best lgm for vanus

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by JustBlu, Jun 9, 2013.

1. sindz

Only place I've found the polaris to shine is if you fit it with laser sight and extended mag and go CQC hipfire mode (since this gun excells at this). Especially if you can find a parked sunderer, run around in circles holding down the trigger, is alot of fun :)
  2. Negator

strawman much buddy. Youre straight up lying now lol. Everything you just said was twisted or completely false, which says alot about how YOU like to debate. Please stop talking on subjects you clearly know very little about.

The TMG50 and EM6 are great weapons. The Ursa is not these weapons.

The TITLE OF THIS THREAD is 'best LMG for VS'.

The 88 is the best LMG for VS. flat out. We're not talking cqc, not long range, not some placebo 'style' here, the OP is asking for tried and true general purpose BEST. Take your silly little ego elsewhere.

So bottom line here folks is you can take the opinion of somebody who lives in the land of bunny rabbits and sunshine who carries very mediocre stats synonymous with someone not worried about using the best, or that of someone with 12,000 LMG kills and twice the SPM. Up to you.
  3. Negator

So are you simultaneously agreeing with Fnky but agreeing with me?
  4. Negator

5. Tallfeather

Agreed, 88 unless you can pick a specific scenario. Even then, the 88 is competitive.
  6. chrisbeebops

Both.

I still use the SVA-88 very often when playing HA. It is the best all around LMG VS has right now. But by no means is it the best at everything, and is outclassed by others in CQC ability or in range.

PS2 weaponry is all about selecting the best weapon for the job. Most of the weapons are a tradeoff between TTK and range. Take shotguns and SMG's for example. They are extremely powerful CQC, but beyond a certain range they range from ineffective to worthless. Longer range weapons generally have higher TTK in exchange for better effectiveness at range.

There are definitely better LMG for CQC and longer range combat. But SVA-88 just seems to be right at a sweet spot which gives really good effectiveness at both close and medium range while being best at neither.
  7. Negator

I never denied there are other weapons better suited to specific circumstances. My stance matches yours. Agreeing with Fnky just means you think im a mega-maniacal jerk lol
  8. chrisbeebops

Ah naw, I don't agree with that part. The rest of his arguments seemed sane enough though. :cool:

EDIT: After rechecking I think I quoted the wrong post above hmm..:confused:
  9. AssaultPig

the sva-88 is civilization. If you're not going to get it you may as well stick with the orion, which is also pretty great.

The ursa is okay, but it's terrible at everything that isn't medium-to-long range shooting, and it isn't as good at that as the other factions' long range LMGs. It's DPS, recoil and recovery aren't anything spectacular and it has a larger ADS CoF than the gauss SAW or the TMG. It just isn't good enough at long range to offset how awful it is everywhere else.
  10. FnkyTwn

From the Stats page: The TMG-50, EM6 and Ursa are incredibly similar to
    each other. For the most part, the Ursa is the same or better than the other
    two LMGs. The Ursa lags behind RoF a bit (577 vs 550), the TMG-50 has
    better recoil decrease (15 vs 13, the SVA-88 used to have 15 too, but it
    got nerfed a few GUs back), and there's a tiny horizontal Min/Max recoil
    variance of 0.0125 (0.175 vs 0.1875). So like I said, the Ursa is as close
    as Vanu gets to the TMG-50 and EM6. - Stats aside, they all feel fairly
    similar. Those comparing the SAW to any other LMG are just incorrect.

I'm not disagreeing that the SVA-88 is a great all-around gun. In that respect,
    so is the Pulsar LSW, which is 400certs cheaper than the SVA. I'm not about
    to say that the Ursa should be used in any other situation than Medium and
    Long range, because it's pretty terrible at CQC. But I also know it's a whole
    lot better than the SVA past 40m.

I was simply pointing out for those in this thread, that you'd argue with a brick
    wall if given the chance, and that in that other thread, you basically slander
    every weapon other than the SVA-88, and claim that it's the only weapon that
    should ever be used.

