BioLabs Are ruining this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by weap0nkil, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ViXeN

Well, I'm just growing increasingly irritated with the community on the forum lately. The constant whining about how everything is either under-powered or over-powered, the flaming when you disagree with them, the trolling, the endless excuses, etc.... Anyway, I don't know what kind of player you are, I just assumed you were a tank/aicraft fan because you seemed to hate the idea of infantry-only combat in the biolabs. I think its good to have places where we can play traditional FPS type of gaming for a change. I get tired of dealing with all the vehicles and rocketpods all the time.
  2. Simferion

About the irritation I can give you the advice to leave the forums alone sometimes...

About the infantry-only fights: while I agree, being mostly an infantry player, with some tanking/harassing/MAXing going on lately, I still hate Biolab because they aren't not tactical fights. It's just trying to score in soccer shooting the ball in the face of the goalkeeper.
  3. Gavyne

Bio labs are the only things in this game that can give me solid 30min+ fun. Everything else is too short, too much sit & wait, too much spawn camping, lots of running around or riding in vehicles, or impossible to defend.

Honestly I can go hours in a bio labs provided there are enough enemies to fight with. It's the only true urban warfare in this game. I really don't understand why people complain about bio labs so much. The whole bio labs aren't tactical fights speech, come on folks, there isn't a whole lot of strategy or tactics in this game. Sometimes people just want to login, shoot at people, and get killed.
  4. CDN_Wolvie

You make good points.

I would like you to know that a Outfit I used to run with would train on breaching / room entry. Then we would use a couple Liberators or Rocket Pod Reavers to blast the landing pad, just saturate those entrances. Then using smoke, appropriate scopes, and a complimentary mix of classes, we would breach. It was totally possible to be tactical and combined arms, sure not to the extent that other places are but it was possible.

But that was before some more recent things were added to the game.

What you say are even better points now.
  5. HadesR

I'd prefer it if some were like this ( below ) to spread the fight out more and add diversity.

2 cap points in each Dome

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. NoctD

Biolabs are fine - walls are ruining this game! You heard it here first.
  7. doombro

The problem with biolabs is that there is this particular "phase" of the battle where the attackers are stuck on the jump pads and tele rooms, and both sides are stuck in an absolute stalemate with no end in sight, unless an outside force intervenes. It's that part of biolabs that should be examined and changed accordingly.
  8. MavCooL

Well IMO biolabs is the only place we will hav a fair fight
    We dont hav to worry about vulcan harasser
    We dont hav to worry about striker
    We only hav to worry about Fracture.... :(
    Outside the 3 of them combine will eat everything for breakfast
  9. Gavyne

Funny, that's the "phase" I love the most.
  10. Simferion

Attacking or defending?

If you are the attacker the phase is a "spawncamping fest" with inverted roles.

If you are the defender, you just need to plant the AI Mana turret and rake the certs, until some Infiltrator, slipped out from a teleport and unseen by you and all your friends so busy to farm the attackers outside, slit your throat from behind.
  11. Torok

Solution to the Biolab?
    Rework the lower floor, make it way bigger, place 2 points below and 2 points above
    To all the derper out there here's my point on: "Crown 2.0" = Best base ever yet on Indar, Attackers and defenders have to actually move and push one or another way to win their right in securing the base, it's not a stalemate, there is a flow and it works quite damn fine, a good push from tanks from the tower can obliterate the attackers, proves how combined arms works in such a heavy infantry ruled place, the only problem is with the squad deploy destroying sunderers, as with every other base in this game.
    Having said this..

..Have anyone here seen one of the Hossin's Biolabs?
    Here look at this Picture and tell me
    [IMG]

How is this biolab going to work with the current Lattice system?
    My bet is that this biolab will have all 3 outposts contestable as soon as you have one, giving attackers the chance to have multiple access in the form of the teleports/elevators to the landing pad, Defenders will have to actually make a move and go defend those very outposts instead of sitting and laughing at the pointless enemy attempt at taking over the biolab in a 48+/48+ stale battle,
    I Believe this will go live as I just said and that given the time it will translate to the other continents, if that is not the case then maybe Acan will be the worst biolab ever to fight at yet lol
  12. Crackulous

Biolabs are loads of fun for both defenders and attackers. Tons of certs to be gained. They're a sort of free for all battle where there's potential targets all around to kill. It's no longer the commonplace farm or be farmed battle often found to be the case when it comes to open arena bases where air and ground and pound the spawn to the ground.