BioLabs Are ruining this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by weap0nkil, Dec 25, 2012.

1. bPostal

The potential for this game is not to be squandered. That's why I argue for change.
    Infantry doesn't take bases, vehicles take bases and therein lies the rub.
    • Up x 3
  2. RockHarder

Its a combined arms game - you can go back to CoD if you don't like it

there are always a small group in bio labs, but bigger battles - combined arms ones - at the crown and elsewhere
  3. JesNC

The cue word is combined arms.

Combined Arms =|= infantry being a liability 80% of the time.

Biolabs and the crown are the rare places where infantry isn't just xp on legs, but a requirement to win the battle.
  4. Yautja

The Biolabs are where the people tired of the armor/air imbalance with infantry go to show their defiance to being farmed.
  5. PoisonedAl

I think people are confusing "too defensible" with "not zergable." If the zerg turns up to amp station or tech plant you might as well give up and move somewhere else. You have to think about taking a bio-lab. One squad can cut off the surrounding areas of a lab, cap all it's out buildings then attack it's SCU. Done quickly enough you can take the lab with little resistance. Try to zerg it and it turns into a meat grinder.

Yes I know, using tactics in a war game. Blasphemy!
  6. gunshooter

People goto the only place where there's an actual infantry battle? Maybe SOE should take a hint.
  7. Aelloon

ESF won't do you that much good in there. You need a Liberator.
  8. JudgeDeath

Absolutely nothing wrong with biolabs .. not as attack target nor defend target.

Only people whining about these are too dumb to think lemmings-style players that never moved past the "fire burns .. dont touch the fire" in human brain development.

All it takes is a platoon to arrive in biolab fight and deploy from one other entrance compared to the current "shot 8 times at jumplift and still going at it" attack.
  9. Tobax

Thats not the fault of the bio lab its down to the fact that its the only place we can have infantry only fighting without vehicles spamming shells at us.
  10. PsychoBat

Biolabs work just as good bases should work. Zerg can ram their head against it for hours while the defense is farming but an organized group can still break the stalemate and get the base.
    • Up x 1
  11. ThePackage

The problem is, that most people don't understand, you simply don't get that much xp. Unless you're medic camping, or repairing MAXs your xp is terrible. And even if you are a medic or engineer it's still not as good as you'd get finding a good balanced fight.

Unfortunately people think that holding a point is some sort of heroic action. I farmed 200 NC on Christmas in a single hour with my lib, over 90k SPH. No one defending could touch that score per hour. The best part was when the scat MAXs finally pushed all our infantry off of the pad and rushed out with their engineers and I decimated almost 40 people in three Zephyr strafes.
  12. Jawa

Biolabs are my favorite type of big station in the game actually.
    I really appreciate that it's less about vehicles, yet they are still essential to taking the substations that give you access to teleporters.

If anything I find the new tech plants to be silly
  13. gunshooter

If you had 90k SPH you would've had much more than 200 certs. Nice lying.

Defending bio labs is a ****ton of certs, and the best part is it doesn't require you to be a subhuman ESF/tank *****.

[IMG]
  14. Madmojo

What the OP is referring to is the entire NC faction is inside the Allatum BioLab on Matherson for 4 days. There is no infantry battle. It's just a bunch of camped teleporter rooms and air pads. I'm all for fun infantry battles but the new Allatum Crown on Matherson isn't it. Some minor changes that keep BioLab integrity but reduce mass camp farming would be nice. For example put two cap nodes outside and if you can't get the two inside the attacker can still win through influence. That still adheres to the hex system the devs seem to love.
  15. Xil

I'd really like to see an organized outfit break a biolab defense when an entire empire crams their entire population into it like what's happening over the double EXP weekend.

When the head of Enclave even says it's unlikely they could break the farm, something is up.

I miss the days of Planetside 1 when said bases could 'drain' from lack of NTU and you could literally starve out the base. Kill farms going on for DAYS at a time is just stupid. (Mattherson server BTW)
    • Up x 1
  16. lyravega

I got inside once. It was empty though. Next day, we got a prowler inside. Next day, a sunderer. :p
  17. quicKsanD

The problem lies with the fact that there aren't many defensible positions in this game. Biolabs are not ruining the game neither were the old Tech Plant (should be changed back). Bases are supposed to have advantages for the defenders over the attackers. The Crown, Scarred Mesa Skydock, Indar Comm Array, The Stronghold, these are well designed bases that offer the defenders a change to get to the capture point before the attacker.

If other outposts and towers were defensible there wouldn't be this problem. While yes a Meta game needs to be introduced to gives incentives for holding surrounding territories the lack of other defensible positions is a problem. With most outposts being placeholders between bases and towers are too open to spam no one want to defend these locations.

I am not saying this game is only about infantry, I am not saying to nerf vehicles, I am saying there needs to be more locations where infantry are important. Right now in most locations they are just fodder. We need more structure to the outposts, like walls or underground passages, the towers need to be more closed off. The more defensible positions then maybe people will spread out more.
    • Up x 2
  18. ThePackage

200 kills, not 200 certs.............Nice reading.
  19. Turiel =RL=

Bio Labs are the equivalent to PS1 Interlinks. Still they cannot be defended if attacked properly! The correct strategy exists, it simply doesn't get applied often enough. Part of the reason for this is that you cannot really organize the zerg in PS2, because the command chat is basically missing. Any bigger outfit with halfway decent command structures should be able to take any Bio Lab without much effort.

I mean just think about it: A Bio Lab has 3 teleporters and 2 landing pads and the defenders have to keep all of them covered....
  20. CoffeeBreak

That's not true at all...TR crammed their whole faction in there half the time :)