C4 - Overused and needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ancalagon, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deggy

LOL Drifter Jets!

If I try enough times, you WILL die or leave. You will eventually run out of ammo, if nothing else.
  2. Snoozzzer

Frag Grenades suck. Horribly so. C4 takes it's place
  3. Revel

I never liked the way grenade mechanics worked in this game. They've tried to improve throwing motions and be more accurate towards where you're aiming but they still bounce like a tennis ball.
    • Up x 1
  4. LT_Latency

That fine, do you have a guy on waterson. I will tell you where I am and you can come get me. your can bring your C4 hatting buddies too.

If I run out of ammo killing you guys I will go get more and come back
  5. Ripster

To be fair, it might take you longer to kill him than his tank respawn. And in the mean time he's shelling your teammates.
  6. doombro

Why not? It's no problem for the vehicles to solo him.
    • Up x 2
  7. D1STORT

A tank costs 400 resources, while technically able to kill an unlimited amount of people with resupplies, any halfway decent tanker can easily get 25-50+ kills in one run. Four C4, costing 100 resources each, have nowhere near the capability that tanks have in total killing potential.
    • Up x 2
  8. Ronin Oni

ITT: "Hey, you know that class that has like 1 singular tool... lets nerf it to hell"
    • Up x 2
  9. Revel

I never said that. Learn to reading comprehension because you're a terrible troll.
  10. Ripster

Because those idiots want tanks to be invulnerable to infantry even if they're out of position and not paying attention.
    • Up x 2
  11. Revel

Because 1 person shouldn't be able to take a 450 resource vehicle from 100% to 0% in 1 button press.
  12. Ripster

Oh really? You didn't say that? Just look at the map you idiot. I'm not trolling, you're just bad.
  13. Ripster

It's a good thing it's not just one button press then.
  14. doombro

You're critically mistaken. You have to press two buttons to drop a C4 and detonate it. Three if you want to kill an MBT. Given the delay with C4, that's quite a long time. If you can't take down the LA within that time window, your gunner isn't paying attention, you aren't paying attention, or you're 1/2ing your MBT. Either way, that death is a well deserved one.
    • Up x 1
  15. Revel

More generalized insults. You're not even trying, you're just trying to get this thread locked.

No one can be focused everywhere at once. If you're saying you are you're a liar.
  16. Revel

No, I am absolutely NOT mistaken. You do 100% damage with 1 button press. There's no C4 indicator like a grenade. You're not doing damage to alert anyone while doing this like you're shooting them with another weapon. Likely you're not even making a sound because you're too far up for anyone to hear the jet pack.
  17. Alarox

I've had plenty of people get their jimmies rustled by me killing them with my Vanguard to the point where they continuously try to kill me.

It is a wonderful thing. I mean, really, the kills come to ME? Yes please.
    • Up x 2
  18. Ronin Oni

Yeah, I'll kill dozens of C4 attempts and always have my timer up when they finally get me.

And that's not even running prox... I just have an attentitive gunner or multiple lightnings warning any inf that are actually approaching us, because any infantry moving at you potentially, and unless they're just oblivious that you're there, most likely has C4.

Unless it's an infiltrator... but to hell with those guys :p
  19. Taemien

Frag grenades suck so nerf C4? How much sense does that make? In EQ1/EQ2 this would be considered Class Envy and the post would be locked with the OP getting a warning. It might even be a nerf call, but I'll let others decide if they want to report or not since I'm actually going to throw my extra 2cents in.

As others have said, C4 is fine. In fact I'm pretty sure I've killed myself from falling off of things more than C4 has gotten me. So it doesn't need a nerf. As for the grenade comment... I think enemy frag grenades have gotten lucky enough to get me more than C4. Maybe even friendly frag grenades.
  20. Alarox

My tank just got killed by C4. Although, it took 3 Prowlers (which we killed), a Galaxy, a MAX and a couple of heavies, multiple ESFs, and this one dude catching me off guard when my shield was down while my gunner was repairing all that damage we just took (from the aforementioned enemies), and as I was shooting down the ESFs.

Even then it was my fault for ignoring my gunner's previous call-out that he was there.

And actually, we were able to jump out before the tank blew up and managed to kill him.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.