C4 - Overused and needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ancalagon, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBloodEagle

Are you saying no other weapon can kill everything else in the game?
  2. Hotbread

Not instantly.
  3. Gorion

SOE already reduced the range of C4 ... sometimes u don't do any dmg because there was a small stone between C4 and the Enemy. So C4 is fine at current state.

Nerf the Nerf's!
  4. Phyr

C4 isn't instant either, and depending on your target it could take minutes to kill something.
    • Up x 2
  5. Revel

If you want to be technical it'll go as far as gravity can take it.
  6. Epic High Five

Hahaha, I should've known. That and mineguard, there to keep your flash alive even if you still die horribly! :D
    • Up x 1
  7. Revel

I keep seeing this "its your fault" argument. It is a stupid argument repeated ad nauseam when people don't have anything else to say.

Guess what? Every time you die in this game its your fault. Got shot in the dead on a dead run while zig zagging and jumping by a sniper? Your fault. Got hit in the rear by an AV turret on a tower pad 1000m away? Your fault. Some guy crashes his tank into you as you blow it up, but he bails out and throws a C4 to finish you off before he renders? Your fault. You spawn at some random out of the way sunderer and there's a cloaker waiting there to pick people off? Your fault. TKed? Your fault. Why? You logged in. Obviously if you hadn't logged in he wouldn't have been able to TK you now would he?
    • Up x 1
  8. deggy

Either the description is bugged, or the Flash is actually somewhat OP.

Maxed Composite Armor increases C4 resist by 100%.

Can the Flash be immune to C4???
  9. Andrea SKye

I am so tired of this crap.

C4 is not overpowered or broken, and doesnt need to be toned down. If your tank gets c4d you should of been paying attention. Its as simple as that.
    • Up x 3
  10. jak

Use thermal as your scope. Be paranoid. Boom, C4 proof. Tack on prox radar if you want to be especially lazy.
    • Up x 2
  11. Revel

C4 is overpowered when combined with LA.
    • Up x 2
  12. Rift23

Stop clumping up.
  13. Camycamera

its people like you that ruin PlanetSide.
    • Up x 2
  14. Liquidrider

hahahaahaha I was thinking the same thing. As a light assault we have taken quite a few bruises as is. Please I beg SOE to replace our C4 with dodgeballs since we are squishy enough already. And 0 chance to retaliate? Just look up and shoot we have to get close enough to drop the C4.

But regardless why do people constantly want things to be nerfed?
    Every time there is a nerf SOE runs to risk for losing more players to appease just a small group of people.
  15. Nyscha

C4 definitely needs a nerf.
    That or make it so you can carry only 1 C4 per life.
    It's so lame being chased by a flying rat dropping C4 with a dodgy hitbox so you cant shoot him down.
  16. Elrobochanco

If the sunderer is yours it's your responsibility. Since the launch of the game I've had AMS sunderers, through AV mines being easy and fast to throw, and squad deploy easy to drop over a large area. The amount of my personal sunderers destroyed by such tactics can be counted on a single hand. Yeah sometimes a group effort pops one, and they earned that, but my kobalt with thermals is there to swat c4 fairies. And I usually leave prox mines on obvious routes to it as well.

If it is just a cert farmer who didn't care about it at all and just parked his bus in a seedy neighborhood, well that's a whole different issue than C4 strength.
    • Up x 2
  17. Barnak

Imo C4 isnt OP. Overused? yes... BLowing up sunderers/mbt/lightning is what c4 was for i guess. What needs to be removed however is the suicide bombers... ppl rushing Inside a crowds that throw c4 and blow themself up with their victim should get 0 points imo. Just my 2 certs , no need to flame me =D
  18. Aegie

So what you're saying is that C4 is overpowered when it can come from above?

You take no issue with HAs, Engineers, or Medics that come at you from front, sides, rear, you only take issue when the vector of attack is in the z plane?

Why is that exactly?

I think the reason a lot of people respond they way they do is because if this is really what is the issue then, for someone who disagrees, they are likely to ask, "knowing this, knowing you are vulnerable from above, why not pay special attention to that direction?"

You are right that it can be difficult to fully defend from this attack and there are areas (bridges, cliffs, etc.) where this is especially the case.

I think where some people differ is that they feel this adds to the quality of the game play but then even though you may have this powerful vehicle you still have to be cautious and aware- and even being cautious and aware will not always save you.

I think of it like OHK sniper rifles. There are inevitably going to be times where a player pauses motion and this occurs when in the eyesight of an enemy sniper. Moving, while a pretty good counter to snipers (and C4), is just not always the best thing to do nor is reasonable to think that everyone can or should be moving every moment of the game. Still, there are times where I am playing well, moving and firing, taking cover to reload, and dink! Much like C4, long range sniping has a fair counter in things like "W" and "S".

It is also a matter of team work in that a 1/2 MBT is way more at risk than a 2/2 MBT, especially one with a gunner who themselves plays a bit of LA. Now, this is not to say that you will not still die to C4 but, then again, if you never or only rarely ever did loose to C4 then it wouldn't be much of a counter. Still, in my time as tanking I had died to C4 quite a few times but I am fairly confident that the number of times I have taken someone on the attempt is much greater. Likewise, as LA, I have taken down a lot of vehicles but I would venture that my losses (both in resource to resource and life to life) are fairly far exceeded by my wins.

That being said, I tend to disagree, somewhat, with other posters. While it is true that bad tankers are more likely to get C4'd, I think that good tankers are more likely to have a higher proportion of deaths due to C4. Why? I think this is because good tankers get good by managing the most important threats and I think these tend to be 1) other tanks/ land vehicles, 2) aircraft, 3) RLs, and then 4) C4.

This is not necessarily the best order but it is roughly the way I feel when I tank. The reason is because most of what you can do about C4 is situational- you avoid certain areas and if you must be in them then you try to stay moving or at least keep with a group (in hopes it will not be you that gets it). Then, about the only thing you can do is have a gunner who is aware enough to help regularly check blind spots and likely roosts (and having Q spotting teammates helps). That's about it because when and if you engage an incoming LA the tactic is straightforward- move away and shoot. Many times, when I die to a LA, I never see them coming and that is why I think it bothers some people so much but is also why you do not necessarily get good at tanking by being good at seeing that LA- because you're right, most of the time there are more important targets, like other vehicles.

Does that mean LA+C4 is OP? For you, I suppose it does and honestly I can understand why it is so frustrating. Still, I disagree and think that it is not alone in this regard- everything, in a certain situation, can be powerful and terrifying. I also disagree because I am a huge LA player but lately have been playing a lot of medic because 1) helping out Mattherson TR and medic = certs, 2) medics can have a huge impact on the outcomes. LA is still the only class without a tool and while one of only two assault classes it is one of the least played and lowest scoring classes (unless something has changed) in the game. In fact, the last time I saw those was some time ago and I would not be the least bit surprised to find LA is both least played and lowest scoring.
    • Up x 3
  19. Liquidrider

SOE removes C4 for any class people will quit the game mainly because people are tired of nerfs as is. It does grow old truly; the constant nerfing in this game. Either adapt to the game or die trying.
    • Up x 2
  20. Revel

Because it gives artificial range to the weapon. In almost all instances, HA, Medic, Engineer are limited to how far they can actually toss it. LA can drop it 50m+

C4 is not a ranged weapon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.