best lgm for vanus

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by JustBlu, Jun 9, 2013.

1. sindz

Range.

Cause if you can aim, understand recoil management the flare and ursa are effectively killing machines where the other weapons doesnt even begin to compare.
  2. Marinealver

pulsar lsw.

Don't ever pickup the lasher they ruined it.
    • Up x 1
  3. sindz

Agreed.

Lasher can be very fun, but its not even close to being worth the 1k certs unless you play in a huge outfit where alot of your members have it.

It is the worst weapon for lone wolfing currently ingame - but works well in huge groups when areal denying.
  4. Crewell

Lasher has it's uses, but if you are trying to use it for the same combat dunction as a LMG, you will be disappointed. I have had good results at CQC and medium ranges with my Pulsar. I don't like the Flare much even though it is versatile. I haven't used the SVA88 or Ursa. I've been killed plenty by the SVA88 on my NC char though and hardly ever see an Ursa kill me.
  5. Negator

Sorry, can you link your stats that support this claim please?
  6. Bill Hicks

This SV -88 is the only LMG that can destroy everything.
  7. sindz

Yes, for in order to prove that the long range guns of this game actually works on long range, i have to link my info. Sigh. Go look at spreadsheets.
  8. Negator

No, you need to prove that "the other weapons dont even compare"
  9. haldolium

I had the weird idea to get back to my Orion the other day and do more LMG CQC stuff. Works pretty neat and feels great due to high ROF yet great power and not as lame as shotguns.

Still unsure about the SV88 since I already got a lot of killing done with the pulsar and the feedback is almost the same
  10. Dalzaar¤

I used to use Ursa a lot in the past but stopped using it due to it's horrible performance in CQC.This week I took the Ursa out for a spin again(new model and all) and got a few kills at long range really easily...but then some enemies reminded me of why I stopped using it in the first place....the reason why many hate it is simple...they don't want to swap loadouts all the time and with Ursa it is suicide to go indoors so you pretty much have to change to a different weapon for indoors.

SVA-88 is the best,no question about it.
  11. sindz

Are you for real?

COF Stand ADS Still

SVA-88: 0.1

Ursa/Flare: 0.03

COF Crouch ADS Still:

SVA-88: 0.1

Ursa/Flare: 0.03

can you be quiet now and stop derailing the thread?
    • Up x 1
  12. Glythe

Sindz has a really great point in that the Ursa/flare are for people who like to stop and aim when shooting. I am this type of person so I bought the ursa recently when it was on sale. I do not like the flare as much after the last changes (lmg nerf) and the Ursa shoots slower so it should be better for range.

Unfortunately overall the CoD style wiggle while pulling the trigger is more effective at close range. I really wish this game made accuracy go completely out the window while you move (instead of a slight penalty). Shadowrun did a really great job of this in that moving and shooting gave you something like a 5x reticle. Unless you were almost touching an enemy you would miss 20/30 bullets from an SMG while moving and moving while jumping was even worse. If you ae more familiar with WoT they use the same mechanic when your tank is stationary (not as big of a penalty for some slow tanks)

Reality is rarely useful for discussions about a game based in fantasy ( although science fiction modeled). But with that in mind you would never win a 30m fight with SMGs or even worse a LMG by trying to dodge shots while shooting against a stationary braced opponent. The guy who is poised ready to shoot is going to land hits on the other guy while he is busy trying to dodge bullets outside of the matrix.
    • Up x 1
  13. Treasurer

At first i was typing a long post for this "i reject your proof, and demand proof, because i can't understand proof you provided"-guy, but realized i was wasting my time. If one doesn't understand the concept of a long range gun being better at range than a short range gun, one haven't played heavy assault for long or did not understand what happened doing so.
    I purchased the Pulsar LSW with the first 100 certs i got(thinking all guns were better than the stock as noob back then). After Auraxium i switched back to Orion . Used to the Pulsar i tried to play the Orion like the Pulsar and my first thought was:"wtf why can't i hit this guy across the street? He's not even moving". I googled for weapon stats to see if the Orion was nerfed or something and discovered the spreadsheet.

To OPs question:
    There is no such thing as THE best LMG they (almost)all have their niches and ranges they are useful at.
    My opinion(based on expirience and the stats of course):

-Orion
    One of the two best short range LMGs VS has, highest rate of fire. I put a forward grip on it to make it mid-ish range capable, but its personal preference.

- SVA-88
    Its head to head with the Orion. You trade a tiny bit dps(and unnoticable different recoil, more vertical less horizontal) for 50% bigger magazine, you can drop 1-2 more ppl before reloading, Good synergy with adrenaline shield. It definatly performs better in expirienced hands as kill stats over all servers state.

