C4 vs Tanks WTF?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zenox, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Zenox

No I got the point, I'm talking about the same testing but against infantry, 1 stick of C4 will not kill a light infantry at 3 meters. On the other hand at 3.5-4meters 2 bricks will still kill a tank.
  2. jak

Oooh, okay, I get what you're saying. Yeah, I'm personally not a fan of the prox damage to vehicles - if you want a big boom, I think it should be on the vehicle. Actually, I personally think it should be directional depending on where you place it, but that's obviously not the way SOE is going.
  3. Holomang

SOE proves once again all it takes is less than 10 people crying for a couple weeks to get something unjustiffiably nerfed.

Tanks are now zero skill, congrats, you bads in this thread got what you wanted.

Give it a week and those of us with an actual clue how to play can start a 28 page thread to get tank damage versus infantry nerfed into the ground. And thus the cycle will continue until the game becomes one unplayable disgrace.
  4. RogueComet

Problem is, stats show that C4 is NOT a primary killer for vehicles. Actually the stats show that C4 has fewer vehicle kills per hour than any other AV weapon in the game (discounting the Walker and Ranger).
  5. cfnz

This might have been the quicker fix, i.e. blockade armour for tanks might require art assets to be created.
  6. EliteEskimo

Found out why they are nerfing C4, Proximity radar will be useless in the near future with Implants.

7. jak

I still don't think that's the right solution, but it's a lost cause so adapt and overcome heh. Thanks for posting that.
    • Up x 1
  8. EliteEskimo

Of course it's not the right solution jak, but hey SOE isn't exactly known for making the right calls. I still don't think this will effect skilled LA's players like yourself Jak, also won't UBGL + C4 = same result will it not? I will say if LA's are going to be invisible on my mini map even with Prox radar something definitely needed to happen in the MBT vs C4 relationship.
    • Up x 1
  9. jak

All it effectively changes is I have to get around to making a LA loadout with the **** UB gun when I go Eskimo hunting lol. Engy already has it because, let's be real, why wouldn't you as an engy?
  10. EliteEskimo

At one point I had you as one of my most killed people on my chart with like 6 kills, but then it randomly disappeared. At the same time I could've sworn at some point you were in my top ten killers (It said you killed me like 2 times or something and Thunda Hawk used to be on that list with 2 kills too) .https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618040867281/killboard/?view=deaths

Anyhow I know I have a somewhat large bounty on my head, but hey I relish a good challenge from players I respect.:cool:
    • Up x 1
  11. jak

I'm using a prototype implant that keeps me off the most killed list for others. :D
    • Up x 2
  12. Shiaari

No sympathy for you bro. C4 requires them to reach your tank on foot, which is no easy feat. Light Assaults with drifter jets might be able to take advantage of some terrain features and overfly your vehicle dropping C4, but otherwise a Light Assault with normal jets must get to you first.

Either way, it means you were just sitting still in your tank spamming shells. You opened yourself up to that kind of attack. It's much more difficult to C4 a tank than it is to avoid in a tank. All you have to do is move, and if you have thermal you will likely see them long before they get close.

C4 is not OP. Of course, however, hopefully you learned your lesson: Take infantry seriously in your tank.
    • Up x 1
  13. Zenox

I have to take light assaults very seriously, which is the whole point of this discussion. Normally I don't like to bring stats into anything, but with that post you asked for it. How can someone with 22 days in have the audacity to lecture me on anything when I've put nearly half as much time in and yet I'm nearly 15 ranks above you!
  14. Lurking_Horror

Now come on, that's pathetic. I dismantle your stupidities point for point, and that's the best you can come up with ? I mean the backflip itself was pretty impressive, worthy of a harasser pilot really. In one post you indulge in dev-bashing, going on how they ignore balance all for the money, and right in the next post, just because they are roughly on your side of the argument, their opinion suddenly is the ultimate truth that - obviously - makes EVERYTHING you ever said right ? Nope, doesn't work that way, just like you supporting them doesn't neccessarily make their actions wrong, It's just that what yousay doesn't support their course of action at all, and I'm just happily pointing out what kind of colossal moron you're making of yourself. :p

Because, well, I'm a moron for disagreeing with some decision the devs took ? What does that make YOU, who already expressed how violently he disagrees with how the devs are handling the Engineer-AV-Turret issue ? Will you answer this at least ? With all that noise you're making with your big mouth, do you at least have the balls to also come here now and admit that 'yes, that makes me a moron too ?' Come on, just once, do something to impress me, you'd even get to tell me how I'm twice the moron because I disagree on both counts :D

And the joke's on me ? You still don't understand me :(. It's on the poor infantry that will get farmed ruthlessly. Until the devs either backpadle, or proceed with the upcomming operation 'walled out', turning combined arms into 'combined in spirit, but neatly seperated in different locations' - in which case any issue of c4 becomes entirely irrelevant anyway, leaving me a sad panda because I actually enjoyed getting shot at by tanks.

Btw, unless I've been horibly trolled, you've been horribly trolled . Guess we get to spent some more time arguing about this after all, as I hope I'm right to assume that it takes more than something like this to stop someone like you ?
  15. Shiaari

Because, I was there when PlanetSide was announced, there to beta test it, there for the expansions, there to beta test PlanetSide 2, and here to tell you that a tank sitting still is C4 bait.

I have no idea where you get 22 days. Maybe 22 days of total play time maybe, but this is my beta account. I've been around a lot longer than 22 days. Battle Rank doesn't mean jack in this game. I've seen plenty of really stupid BR100s, and have had my clock cleaned by BR1s. That's one of the qualities of PlanetSide. Level doesn't make you any more or less dangerous to other players, it simply means you have more flexibility in defining your role from fight to fight.

Don't pull rank with me, especially when you haven't even taken the time to create a forum signature.
  16. Dingus148

ERRYBODY RELAX.

Joshua (the dev) hath spoken, and he reckons they're not planning on changing C4. They are looking at Proxy Radar though.

Just a heads up.
    • Up x 2
  17. Jex =TE=

WOT!??

oh dear....
  18. KlyptoK

Citation?

All I've seen so far is people mentioning the number of vehicles destroyed. Since vehicles count everything from aircraft to flashes to base turrets to deployed turrets, those statistics are invalid in a discussion about tanks.
  19. Phrygen

way to necro this thread for no reason.

MODS please CLOSE
    • Up x 1
  20. Jex =TE=

Or the more obvious answer might be that the BR1 account kicking people's ***** just finished with his BR100 account.