best lgm for vanus

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by JustBlu, Jun 9, 2013.

1. JustBlu

What lmg is best for vanus? Im new in this game and i want to know.
  2. sindz

Pulsar LSW, most versatile.

Ursa & Flare, for long range

Orion, for close range
    • Up x 2
  3. Daddyo540

The Flare is point accurate for only the FIRST 3 shots, that is why you should use its burst fire for long range.
  4. JustBlu

5. sindz

Tied for the 2nd highest ingame, wouldnt call it low.
  6. Daddyo540

Has anyone here tried the Pulsar...i may get it idk about what its affective range or attachments are.
  7. Black March

Ursa can be fantastic, everything else is crap IMO. I go with Ursa or i grab a SMG.
    • Up x 1
  8. Van Dax

SVA-88 hands down, short to medium range it is king, long range use the ursa.
    • Up x 9
  9. MrEclectic

SVA-88. The highest Score per Minute LMG in the game. After the buffs it received in GU8 there is no question about it.

x0.75 movement multiplier, so you can ADS with no severe penalty in movement (useful when strafing), 1.5 first recoil multiplier, so the recoil is predictable, and you can use bursts in mid to long range. Second to highest muzzle velocity, so you don't need to lead your targets that much. Second to lowest reload times, excellent hip fire and ADS accuracy (Pulsar LSW is significantly worse in first recoil multiplier and CoF both while hipfiring and ADS). Furthermore, it has access to Compensator, which reduces its vertical recoil even more. Its downside is relatively high vertical recoil, but the use of Compensator manages that, and also, with the low first shot recoil multiplier, it makes for a rather predictable recoil pattern, which you can compensate with the mouse.

The Ursa is also nice, a bit of a niche and a NC weapon (pun not intended).

Nevertheless, try the weapons, first in VR and then trial.
    • Up x 3
  10. JustBlu

What VR stands for?Srry im new as i said xD
  11. Word Of Madness

Virtual reality. It's a training and trialing mode. When you spawn at the warpgate, go to a globe/map terminal, and click the "VR Training" button. When you're there, you can go to a weapons terminal and select any weapons you want and put whatever attachments you want on them.
  12. Paqu

I've been using the Orion for a while now and it sure is excellent lmg for short to medium range. Its hip fire accuracy is good even without the laser (Iam using the forward grip) and its fast firing speed makes it very powerfull.

Nanoweave armor + resist shield on top of that and I rarely lose on 1v1 situations. I could get any gun I want but I have sticked to Orion so I dont really see a reason why you should change it to something else.
  13. Negator

why why why do people recomend the ursa, or the flare.

Orion and SVA88 are top 2 VS LMGS, flat out.
  14. Prince Planet

First, put a fore grip and 2x Reflex on the Orion. Try that.

Then get the Pulsar LSW and do the same.

Regarding the SVA-88, I'd like to know the last 3 months data not data from the start of the game.
  15. Flashtirade

Pulsar is the cheapest and most effective option. It's reliable, but not really specialized towards anything.
    I've never owned the SVA-88, but general consensus is that it's an amazing weapon.
    I just can't like the Flare.
    The Orion is great at what it does, but I feel it's too CQC-oriented.
  16. Mekhazzio

You might ask the NC. Their one and only LMG that isn't Ursa-style, they pretty much hate.
    This is legitimate, though. Its stats are just flat-out inferior to the Ursa in every way. It has as little point as the Polaris or Pulsar LSW do.
  17. ghnurbles

At the moment, the Orion or the SVA-88 depending on engagement range. The Ursa is good mid/long, but it can't handle close ranges as well as the SVA-88.

Ultimately I would say trial all the LMGs, then buy the one you like the feel of - the weapons team has been pretty good about balancing so far and after the next pass I expect most of the LMGs will be worth using if they match your playstyle.
  18. Negator

none of their weapons are ursa style. The ursa is terrible.
  19. i4PLAY

Just try the NS-15M for half an hour. Even without a single attachement I think it feels better than any VS lmg, but it's all about personal preference so give it a try yourself.
  20. MrEclectic

Average stats per hour from ps2-stats.com. The data in the site are updated daily.