Buff to Rear Tank Armor --> Goodbye ESFs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, May 2, 2013.

1. Wrek

now the ESFs might protect the libs while the libs do the tank killin'.

just sayin'.
    • Up x 1
  2. Total_Overkill

Instead of Liberators protecting the ESF podders from aircraft? Blasphemy!

... no, seriously.
    • Up x 1
  3. vrcarnage

I typically don't have issues w/ esf and I drive mags / lightnings all the time. I think the biggest problem is people either lone wolfing or being to far out from there umbrella of flak.

Of course I use stealth and when I even see / hear and esf I don't shoot and I retract into some kind of cover. The funny thing is I typically stay around 150-300 m out and I roflstomp people when I do drive them.

The only time I die to esf is when they have a cr4p ton of them and the fact that everything is going to die when another faction has a cr4p ton of anything.

I also have no problem taking out tanks from the front w/ an esf. I don't think the armor update is that bad and I will still smash any target that is readily available to me. I how ever do think it's a bit goofy that when people cry about stuff they adjust it because of crying.

I don't think the developers have any idea of what is actually occurring. So mean while we have the lower then average players in here crying like girls that they are getting killed and mean while people like me just adapt to the changes.

The game is quite simple to adapt to. If they have a bunch of air either get an esf / max / skyguard / lockon / ap round tank / shoot your dang guns and mutilate. If they have a bunch of tanks either get a tank / mines / c4 / eng turret / esf / ha and have fun. If they have a bunch of foot zerg either join it or get an esf / tank / lib / max and start to crush.

I don't see how it gets any easier then this. To many people want to only play their cup of tea and don't want to adapt.
    • Up x 1
  4. Lollerstakes

Wow. Unbelievable. A semi-competent pilot can take out even the best tank driver in the game, it's just how the game works. No tank turret can aim directly above, and even the walker and ranger are powerless when you use cover to your advantage and grind down the tank's armor with the primary gun.

But then of course, we have OP, who can't fly straight.
    • Up x 2
  5. tbot

LOLOLOL countless tanks!1!!!11!1 Poor boy with a KD of 29.22 all done in the prowler. But im happy for you, not even ESF will now disturb your infantry farming.
    • Up x 1
  6. RIctavius

Time for 1000 pound bombs and cluster munitions (breaking conventions since 2845)
    • Up x 1
  7. Zakuak

Doesn't seem that bad to me, looking forward to seeing how all these wep and armor changes pan out!

I am excite!
    • Up x 2
  8. vrcarnage

I don't see why people have this massive misconception that esf is only made for killing air. I bust up all targets when I fly esf. When I come into a hot lz I make a fly over and if I see enemy esf.. guess what I am engaging them.

After they are a smoking heap of crud I go after the source of the problem which is the sundy. After that I just pick off all the random stuff around.

I don't know why everyone thinks the esf is so ezmode and that we only farm ground. The simple fact is it's hard as h3ll to shoot down a good pilot in the middle of a battle field w/ tanks / lock / flak / machine gun / kitchen sink flying @ you. My priority is to always take down air first.

Do you expect me to just fly around site and get shot @ and not fight back? If thats the case lets make it so tanks can only hurt tanks and not infi?

Sounds like a good idea? Of course it does not. No one wants to be locked down to a single role. It's the versatility of each type of unit that makes this game.
    • Up x 2
  9. DaninTexas

I can finally pull a Vanguard now with out dieing to lolpods from a mossie in literally under 2 seconds. Even with the shield on
    • Up x 1
  10. PhilDun

The thing is, you usually don't get a second-chance to come-back-around given all the anti-air in the game. And it's impossible to land a full salvo of rockets, simply because if you do that you will be flying in a linear path and a burster max will absolutely destroy you. Thus, ESFs are going to have little to no effect on the battlefield.

ESFs may still be able to pick off a tank that's alone by itself in the middle of the desert, but other than that they won't do much.
    • Up x 2
  11. vrcarnage

Even though I don't apose the change. Whats the diff between c4 or tank mines or combined esrl strikes? I personally think people should not be so focused on the targets in front of them and keep aware of whats going on around them.
    • Up x 1
  12. Radec594

Good. Now you can focus on flying an ESF for what it's meant to be: an A2A Fighter.

Leave tanks alone, they pose no threat to you; and don't worry, even if they did, there are still countless AV weapons and you know... other tanks, that can take care of them just as effectively :)

Also AA wouldn't need to be so ridiculously annoying and ever-present if ESFs (and Libs before the nerf) weren't so deadly in A2G, I'll never stress this enough.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kukuguy

I am a pilot and I am happy that rocketpods got nerfed. It was so easy to kill a tank is not even funny. ESF should be focused more on A2A combat, farming infantry is liberator's job.
    • Up x 2
  14. vrcarnage

Not from the 10k AA max sitting on the ground ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. PhilDun

In other words, A2A exists so that it can fight other A2A. That is the definition of "pointless."
    • Up x 2
  16. PhilDun

Yup. And the libs can't kill the engineers healing the sundy either, since they don't render. 2 engineers can out-heal a liberator bombarding a sundy.
    • Up x 1
  17. PhilDun

What I don't understand is why SOE did such a drastic nerf. I could understand requiring two or maybe even 3 additional rockets to kill an MBT. But a flat-out 50% damage reduction is ridiculous. Those kind of massive nerfs should have occurred in beta, not months into the open release.
  18. Radec594

Not at all, again you're not following the logic: if ESFs were more A2A focused, AA wouldn't need to be so freaking OP against everything, there would be more Libs and Gals in the skies, giving ESFs a wide range of targets to chew through; not to mention, dogfighting is way more challenging and entertaining than staring at tanks' arses.

All in all, I wouldn't blow this out of proportion; ESFs will still be deadly against a slow reacting, slow moving target like a tank in most cases; only now they won't be able to actively decimate tank columns as much.
  19. Ruvan

You can still kill a tank in 1 magazine if you're accurate. This only punishes the baddies who flew because it was easy experience, good riddance. Less people to crash in to me...

2 Scythe pilots are still as good at taking a tank as one Liberator with 2/3. This is what you call balance.
    • Up x 2
  20. vrcarnage

Maybe they should make tanks only fight tanks? Seem fun? Yea I thought so. Post like this are whats screwing this game.

Just like tanks the esf is ground support. Maybe people don't like them but, that's what they are for.

Even though I agree w/ the update (even though I have almost no problem w/ pods in a tank) These blatant assumptions or hate mongering is just flat out goofy.