** you have to say on a constant basis when you try to provoke people because you're terrible, and you and your little group are constantly laughed at for being ridiculous. Go away you won't be missed.. because you're a pos that has nothing valuable to say whatsoever, nor do you have any positive contribution to the human race, you only waste peoples time with your stupidity and your superimposed narcisistic behaviour, and quite frankly you need to be smacked in the head with a stick and learn some manners.

And since you have been ignored in game, you like to participate in threads here in the forum to troll people with stupid 2-3 line replies. Hopefully the forum admins will revoke your priveledges in the future. You're a good example why freedom of speech is quite frustrating sometimes when in the hands of complete morons hellbent on harassing others.

Get lost Masakr
  19. TerryTenMen

And there we have a prime example of a crying fit!! I was talking to DORA who u could learn a lot from, so run along and take some screenshots of how "good" you are

I see you edited your post afterwards! I am not Masakr and have never spoken to him, can't say I've even noticed him on TR
  20. gloowa

Yay! i'm useful! <- NOT sarcasm

And yeah, /suicide is the fastest vehicle in PS2.

And what's wrong with that?