Calling all Liberator Pilots!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Nov 24, 2015.

1. LodeTria

Regarding the squad sundie isn't just a counter to libs, it's a counter to everything. Nothing can really stand up to several heavys/maxes jumping out of a sundie to kill anything that attacks their sunide. Very few people do it but it's almost guaranteed death to literally anything that isn't 300m+, and if they happen to VS you're basically screwed no matter what.

I've only ever seen it a few times, but as soon I saw them all jump out, my battlebus or Liberator was always dead after.

All the other things can be done with 1 or 2 people.
  2. Alexkruchev

My apologies, I wrote that early and didn't consider the context of your reply.
    • Up x 1
  3. Alexkruchev

All good tactics- however, these require disproportionate nanite and personnel investments to counter one individual target. Nevermind that these tactics require being heavily proactive. Certainly, an AA bus plus 2-3 heavies or 2-3 bursters will melt any single liberator- but the MAX units alone cost more than the Liberator. And even without maxes that's taking 3-5 people and a pile of nanites to counter (assuming the Liberator doesn't have his eyes on the ground) 2-3 people and a similar pile of nanites. Sure, it works, but it's not a practical thing that the same number of people can pull and not be helpless and left with a near useless pile of certs for the other faction's armor and heavy squads.

What I would like to see is -effective- air killing anti air. Right now, no single class or vehicle on the ground can reliably take down a Liberator one v one, nanite for nanite, and not be useless once it has killed said liberator.
    • Up x 2
  4. Gundem

Come on people, read the rules of the thread. I'm close to starting the project, as soon as I'm done you'll have all the 1-man counters you can stomach(To a degree).
  5. Jawarisin

I honestly think this thing is a waste of time. Been tried before but people got pre-conceived ideas. And they are all "master pilots" who know everything about the air. IF ONLY it wasn't for those skyknights using fire suppression.. they'd win every fight.

That being said, my potatoe can't handle recording anything decently, but if you need a pilot I can do it.
  6. Gundem

I do agree to an extent, but at the very least, anyone discussing aircraft will have some ground to stand on, rather then just getting pelted left and right with completely baseless claims about how Liberators are invincible. Then, if they don't listed, ignore em, they can't be saved.

But, if you can spare the time, install the PTS! I'll likely be doing most of the recording, but I need people to perform regular vehicle functions. Hope to see you soon!
  7. Jawarisin

Ah, I can help you on Live, but I don't think I'll install PTS. We'll see.

But you really can't save them. I tried, but it just doesn't work. Well, I'll let you see for yourself though I'll do what I can to help.
  8. Imp C Bravo

1 Man counters to Libs

1. An ESF with longer ranged weapons
    2. Solo Lib w/ Tankbuster
    3. Dumbfire rockets (IF the lib is NOT using a Dalton)
    4. 1 skyguard
    5. 1 burster max (IF said MAX has cover to jump into -- OR the Lib IS using a dalton)
    6. AA turret
    7. MBTs

2 man counters to libs

1. All of the above x 2
    2. 2 Burster MAXs (cover no longer a factor)
    3. 2 Lock On RLs
    4. Harrasser (Vulcan, Walker, GK, etc...)
    5. Basilisk/Ranger/Walker (take your pick of combination) sundies

3 Man counters to Libs
    1. All of the above x3
    2. Galaxy

Done.

Check your bias at the door.. 3 HAs with AA lock on RAs can reliably kill Libs (3 man vs 3 man) -- at 0 nanite cost and then go cap a point. What you MEAN to say is that no 1 person can go "oh! Hey! Lib!" and insta gib it -- you should be ashamed of yourself.
    • Up x 1
  9. Greiztoph

Lib in the sky? grab a skyguard and go hunting.
    • Up x 1
  10. AlexR

Whait a second. So as i understand you are asking liberator pilots to teach other players how to easier kill them? Lol really? What's the point? Sounds kinda out of logic for me. My first target is ro stay alive as lomg time as possible and kill as much enemies as i can but not telling them how to better deal with me. Huh. Straaange.
  11. Gundem

Directly from the OP, which I must conclude you did not read in it's entirety:

Knowledge is power.
  12. AlexR

But: "As I said, educate the masses on how to fight them, not to discuss whether they are OP" you said later. I can understand as i will tell other players how to deal with me. Or did you mean anything else with this?
  13. AlexR

I mean there is no problem with teaching other players how to use lib and how to play with it, thats normal for sure and being helpfull is always a plus. But bringing on some info about liberators for people who'd like to destroy them more effective from the ground thats where is the line for the lib pilot because why even would someone do this? Other non-air gamers may do such a project and like doing research and unite against OP FLYING TANK but not pilots themselves. Please explain if i understand you wrong, i've read the whole thread btw.
  14. WeRelic

I think it's less an attempt to get them to improve at killing libs than an attempt to get them to understand that they're not nearly as OP as most people seem to think.
    • Up x 1