I own the SVA-88, it doesn't suit my normal playstyle. Of course it has a place
    in the game, but it's basically just a better version of the Orion. But you disagree
    with all of this mumbo-jumbo about the different ways people might play the game.

I wouldn't call your 202SPM "double" my 161SPM. In that other thread you went
    after somebody because they had less overall "accuracy" than you did. Obviously
    you've checked mine and realized that wasn't something you could challenge, and
    obviously my K/D ratio is better, so you won't mention that. What other "mediocre"
    stats are you talking about exactly?

Looking at my stats I have 4 more kills with the SVA-88 than I do with the Pulsar C,
    and yet my score with the SVA is 112,345, while the Pulsar is only 74,514. Why
    do think that is? Rocket Launcher perhaps?You could probably chalk your SPM
    up to the Decimator and your Alpha Boost more than your LMG work.

If the SVA-88 is so awesome and amazing, why are you back to using the Orion?
    >> LINK <<

JustBlu says he's a brand new player. Maybe he should start out with the Orion for
    a while until he gets his bearings in the game, and if the Orion works for him, and if
    he wants a better version of it, then he can pick up the SVA-88.

I'm mostly just offended that you take a big dump on every other LMG but the SVA.
    I know that you've played with a lot of the VS LMGs, and that apparently the Orion
    and SVA really fit your style of play the best, but it's folly to say that one-size-fits-all
    in a game as broad as PS2. And asking what the "best" weapon is, is subjective, not
    some fact you feel you know. JustBlu should be encouraged to try various weapons
    out in VR first before making any purchases.
  11. Negator

-TMG/Ursa/EM6 may feel similar, but simply arent. Use the other two for more then a hundred kills.

-The guy asked for 'best LMG'. If you walked into a Nissan Dealership and asked for the fastest car on the lot, wouldnt you be confused if the salesmen said 'well try them all and see which you think is the fastest'? Same here. Veteran players, popular opinion, and stats show the 88 to be 'the best'. Im not sure why these metrics arent good enough for you, but you think your own opinion is plenty metric for why it isnt the best... You make a troll post full of slander, followed by this wall of colored text, and IM the one that will argue with a brick wall lol......

-The Orion is better up close. But then again, general purpose..... And tell us how many styles there are exactly when it comes to 'aim at bad guy, pull trigger'.

-your HA SPM is 132. My HA SPM is 207. I think i clicked my medic which is 248, and closer to 'twice', so you got me there. 1.67 KD vs 1.58 with a 5% difference is pretty minimal. Your sub 20% LMG accuracy, total kills, kills per minute are all what i would call 'mediocre'. Dont forget, you get mines and an AV turret with that Pulsar C. But different class anyways. And had you read that thread without your 'hates negator' goggles on, you would have seen his accuracy was brought up to disprove his point about being more accurate with the ****** LMG he was trumpeting (Hint: ALL HIS LMGS HAD IDENTICAL ACCURACY), or more directly, he was under the placebo affect of his 'style'. Beyond that, yeah, i dont think people with terrible stats should be giving advice.

-I often switch up LMGs. I cant be a forum warrior that isnt familiar with the weapons i want to rant about can i?

-Justblu wants to know which LMG is the best. Does it get any clearer then that?

-Ive played with the SVA and Orion individually more then youve played with ALL your LMGs. Ive played each other one out to 1100 Kills, which still beats you out by a large margin. I feel like i have to room to speak on each of them.

-Again, vet player opinion, popular opinion, and game stats. killing stationary targets in VR is fine, and everyone certainly should do it, but that doesnt mean good advice isnt out there (which he is seeking). Really, im taking a dump on all the uninformed/confused forum warriors out there. If every time someone asked for the advice and you said "well the 88 is the best general purpose, but these other guns are good for X,Y, and Z reasons" it wouldnt be a big deal.
  12. Fortress

I just got my Auraxium medal for the Flare, and I can confirm that it is terrible.

