Buff default TR and VS MAX weapons.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Feb 19, 2013.

1. DukeFlash

The TR MAX's anti-vehicle grenade launcher most definitely needs a buff.
    Honestly the NC and VS versions aren't great but they're markedly better.
  2. Syphers

Yeah both TR and VS weapons need a buff, at least the high end ones. The NC MAX just blow any infantry in 1sec and enemy MAX in 2 secs, the NCs who like their easy mode might say " but it's only viable at close range", yeah it is and this is why you only use them indoor or in shallow areas so in the end they are still OP. While on the other hand the VS and TR MAX have less firepower than a HA and just make up for it with their hp.
  3. KastianJJ

I dont know what version of planetside 2 your playing
    NC Maxes with all versions of their AI guns...
    1-10M effective range
    Vanu and TR Maxes have a
    1-30M effective range

Here is how it works
    Vanu VS TR Maxes difference

Vanu have
    Slower ROF
    Medium damage (164 damage)
    Slightly tighter COF
    (Great for 20-30M Supporting Fire)

TR
    High RoF
    Low Damage
    Slightly looser COF
    (Great for 10-20M Supporting Fire)

NC
    Medium RoF
    High Damage
    Low effective range
    (they're the battering Ram of the NC forces)

if you buff the default weapons by one more weapon damage class it would look like this

Vanu
    200 x 2 = 400 Damage per shot (yet fires like a 167 damage ROF)

TR
    167 x 2 = 337 Damage per shot (yet fires like the EM! (aka the worst of the LOW ROF guns)

Also you dont look how many kills you get per clip till your vunerable

NC Max at most can get 3 kills in a clip and suffer the longest reload time (Burst damage, it is the battering ram of the NC Forces)
    VS Max at most can get 6 kills in a clip and it has the lowest reload time (best far range support as it has the reload time and tighter COF, and higher damage per shot so missed shots are less penalized as supporting fire)
    TR Max at most get get 8 kills in a clip and it has a low reload time (best close up support as it has a big clip to kill a large room)

Then you go alright who's the battering Ram for the other forces by default?
    your heavy assaults, both sides have a equally quick ROF, low recoil, tighter COF LMG, versus the NC LMG by default is meant for medium range yet suffers from a larger COF, and high Recoil... so for the NC Max to lose toe to toe up close to your max's would mean our heavies would need to be the battering ram and need to start with a EM1, EM6, or Anchor instead of the gauss SAW

what you don't realize this game is designed for team mechanics and supporting fire... Both the TR Max and VS Max can do something a NC Max can't do, Suppress... if a NC Max Tries this he's just not doing his role

so if we look at it

TLDR
    TR AI The best for suppressing from a closer range 10-25M Range due to it's High ROF suppressing fire yet more loose CoF can hail bullets forcing infantry into cover, and can stand toe to toe with infantry 1-30M

VS AI the best for suppressing at further distance 20-35M due to it's Medium ROF suppressing fire with a tighter COF, can hail bullets more safely and more accurately unlike the TR Max, and can stand toe to toe with infantry 1-35M

NC AI is pure battering ram, it just bursts in damage at the 1-10M, cant offer suppressing fire, and during it's reload time it is highly vulnerable

Also uhm who's going to benefit from the flamethrower MAX... NOT NC! YEYYYYY!

Though i find maybe firing around the target but not hitting should offer a 25 point boost if you fired more then five bullets close to it, kinda the bonus you got from BF3 for suppressing fire (something i would prefer over twitching in this game when your shot as it is a less random deterrent to getting fired back upon)
  4. Gavyne

I think VS & TR MAX units should be brought up to par with NC MAX's. SOE's attempt at trying to make factions different have only thrown this game out of whack since launch. Hover tank as a superior MBT for VS, superior MAX for NC? All they've done is contribute to the nerf cries and unbalance the game. I don't know how any devs could see the chart of Magrider vs other MBT's and find it ok, and left it to that balance for so long. Why? All because NC have better MAX units? *sigh*

It's time to bring the VS & TR MAX up to par with NC MAX. They've already balanced the MBT's. It's also time to bring NC infantry up to par with TR/VS infantry guns. I don't fly so I have no idea who has air superiority.
  5. Kumaro

Ohohohoho F..uck yeah XD
  6. Olek

What you have neglected to mention that in the time it takes a TR or VS MAX to kill a NC MAX, the NC MAX has time to reload and fire off close to another full mag.
  7. Jack_Frost

Wow!! Wish my Nc MAX could just go ahead and do that :(

A goddamn automatic sniper rifle that's what the VS MAX is. So effective at any range.
  8. H34VY

IDK what the hell u NC are ******** about. Scat maxes are op as hell. even at medium range i contantly get killed in two shots, not even head shots.
  9. Oreo202

Sniper rifle? Good luck killing things past 50 meters with the default VS MAX. Accelerator is using the most accurate VS MAX weapon in that video. At sniper range (100+ meters) you'd be better off using an SMG than the quasar, or even the cosmos.