Bolt-Action + Forward Grip = ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sylvanicus, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Shadowcrash

"reduces horizontal recoil during sustained fire" From my testing this is when you are getting fired at. There it recoil when hit. The forward grip allows less recoil and able to stay on target down range. It does help.
  2. pinkcheese

One of my funniest camp spots was in front of an enemy AA turret on an air base. They kept looking for me a mile away and I got like 10 kills before they realized they could have sneezed and I would have been close enough to hand them a tissue.
  3. drednok

There are uses for the flashlight if you have a well coordinated group, or just want to see in the dark while walking, but I've yet to see any proof the forward grip has any value on a sniper rifle
  4. HeadshotVictim

sustained means that YOU fire one bullet after another in a rapid succession.
    Getting shot ruins your aim anyway. With or without Forward Grip.

A BOLT-ACTION rifle doesn't have any succession since it is a BOLT-ACTION.

So:
    The forward grip is useless.

PS: google is your friend when it come to words you don't quite understand
  5. blessedpatrick

I use the flashlight on the side of mountains to confuse the daylights out of the enemy, works great for making them think there are more people around than there actually is.
  6. Marinealver

Yeah it is all a bunch of Call of Duty add on. Enjoy your modern technology making the future technology seem so outdated or misplaced.
  7. Marinealver

If you don't get the joke, I doubt anyone is going to explain it to you. At least not here on the forums.
    • Up x 1
  8. Godsmangamer

holding ........ sway sway and the little (*&^^%&%$^$$#$#) never stopped moving ... shot by another sniper the end!!
    addendum only hold shift for short periods. Aim, hold shift, fire, move,= the way to survive as a sniper. ( not necessarily get lots of certs) ( more could follow but well they almost never stop moving)
  9. Stinneyt

Exactly for that reason. Flash the light (set the trap) watch them come looking for you, move to another location, AP mines or snipe from new location.
    • Up x 1
  10. Profileiche

Forward grip only makes sense on semi-auto snipers and scouts. Reduces the horizontal variation when firing successive shots with them. I have no idea why BASRs even have it available ... High velocity ammo would make more sense here.
  11. HeadshotVictim

it is just there.
    Just use it as a way of applied Darwin.
    Those who can't read will waste 100 certs - with a reason.
    Those who can read won't do it - everything is fine.
    Those who can read and do it anyway - they are strong enough to recover from the loss of certs - fine as well
  12. SmokeMcCloud

I've heard people say that forward grip increases the amount of time you can steady the scope. Not sure if it's true though.
  13. DFDelta

I have a grip on most my bolt actions. They're the only cosmetics you can buy for certs. :D
  14. Astraka

That's why I bought mine. I think it looks cool & helps you stand out from the rest of the rabble.
  15. Lightwolf

He's right. I use a semi-auto with a 2x and foregrip as a battle rifle all the time.
    there's a noticeable difference with and without it when someone starts shooting back.
  16. RockPlanetSide2

How will forward grip work with Straight Bolt... or are they the same selection and you can only pic one or the other?
  17. LownWolfe

No one, that I'm aware of, has said which slot the straight bolt will take. Most speculation puts it into the rail slot. This would allow either to use the straight bolt or the foregrip, not both
  18. MrWolf3

=completely useless I had a bunch certs once and was like oh I'm gonna cert out my Longshot about 10 minutes later I was like what the **** did I just do...don't get it more useless then the flashlight.
  19. MrWolf3

Sexual innuendo for the win.
  20. OmgWtfImba

Shame there's no heavy barrel in this game. ;)