- Pulsar LSW
    Best compromise between short and middle to long-ish ranges. Versatility is what you get with this gun. It delivers your shots reliably at mid ranges(lower vertical recoil, predictable and compensateable side recoil) without loosing much close combat effectiveness (93%dps of the Orion but clipsize of a SVA-88)

- VX29 Polaris
    Statwise it seems to be a Pulsar with a more mid range dedication but in my opinion it can't beat the prize of the Pulsar(100 certs). I won't say more about it since i never fired it.

- Ursa
    The poor mans Gauss SAW. Im joking, it just felt similar(opinion). Its the best VS has for mid to long ranges(150m max... for my bad aim something about 100). The rate of fire is so slow it will almost every time get you killed in close range so better have a revolver or good rocket launcher aim when someone gets close. But using bursts and a scope you are very comfortable with will drop people at ranges i don't even try shooting at with my Orion.

- Flare
    The poor mans Ursa. Costing only 250 certs it still doesn't deserve this title. In my opinion no one is poor enough to buy this worse version of the Ursa. Almost every stat is worse than the Ursa. Longer reload, more of all three types of recoil, less bullet velocity. Cones of fire are identical and you get 5% more dps but what is it worth if you can't reliably "deliver" you bullets to the target. 750 spared certs in your pocket don't kill people, good weapons do.

No i did not forget the Lasher. I simply ignore its existence.
    • Up x 1
  14. Fortress

If you're trying to use a LMG at range, stop wasting your time and get in a tank.
    • Up x 1
  15. Mongychops

Huh, the Polaris is ranked 7/19? I would be very cautious about stats averaged by players.
  16. MrEclectic

I agree completely. The way I interpret them is that people that choose sidegrades have already some experience with the game and the weapon mechanincs, and usually know why they want to switch from the default to a sidegrade. So, all the sidegrades perform better than the defaults.

Also, the smaller the sample (for instance Polaris has ~40% less users than the SVA), the more it's influenced by extremes. And finally, average SPM is missing, which would be a useful metric.
    • Up x 1
  17. exLupo

To be honest, the easy answer to all of these questions for any class/empire is the NS weapons. While not the absolute best when compared to a seasoned user of a specific weapon, they combine low recoil and low CoF and a wide variety of attachments for extremely easy to use weapons.

I've been running numbers lately, making this weird efficiency rating (dps/cof as it relates to recoil in moving ads and moving hipfire) and the NS are near the top of every category. Specifically for VS, I'd say the Ursa (easiest to use for the damage it does) or the SV (for ADS move). Also, as was said above, get an SMG for your CQ loadout. The Sirius is an easy pick. While the Eridani is easier to control in ADS, the substantially higher damage per magazine of the Sirius and fact that you'll pretty much just be hipfiring anyway makes it the way to go.
  18. FnkyTwn

Ignore Negator. He showed up in the last Vanu LMG thread and explained
    that he makes everybody in his outfit use the SVA-88, and if you bother to
    argue with him, with well-thought-out reasoning, he only ever manages to
    reply with one tiny sentence that you're wrong.

That should tell you something about him.

Loves to argue, but can't back up anything he says. If you check his stats,
    he plays HA as pure CQC, and doesn't believe there's any other way to play
    HA. He's basically a terrible troll that forces his outfit to play with his favorite
    loadout, even if they might do better with something that fit their 'playstyle'
    better. Oh yeah, he also doesn't believe in individual playstyle. He's just silly,
    and I can't believe he's still trying to 'argue' anything on a public forum.

The Ursa is as close as Vanu gets to the TMG-50 and the EM6. Now sadly,
    Negator also thinks those are terrible weapons, which is just crazy. The Ursa
    excels at 40m+, right where the Flare starts missing shots. The Ursa feels
    buttery-smooth at Medium and Long range, and it's awesome in it's role.
    • Up x 2
  19. chrisbeebops

Good post FnkyTwn.

I have Auraxium on my Ursa and I love it, but it is definitely really bad in CQC. You will only win against bad opponents by using your overshield.

The Orion is the opposite, I find it to be really good in CQC but at longer ranges its accuracy and recoil make it less useful. It also has a smaller clip.

Myself and some of the most experienced HA players I know love the SVA-88. It is definitely not the best in CQC nor long range LMG, but it is just a really good all around weapon meaning you can be effective regardless of what range you are fighting at, and the large clip means you can easily mow down multiple people before reloading.
    • Up x 1
  20. Kozmyk

The Orion is very quick to kill but the ammo shortage put's it down the list.
    My best work is done with SVA-88 at Shrt/Med/Lng ranges. Auraxium medal came quickly and easily.
    That said my Flare's accuracy equals the SVA-88. I'm slowly getting to like it more these days.
    I have them all bar the Ursa. I rotate their use for the medals just to make it interesting.
    On paper the Pulsar LSW should rival the SVA-88 but it doesn't. Not bad though.
    The LSW and the Polaris were hot in Beta but they've fallen behind a bit now.