BioLabs Are ruining this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by weap0nkil, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Daedrick

Its the only place where infantry can fight peacefully. So yeah you can leave already because you are NOT GONNA TAKE THAT AWAY from us.
  2. Ghostfox

The whole issue with Biolabs:

People lack guts. What you see in Biolab is the same sort of pecking you see in any sort of armor fight.. people too scared to commit to the fight.

If your teleport room is getting camped.. organize a push out from it. Max crash, coordinated push, whatever. Too many people go out piecemeal from the teleport room to feed the meat grinder without any sort of real coordination.
  3. Clay Pigeon

How am I supposed to airchav people to death when they're in that dome? Nerf biolabs!
  4. ThePackage

If you're creative you still can, very effectively.
  5. Ghostfox

and absolutely kill the draw of Biolabs.

The entire problem with this game right now is that there is an attackers bias across the board.

Hence you get no real defenses outside of Biolabs and the crown. Hence you just get the zergs rolling from place to place chewing up cap XP with little actual fighting going on.

You suggest something that would further increase the attackers bias and further encourage people to zerg around eachother instead of getting into actual battles.

If anything, the devs should encourage defenses. If they want their epic fights that they advertised, they should note how reducing how defensible a place is reduces the amount of fighting that occurs. Sure, iagree that minor changes were needed for Techplants, but they killed the Tech plants with the changes they made.
  6. {joer

Wrong. With easy teleport spawn points in most of them, all it takes is a slightly larger invasion force and sooner or later you take down the gens, game over.

All the points are almost never equally covered, once you break through and flank, they all have to spawn in the same room which you can camp while blowing the SCU.

When the invaders all are stupid and funnel into the same air platform on the other hand, yea they are too defensible, vrs idiots anyways.
    • Up x 1
  7. korpisoturi

exactly. too many players try to keep good k/d ratio insted of pushing, people should "sacrifice" them selfs more to give others who come behind better chance to gain ground and revive them after first push .
  8. Madmojo

I agree defense needs encouragement and rewards. I'm just brainstorming and throwing out an idea or two. I'm confined by the base designs so I'm trying to work within that limit. Since early early beta when there was only one teleporter up and bio labs were won with galaxies, I've said this was going to be a problem. Now Tech plants are a joke defensively, people are swarming to camp bio labs regardless if they have no other territory on the continent. I don't try to tell people how to play but I'm fairly certain this wasn't part of plan.
  9. Madmojo

It is not untrue at all. I specified the 4 days the NC held it. Yes, TR have been camping it and losing it daily before that. Go troll someone else.
  10. Duckforceone

you can thank the tech plant defense nerf for that...

but yeah, i fear that soon the biolab will be open for vehicles and planes as well.. and infantry only days are fully over... and this will become vehiclespamside2...
  11. CoffeeBreak

Lol it was joke eventhough what I said was true. Way to be a little *****. I didn't realize you were crying about being farmed.
  12. Alesteex

More defensible locations please. So sorry that some of these sissies are afraid of a real fight. Others have said it. Push yourself forward, organize MAX charges, use grenades, use smoke, and fight for that ground as if your life depended on it. As the attacker you already have the initiative. That is one major advantage in itself. Almost seems like there is no point in defending these days, and because of that, the fights in this game can often times suck.
  13. Valeriu

There are more than 2 ways in, might want to look around some more
  14. bPostal

Combined Arms is not throwing away infantry combat, which is what this game is doing at the moment nine times out of ten.
  15. Madmojo

I'm not going to argue with you but it seems you don't realize quite a bit. So I agree with you on that. I never whine, I try to be constructive for the benefit of the game. Something these forums could use more of. Try to stay on topic and use facts. Ill help you. NC held Allatum uninterrupted from the 21st to the 25th. There was no half the time TR held it as you ambiguously claim. And again, yes TR have been on and off camping Allatum a few days before that. Some Goons might take offense to you giving credit to TR when their defense lasted much longer than the TR.
  16. Dovahkiin

What I meant is, 2 ways in without capping any of the surrounding areas.

Might want to understand what I was meaning some more.
  17. CoffeeBreak

I guess I'm delusional and TR didn't lose all of Indar over and over and over all weekend because everyone was in there and I imaged Buzzcut CONSTANTLY spamming stuff about planting seeds and making them grow for hours and hours.

Oh well, can't argue with someone who is right when I'm wrong right?

Anyway, to be constructive and on topic. Biolab farming will not ruin the game. It's double xp and it's a phase. The farmers are already getting bored and eventually those being farmed will realize it's not worth running to their deaths.

It's like every complaint about balance on these forums. All little phases and fotm caused by players feeling the game out. Someday someone will discover a bug that causes a medic pistol to kill tanks in one hit and everyone will do that for a couple days until it's fixed. It's just how mmos work, use what seems to be most effective until something else comes along.
  18. Dovahkiin

This is why you see a huge influx of players choosing the medic or engineer when assaulting or defending a biolab.

Granted it isn't as good but the XP is easier.
    That's the point.
    There is low effort but high XP gain from being a medic or engineer in a biolab.

Why people defend:
    • XP
    • XP
    • Did I mention XP?
    • Because they are noobs and don't really know any better.
    • Defend? Who defends? Defense is broken due the metagame, base design, zergs, etc.
    You're pretty lame in saying that.
    Of course defense can't touch that score because the game caters more to offense then defense.
    Defense is broken due the metagame, base design, zergs, etc.
    In addition, the defense on wherever you were attacking must have been appalling or you must have come with a (semi-)zerg for you to get that score.

Just wait until people start certing into dual burster maxes and AA and ESF secondary's.
    A tough time is coming for air. Just wait and see.
  19. Isila

Biolabs are the only defensible bases left in the game since the tech plant nerf. They're also the only place that infantry can go to get away from the constant, mindless HE, rocket pod, and zephyr/dalton spam (to be fair, replaced by mindless grenade spam, but at least you can reasonably avoid grenades with a keen eye and quick reflexes).

Their popularity is a symptom of problems that PS2 has.
    • Up x 1
  20. Babaganoush

lol at a Vanu avatar whining about Bio Labs.

In my server it goes:
    TR/NC - Actually push into the Bio Lab trying to cap points
    VS - Stay in the landing pads and behind shields, rarely push in

For some reason, the VS have a tendency to avoid infantry focused fights being the killmongers they are.