Buff to Rear Tank Armor --> Goodbye ESFs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, May 2, 2013.

1. Total_Overkill

You need 4 engi's to out heal a Shredder >.>
  2. Radec594

Not hate, just a pinch of logic.

Empire Specific Fighters ground support? ... ESFGS..
    Doesn't sound as good to me :|

Liberator gunship, sounds more like it.

Also MBTs were just as vulnerable but didn't get any efficient counter to Rocket Pods or hell, even rotaries, other than a clumsy Walker; which again, also impaired the MBT's AV potential by focusing its secondary on AA only, while last time I checked, Rocket Pods are rather deadly if applied on any vehicle :eek:
  3. TeknoBug

I thought rocketpodders cared about killing infantry? Granted I always see a lone TR ESF strafing trying to take out Lightnings and MBTs and ducking behind mountains when he has to reload, half the time he would get a kill because 1 volley would take out an armored vehicle...
  4. tbot

People could you please stop with the ESF are for A2A and nothing else argument?
    It makes you look ridiculous.

There is no military plain and no helicopter on this planet which has no selection of A2G weapons.
  5. vrcarnage

Funny why don't you try reading more about modern war tactics. The strike fighters are use more on ground the bombers. Bombers are far more expensive and easier to shoot down. Gulf war??? mostly strike fightes like the f18 / f15 / f16

What about the A10? One of the most ruthless armor killers in the game some military statisticians say it is the best. Guess what is a plane and not a bomber.
  6. SolLeks

now that rockets are nerfed, I demand Bursters get nerfed as well.
  7. vrcarnage

I don't think its a ridiculous buff tbh. Tanks started to become well not tanks (for the average player). I don't mind sticking it out a little longer to take out a tank if it stops them from shelling my ground forces. It will only take about 5 seconds (if that) vs 1? Seems ok to me.
  8. Bearcat

That is a gross exaggeration; however, instead of offering a counter argument, I'll just let the gameplay speak for itself. I am certain that ESFs will still be killing tons of tanks and being a huge influence on the battlefield. ESFs are sill the most mobile do-it-all weapons platform in the game.
  9. tbot

He did not even read the 2nd paragraph:

"Many fighters have secondary ground-attack capabilities, and some are designed as dual-purpose fighter-bombers. Often, aircraft that do not fulfill the standard definition are called fighters. This may be for political or national security reasons, or for advertising purposes or other reasons."
  10. vrcarnage

Oh I don't disagree w/ the buff as I said and I agree that the walker is from from a deterrent for any decent esf pilot. I am just simply stating that esf should not be only locked down to a2a. If thats the case then the same should go for every class.

As I have stated its the versatility of each unit on this game that makes it what it is. The only thing that is really getting a bad shot right now imo as far as versatility is the poor galaxy.
  11. PhilDun

Please stop with the comparisons to real life, ffs. An awful argument that occurs in virtually every balance thread
  12. Jex =TE=

BS!

Try telling that to all the ESF pilots that came up against me and I'm nothing special. If the ESF threat is that high, everyone should be pulling AA - if you didn't do that then your tactics and your players aren't very effective are they.
  13. vrcarnage

I read your previous post and it was the comment "A fighter aircraft is a military aircraft designed primarily for air-to-air combat against other aircraft" that I decided to comment on because imo its incorrect. In monder war we do not have a plane jane a2a fighter every single one of them fit the multirole scenario now days. Most of them use the title of "fighter". Take the JSF f-35 it says joint strike "fighter" but, its multipurpose. Lots of planes use "fighter" as the primary description but, most of them are multi role.

I can't think of any US fighters / attack planes (Maybe another nation) today do not fill the multi role.
  14. vrcarnage

I agree w/ this but before I read your post I had already made my rebuttal. I wont respond to the next one.
  15. Phrygen

i work quite hard for my k/d... nor do i bring it up as a matter of balance or boast about it.

And I always bail and redeploy. Its not like my tanks aren't being destroyed. put 10,000 certs into a tank and you can do it as well.
  16. SolLeks

but the ESF are not just A2A aircraft, they have had a A2G ability for 10 years.
  17. XRIST0

[IMG]
  18. tbot

Its not about balance, its about purpose. Big difference. Purpose is what you are intended to do and balance is how effective.
    If your effectiveness drops below a certain degree you will loose your purpose as you can not do anymore what you are intended to do.

To say that ESFs only purpose is A2A is as stupid as to say tanks are just there to shoot other tanks and nothing else.
  19. PhilDun

K/D ratio doesn't matter. Hell, a lot of people (myself included) type /suicide to save the 15 seconds for Redeploying. The only benchmark that matters is score/minute. And yours is pretty mediocre.
  20. X3Killjaeden

Dogfight for what reason? Why do AA if Air is not dangerous?
    Because of this patch i can't farm hoverspammers anymore.

If you have a problem as NC tank you have a pebkac issue. Shield, more armor. Add AA secondaries on top of that. Add one shot AP cannon on top of that. You must have been doing it wrong (farming infantry maybe?), because i was very well able to defend myself pre GU8. Solo. Unless i didnt pay attention to my surrounding in which case it was totally deserved because armor is not supposed to protect from stupidity