C4 - Overused and needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ancalagon, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tbone

I didn't but all those things happened,and we had fun with them,but others didn't.So yes lot of people have fun with C4 but others didn't.Maybe they are right and you are wrong.Its a possibility 50%-50% chance.
  2. Gustavo M

Aaand people will always say that flanking, sniping, and C4 spamming is skill "because it is you noob, L2P".
  3. ZEPLN

Military grade components are shock resistant and durable. Stop fishing.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheBloodEagle

This is how tankers see C4 users:

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. Tbone

Aiming drop pods damn those were the horror times.I am just saying that you can not show 1 guy out of 10 (30 maybe but not 10)who stays back and guard the sundy while other farm.
  6. Alarox

You got me to laugh my *** off, +1.
  7. ZEPLN

+1 for sure. This is hilarious.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tbone

The point is you don't see grenade throwing C4 much am i right?
  9. TheBloodEagle

Slippery slope when you start thinking about it that way. They just used "C4" as a generic term since all FPS players are familiar with it. It might as well been named "throwable explosive from the year 2432" or something. We're just saying it's totally possible. If we're going to go with direct realism them you might as well allow us to do this:

• Up x 2
  10. Aegie

Well, C4 is not made to fragment like, well, fragmentation grenades. If your object is to throw a lot of shrapnel at soft targets you use a fragmentation grenade. If your object is to have a concentrated explosive force then you use C4.

I agree that using C4 instead of a grenade is a bit cheese but I for one do not see this very often. The primary purpose of C4 is to work against hardened targets (MAXs, Vehicles) as it should and it needs to be effective in this regard given all the downsides.
  11. Thor04

You don't know how I play and I'm pretty sure I know my abilities better then you, most of time I play medic so I have no need to engage tanks. Even for newbie like me its easy to pull it off constantly all it takes is some observing and rout planning and in some cases baiting and most of times it done deal simply because I can bypass any terrain.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheBloodEagle

This doesn't constitute skill? It seems like the only thing people regard as "skill" is moving your mouse around and clicking. What a shame.
    • Up x 2
  13. Hicksimus

They could get three birds stoned at once by taking the mana AT turret away from the engineer and replacing it with C4 which they would no longer let the LA have(in exchange for more primary ammo OR more flying time). Then the HA would be an HA, the Engineer would be an Engineer and the LA would be an LA. I think it would make for more interesting gameplay.....likely because I prefer clearly defined classes over classes that blur the lines.
  14. Aegie

No, they should fix AV turret and buff the LA not gut it.
    • Up x 1
  15. deggy

FALSE.

Flash Composite Armor increases C4 resistance :p
  16. Phazaar

No, something being stationary and completely unaware of its surroundings is an excuse to be able to kill it instantly with zero chance of retaliation. It takes less time to reverse (from stationary) further than a LA can fly than it takes a single brick of C4 to fall from a landing pad to the floor. If you -ever- die to C4 in a tank, it's your fault, and there is absolutely no escaping that. You would have died if I was an HA too, but I'd have had to run further, or exploit the 'no fall damage' platforms first.

C4 is absolutely fine as it is (perhaps a little underpowered with its arbitrary 'you must not blow yourself up' delay... But if you really can't accept how dedicated I am to freedom, I guess it's okay...); if anything, the only thing I would do with it is take it away from HEAVY assault, because they can already do -everything-, and the 'throw C4->Deci rear armor' kill is SO much cheesier and less necessary than the 'you let me stand next to your tank for 6 seconds, and run to safety without even noticing me' two C4 kill.

There is no reason for LA to exist, minus a tiny amount of strategic priority positioning; as the devs are clearly not going to give them useful utilities of their own, C4's gotta stay to legitimise the killwhoring class...
    • Up x 1
  17. ZEPLN

EDIT: Apologies, misread the name I quoted on my original post.

That's not C4 being easy mode. That's an enemy tank driver being incredibly stupid, in which case you deserve the kill and said driver deserves to lose the tank.

C4 is fine as it is. Everything can be learned and adapted to if you actually spend the time in the game learning how to counter instead of QQing on the forums and hoping the devs will make Planetside easier for you.
    • Up x 2
  18. Phazaar

So, only hits 1 in 5 times, is used 1/3rd of the amount that the three default LMGs are... Before adding the other ~9 LMGs, ALL of the ARs, ALL of the carbines, most of the SMGs, etc etc... Mindblowing that a piece of equipment that 95% of infantry characters have access to has the most kills, isn't it? And it's only costing 500 resources per HIT (not necessarily even per kill...) for it...

Man. Totally OP. Plz nerf.
  19. Phazaar

More than that... It's a question of potential users.... Every player who isn't an infiltrator can pull it at any moment that it's useful. Comparing that to a single weapon or even entire weapon class is still not a fair representation.
  20. Hotbread

C4 is anti-everything, that's what makes me mad about it. A LA can kill a max, a tank, and any infantry he comes across with it. If it shot down planes then it's use would go from 99% to 100%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.