C4 vs Tanks WTF?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zenox, Jun 26, 2013.

1. TheBillOf3D

Um, no. Just because YOU need to be on foot and because YOU only kill the ones you let up to your spawn room doesn't mean that is how everyone plays these roles. And it's not difficult to C4 any tank other than maybe a magrider. They can move randomly in any direction. Even if you don't get to press the button before death, you'll still probably kill the tank minus the credit just from all the splash damage hitting it and thus your C4. Which is the part I find most silly. The reward for stopping a C4 attack on a friendly may only be to take credit for the explosion.
  2. lilleAllan

If he doesn't press the button before death then the C4 will vanish as soon as he respawns.
  3. TheBillOf3D

Yes, when he respawns. Not when he dies.
  4. lilleAllan

... yeah.... that's what I said....
  5. Jex =TE=

I'm sorry I didn't realise a) you had the final say on what requirements are needed to close a thread and b) that I had to explain to those people that can't understand how stupid it is to call for a nerf of the weapon that does the least amount of kills.

But I've just had to do that.
  6. KlyptoK

Citation please
  7. TheBlindFreak

Wow, this thread is still going?
  8. Jex =TE=

A page somewhere in this thread.

Or another one.
  9. Phrygen

The entire premise of this thread was made mood when the Devs corrected a misconception that was presented on the test server. All bumping this does is server to confuse people.

and there are at least 4 different current threads on the subject.

So you aren't explaining anything. The only thing you are promoting is confusion.
  10. Jex =TE=

You must be new to forums. I'll forgive you this time but some advice for you.

There will always be multiple threads on the same topic.

Also when I just explained something that would mean I actually am explaining things. Here let me help you out with English this time,

:)
  11. Phrygen

click my name and you will see how new i am. You necroed a thread poorly and for no reason. Move on.
  12. deggy

Dude, his LPR is 0.553, yours is only 0.255. It's easy to see who's better with the Forums, and it's not you.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/new-stat-for-mlg-pr0-l-p-ratio.142351/
  13. Shiaari

*Sigh*

Erroneous assumptions are erroneous.
  14. R3volutionist

What is this 'not rendering' thing people are talking about? What lol? You need a new computer then. I've never been killed by someone who "didn't render" and I couldn't see. The only time things don't render right away is when I first launch the game and I'm at the warp gate or when I hot drop into a big battle it takes a couple seconds. Sounds like you need a new computer or Internet connection and we shouldn't take c4 out of the game or nerf it because YOU can't run the game properly and it isn't fair to YOU because your machine or connection can't play the game properly. I don't have this problem and have never heard of it until I came here.

There are ways to avoid c4, and it takes more skill to kill a tank with c4 than it does to kill infantry in a tank. So I don't understand why these tank drivers QQing about C4 and how it takes no skill, since when did driving a tank take skill? The skill is not dying in a tank, and part of that is avoiding infantry who will c4 you. Shooting a cannon miles away and milking kills, retreating when you get shot by a couple of missiles to repair and repeating is not some insane skill haha.

I love how some of you guys complaining expect to be able to wreck everything in their path and never die, it's hilarious. C4 is fine, tanks are fine. There are a ton of tank drivers out there that don't get c4ed very often, it's called being aware of your surrounding. Yeah when you park your tank near a base and your staring at the spawn or area from 500 meters away just spamming shots to rake in easy kills, it's easy to run up behind you and throw on some c4.

As a matter of fact, that's why they have machine guns on top of the tanks, so your gunner can look for infantry to protect you.
  15. R3volutionist

Also I love how OP. keeps complaining that proximity radar costs so much certs when 2 bricks of C4 cost 1000 certs.
  16. Lolroflcake

Its amusing that this can still jump to the top of the forums even weeks later.

If you drive a tank in close quarters keep your eyes peeled for the C4 fairy, its that simple. C4 is one of the few things in the game right now that helps enforce the roles of infantry and tanks.

Its a total non-issues especially considering they are completely impotent at anything other then close range.
  17. vanu123

Look up & stay mobile = you will hardly ever if ever die from C4
  18. Crashmatusow

yeah man good thing we're not playing a game where infantry can fail to render past 10 feet or anything.

oh wait.
  19. vanu123

Oh yea I forgot tanks cant move faster than infantry, oh wait.
  20. Crashmatusow

you heard it here folks always hold the w key to avoid invisible c4 fairies.

never wanted that anchor mode anyway.