Bolt-Action + Forward Grip = ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sylvanicus, Nov 22, 2012.

1. klor

It's so ridiculous that they offer these rail attachments for the bolt action rifles. The only one that would be of any use is the extended clip which isn't even an option. The only thing worth unlocking for the bolt action rifles is a new scope, maybe a silencer but there really isn't much reason for that.

These are in the game is to trick players into wasting certs, I can't see any other reason... they offer no benefits.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scorponok

really? that grip is so useless for a bolt action as it can be..unless your able to use it like a semi auto without taking off the scope its worthless.Same goes for silencer on bolt action...the range you shoot the guy at he will never hear were its coming from and it only gives you a alot of bullet drop.
  3. Ayfid

The scopes are the only attachments worth considering at all. All the other attachment slots may as well not exist. BF3 has the same issue (every attachment actually makes the gun worse).
  4. Sphinx

I bought 10x and x7. Depending where you,re fighting, 10x is better when you're assault a base and the attack is still early on. Take down those engi repairing turrets/max, enemy infiltrators and medics. That will help your team to advance. Then once they are closer , switch to the x7 or default scope.

You might wanna consider investing for the Manticore if you're VS .. VS Pistol is the worst in the game
  5. Kommon

I went ahead and bought the forward grip in beta, and I saw no improvement on either the semi auto or the bolt action rifles. I'm starting to think it's a placeholder for a future improvement for the sniper rifles.
  6. Faidwen

Oh absolutely, I use shift all the time... what would be nice is a bipod and a prone position, or something similar.

Then again, when doing marching drills, the fore-grip makes it a lot easier to swing the rifle around like a twirly baton!!!
  7. Howler556

So thats what vanu do in their spare time. Hmpf. We terrans turn the rifle into a giant bong. Wonder what NC do.
  8. KrystOutlander

The classes all are pretty much bare bones classes without much of a unique feel to them. They are different but only marginally so in that everything is cookie cutter. All certs were universally designed with no design given towards specific classes at least as far as weapon certs go.
  9. Nikushimi

Hold your breath (hold down the shift key wile scoped), that will solve your sway issue.
  10. JojoTheSlayer

11. NordicTiger27

To rebut question number one: Situational awareness is the key to getting clean easy kills. If you see a MAX suit being healed by an engineer and taking fairly constant fire, kill the engineer, wait five seconds, and start pounding out the MAX headshots. You'd be surprised how quick they go down.

Also never fire at a target when they are facing you. I snipe with a silencer so I don't have to worry about radar exposure, but when someone is facing me it is easy (even at super long distances) for them to zero on where the tracer came from.

#3 Above should be your mantra. There are literally an infinite amount of "unexpected" places that a clever infiltrator can hide. I remember where an infiltrator was hiding uncloaked in full view of an amp station air terminal in the little horizontal crevice in the base. Five people walked past him as I finally noticed him and dispatched him. The ONLY reason I noticed him was because his red armor stood out. If he had a snow camoflauge pattern on, I would have waltzed right past as well.
  12. IamSerabith

Anyone wonder why we don't have prone position yet thet thought it well enough to add deep lung? Realism FTW...
  13. Scuzzle

It's actually a good question because you will find a lack of good weapon attachments. Like others have stated it will not help you with a bolt rifle. Personally i feel like all the attachments are a waste of cert points. Scopes are pointless with the infantry render distance. Why would you put a flashlight on a sniper rifle (lol)? A suppressor lowers your damage and velocity, while using a bolt rifle you want those big hits. Personally i am mainly certing into ammo belt which seems like the only good option. Cloak recharge is a minor upgrade as cloaking is not that great to begin with. The sensor doesn't last long and doesn't seem to work at long range. All in all the infiltrator certs are lackluster.
  14. InvalidTarget

I use the x12 scope and forward grip... thoght the grip would help .... I was wrong waste of 100 certs lol.. Its ok b/c headshots give me lots of points lawls.! :p
  15. Faidwen

And why the HECK don't we have the same set of scopes for all the sniper scopes??? WHY the hell do we only have a 4x scope for some... ludicrous... and useless....
  16. Infinity24k

Made my day ;)
  17. yottawatt

I would love prone position and bipod. I just shift as well and that's fine but I would be nice to have a bipod that removed the loosing focus on target with bolt action.
    The camo does make a big difference like Nortictiger27 said. I often find myself hiding in plain sight.

I also bought the for grip and well what a waste that was.
  18. Frostttt

Completely useless, unless you're using a semi-auto.
  19. Saiidin

I've seen (IRL) a forward grip on a pump action shotgun. Why not on a bolt action? Function isn't everything, sometimes you just need to feel more...manlyish...
  20. Nommingu

Tried either of the nc pistols... compared to any of the other pistols nc loses out big time... actually nc loses out on anyhing except their starter sniper... all TR and vanu ARs are better as well... infil is probably the only place NC even competes when it comes to weapons