Stick with SVA-88.
  13. Tallfeather

Which makes me sad, I used to like the flare a lot in the pre-ursa and pre-rebalance days. Now it is just too unreliable. I have auraxium on it as well, but that says more about the people I'm shooting at than me or the gun... :)
  14. Mekhazzio

You don't see the problem here? "Fastest" means a specific, quantifiable thing. "Best" can mean any of a great number of things. If you walk into said dealership and ask for their "best" car, you're probably going to get a blank stare while the salesman calculates the huge commission they're about to get from a clueless rube, and then be shown to a product that is likely to not be the top option in any quantifiable category except MSRP.

I mean, I even agree with your sentiment for the most part. The weapon designers have done a terrible job making weapons be actual sidegrades, and Vanu LMGs are one of the worst-tuned categories in the game. I consider the Flare, Polaris and (especially) the Pulsar LSW to be functionally useless. The Polaris has magazine size and an advanced laser going for it, so it at least has some reason to exist (if not much of one) but the other two are objectively inferior to their alternatives in all attributes. They have literally nothing in their favor. Of the three remaining choices, after the recent Orion nerfs, the SVA-88 does pretty much own the spewgun category. It trades off only a very little DPS and vertical recoil, relative to the Orion, in return for a hefty boost to mag size and minor gains to horizontal recoil and velocity.

But when you scoff at the Ursa, you lose me. There's a reason it gets compared to the EM6 & TMG-50. Relative to them, the Ursa gives up 7% horizontal recoil and 5% ROF for 11% better vertical recoil, 12% better accuracy while moving, 18% faster reload and 9% more bullet velocity. Now that vertical recoil actually matters after the foregrip nerf, I'd say that's a pretty damn good trade.
  15. Negator

I understand what youre saying and we dont really have any 100% concrete facts, but we have enough info to confidently say which owns the spewgun category.

i played both the TMG and EM6 almost to 1000 kills prior to the foregrip nerf, you might be right, but those recoil and ROF stats always made them superior.
  16. Posse

Orion Master Race

Most of the game is close-mid range, in those ranges the highest DPS wins, Orion has the highest DPS, so Orion is the best, period, and with forward grip it's actually decent at longer ranges btw.

And don't come and show me the score per hour of the SVA-88 because in the particular case of the starting weapons, they'll obviously be lower because all the low BRs who don't even know how to play use them.

The SVA-88 can be a good alternative though (one of this days I'll make a serious trial of it, if it convinces me I might try to get the Auraxium on it) because of the higher mag size which is the real drawback of the Orion (it has a faster reload speed though), but don't bother with crap like the Flare.
  17. Selerox

The SVA-88 wins hands down for me. For the simple reason that there is nothing it can't do.

The Ursa is a good choice if you're fighting at range, and the extra ROF makes the Orion great at close range. But the SVA-88 is virtually as good in both situations. If you haven't got the certs for the SVA then the Pulsar is decent but it's pretty much just a poor man's SVA; it lacks the attachment options and more crucially the 0.75 ADS speed.

With the buff it got a little while ago there is genuinely no good reason not to use it, unless you're using either the Ursa or Orion in a specific situation.
  18. Nocturn0l

Orion, SVA-88 and Ursa are all extremely good LMGs.
    The Orion excels at CQC but is still capable at all but extremely long ranges.
    The SVA-88 is probably the best Allrounder, a good choice in every situation, but not always the best choice.
    The Ursa specializes at medium to long range and its accuracy is unmatched.

If I were you I would get both, however, as we already start out with the Orion there is no reason to get the SVA-88 first. Get the Ursa and you have the best guns for every situation. Ursa for long/medium range, Orion for CQC/base fights. Since I got the Ursa I find myself using the SVA-88 less and less because specialized guns are generally better.
    You have to play according to your guns though, if you are using the Ursa you have to keep your distance or you lose your advantage. Same goes for the Orion but instead you have to close the distance to get the advantage.

That's atleast how i play VS HA and it works out quite well.
  19. Voraen

Anyone here know what the NC and TR equivalent of the vanus SVA-88?
  20. AssaultPig

EM6 / SAW S for NC, and either the rhino or the bull for the TR. None have the SVA's .75 ADS movement, though
    • Up x 1