Bolt-Action + Forward Grip = ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sylvanicus, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Sylvanicus

Legitimate question here, and sorry if I'm a little slow or anything. On all my bolt action sniper rifles I can get a forward grip attachment. The cert description says something along the lines of "reduces horizontal recoil during sustained fire".

Well, my understanding of the phrase "sustained fire" is that it's not what bolt action rifles do. You fire, and by the time you've reloaded and whatnot, any recoil that might have happened is long gone.

Am I missing something here? I'd like to think that this cert is not 100 cert points of uselessness, but as far as I can figure it is.
  2. Bad_idea

Useless, at least I think so.
  3. Incarnadine

Bolt rifle + forward grip = silly.

Semi auto + forward grip = Win
    • Up x 3
  4. Faidwen

Ya, I looked this up and it was unclear, although I thought it was vertical recoil... but realistically I agree, this would be pretty much useless on a single shot bolt rifle wouldn't it????
  5. Sylvanicus

That's what I thought. While we're on the subject: flashlight. Why. What POSSIBLE use could I have for a flashlight on a long range bolt action other than giving my position away?

I am not sure SOE understands exactly how sniping works...
    • Up x 2
  6. Faidwen

I think that the flashlight can be used in certain situations to mimic a firefly, thus allowing you to casually sneak past the enemies on warm summer Auraxis nights...

I could be wrong though!
    • Up x 8
  7. Faidwen

Now if it stopped some of the sway.... I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
    • Up x 5
  8. Sylvanicus

In theory I could also use it to send morse code signals to my outfit in case our TeamSpeak server is out of range.
    • Up x 3
  9. Kalocin

I think they were going to add an upgrade that lets you hold your breath longer....Not sure why it never got added but it would probably be a lot better than a grip for your 1-shot sniper lol.
  10. m44v

Yeah, the forward grip for bolt-action got me wondering too... and flashlights are useless in any weapon since the nights aren't so dark, unless they have some sort of blinding effect like in bf3.

Just hold your breath with the shift key.
  11. Two_Hands

they should remove the grip on all snipers or at least on the bolt action ones and add bipods
    • Up x 6
  12. Amador

Although I am not a Sniper/Cloaker, I'd go the extent to say that a Compensator on a Bolt-Action weapon is also silly. This is due to the time between shots being so large as when you're working the action that it's simply not worthwhile. With that said, I'd probably go with a Silencer or Flash Hider instead if I had to put a device on at all. But by now, you may have learned that any muzzle device on a bolt-action is unnecessary.

But then again, nothing fixes those ridiculous tracers that have been loaded into your rifle does it? Now if I could only get rid of those...
  13. Vepo

Yeap fore grips on the Bolt Action is being stupid ... I sat there looking going "huh... why?"
  14. Soylent

Holy ****, you learn something every day xD
  15. GrimReap3R

Since that it is about helping other snipers to become better, I`ll throw in my 5 cents. As an experienced beta sniper with almost 2500 kills with the bolt action and access to boatloads of free certs I unlocked it for a try, answer is plain and simple, the forgrip equipped on any sniper even the semi auto sniper is a wasted fail investment, because it provides not a single advantage for a sniper who got used to it and learned the way how to snipe an enemy with it. To all snipers in PS2, walk instead of run, be patient and take your time and aim properly, use the most important key (function=hold breath ) called Shift and your bullet will hit your target, no matter what or if with or without forgrip, so safe that certs for more important unlocks instead of giving it a try.
  16. Cer0

I would also like to add a few things....

1. Don't waste ammo on MAX suits unless it has a sliver of health
    2. Be patient. Let your target get to their firing position, cause long distance moving targets are a pain to lead.
    3. People don't look up... seriously.
  17. zijin_cheng

Or just turn gamma up all the way lol
  18. Obest

Bolt-Action + Forward Grip = Feeling of awesomeness that you can forward grip your bolt-action :p

I just re-read my post, hopefully it passes censorship :)
    • Up x 2
  19. Scorponok

that was a joke right? sarcasm?
  20. Obest

Those were the words of truth my man.